The Star Forge vs Malachor V

The Star Forge vs Malachor V  

80 members have voted

1. 1. The Star Forge vs Malachor V

• The Star Forge
    • Malachor V

Without cut content, Star Forge wins.

With cut content, Malachor would win.

Shame, because Malachor V was very good in storyline. Unlike the Star Forge, a rip off of the Death Star, Malachor V is a site of the greatest massacure in the Mandalorian Wars...a massacure that you done.

Edited by SilentScope001

:D Amen Sturm lol. I gotta say that Malachor had a nicer theme. It definately gave a nice impression if you played it during a dark stormy night :)

"Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster - and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes into you"

QUOTE(The Architect @ May 9 2007, 05:18 PM)

And if LA announces KotOR III will never be made shortly after TSLRP is shut down, is it reasonable to assume that what happened to Alderaan in A New Hope would happen to LA HQ?

• 2 weeks later...
:D Amen Sturm lol. I gotta say that Malachor had a nicer theme. It definately gave a nice impression if you played it during a dark stormy night :sorcerer:

I agree. Malachor V did have a nice theme music. The Star Forge was good but Malachor V was darker.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Malachor V tried to be creepy but that failed imo. Also, the lack of story there is annoying.

The starforge on the other hand was the climax of Kotor I and as such it served well. You're in a constant hurry, troops and Sith are running towards you from every direction, and you fight through levels of the Starforge which Malak passed just moments ago in cutscenes. That's motivating.

• 1 month later...

I say that Malcore would have won in it's full state but in it's minimal form it's a no contest. We'll need a new poll when TSLRP is done cause Malacor is gonna git some musle that might just make it a fair fight. ;)

Edited by ghosta

Your not all ways being honest when your telling the truth.

Everything slows down when water's around.

So far, I have yet to see good explanations as to why the Star Forge was better then Malachor V or vice versa off course. When you look at the Star Forge, you have 2 possible ways of doing it. DS or LS.

With LS, you must battle quickly to find Bastila to stop her from using her Battle Meditation against the Republic.

With DS, you must battle quickly to leave Bastila in her chamber so she could use her Battle Meditation against the same Republic which would otherwise destroy the Star Forge.

On Malachor V, apart from a battle scene with Mira against Hanharr which IMO didn't add much atmosphere, the planet was exactly the same when you played DS or LS. You didn't feel any rush, you were just slaughtering beasts, assassins and dark jedi till you met Sion and Traya which is probably why we have to wait until the TSLRP is completed.

Master Vandar lives!

On Malachor V, apart from a battle scene with Mira against Hanharr which IMO didn't add much atmosphere, the planet was exactly the same when you played DS or LS. You didn't feel any rush, you were just slaughtering beasts, assassins and dark jedi till you met Sion and Traya which is probably why we have to wait until the TSLRP is completed.

The Star Forge is nothing more than a big Death Star copy-cat. It's fun, but a bit annoying.

Malachor V is the place of the last massacre in the Mandalorian Wars. It is a place that has tons of evil, and is where you lose your connection to the Force. It is the secret base of the Sith Order. It is...nightmarish.

To see Sith assisans bowing down to you, that was quick spooky as well

Otherwise, they are EXACTLY the same. You still have 100 Dark Jedi rushing towards you, and becoming an uber-Jedi/Sith, you smash them all. The difference is that in Malachor V, you are the only person in the party (theortically making difficulty harder...except you wasn't), and...there were more classes from which to kill. The civilian Sith Assisans make a nice touch, enhancing an already creepy setting.

I also have to say that they did do a fine job with the Sion will-breaking minigame (altough more improvment may be necessary, the concept was innoviate), and there is always Kreia's revalations. The nihlistic ending to the game, where nothing you did really mattered, was really...fitting...given Kreia's hatred of the Will of the Force. The game ended as it begun, on a dead planet that is about to explode, with broken corpses scattered all over, and your future in doubt.

Edited by SilentScope001

The Star Forge is nothing more than a big Death Star copy-cat. It's fun, but a bit annoying.

Malachor V is the place of the last massacre in the Mandalorian Wars. It is a place that has tons of evil, and is where you lose your connection to the Force. It is the secret base of the Sith Order. It is...nightmarish.

Otherwise, they are EXACTLY the same. You still have 100 Dark Jedi rushing towards you, and becoming an uber-Jedi/Sith, you smash them all. The difference is that in Malachor V, you are the only person in the party (theortically making difficulty harder...except you wasn't), and...there were more classes from which to kill. The civilian Sith Assisans make a nice touch, enhancing an already creepy setting.

I also have to say that they did do a fine job with the Sion will-breaking minigame (altough more improvment may be necessary, the concept was innoviate), and there is always Kreia's revalations. The nihlistic ending to the game, where nothing you did really mattered, was really...fitting...given Kreia's hatred of the Will of the Force. The game ended as it begun, on a dead planet that is about to explode, with broken corpses scattered all over, and your future in doubt.

and you're point is...? :thumbsup:

Malacore had the potential to be great. Unfortunatly like the game as a whole it was crippled by the quick release.

The Star Forge gave you a sense of things moving to a climax, and when you finished there was a sense of satisfaction at having finished the game.

Malacore had a good start, and quickly went down hill. While there was a sense of things moving towards a climax, quite frankly it never arrived. Instead of having a feeling of satisfaction at finishing the game you think "That was It!?".

Compared together the Star Forge is a level you can do again and still have the same sense of having finished. Malacore is a level that you have very little motivation to do again, if anything the sense of disapointment is even greater the second time around.

And that, my friends, is why the Star Forge is by far the better ending.

and you're point is...? >_<

Point is, it got a better concept, just like the rest of TSL, and I felt it was actually done pretty effectivly. That's a plus in my book. The Star Forge is a great level, but Malachor V has the better story, and I like stories.

Edited by SilentScope001

and you're point is...? >_<

Point is, it got a better concept, just like the rest of TSL, and I felt it was actually done pretty effectivly. That's a plus in my book. The Star Forge is a great level, but Malachor V has the better story, and I like stories.

It would be a good story if you could've played in the wars,like an intro to the game.But NO,you just jump into the action.And i hate when they do that to games with great potential :ermm:

Good cutscenes really help this, with malak ordering waves against you, really helps to spur you on to kill him. Confrontation with Bastila (LS) is good, particularly as it separates you from your companions, leaving the battle with Malak a 1 on 1 affair.
My thoughts exactly. I like Malachor, but the SF is just better, it had a clear plan to it, Master Vandar and Admiral Dodonna take on the Sith fleet as you dock with the station, stop Bastila, and kill your way to Malak. After that, the Sith are routed and the Star Forge destroyed, on Malachor there's too little going on and it ends in a "to be continued" fashion that nobody's ever liked. If you ask me, they should have focused on the Ravager and the battle of Telos, with Carth and the Republic, the Mandalorians and everything, that is the SF of TSL, Malachor is just a private business between master and apprentice, something to settle before journeying to the unknown regions.

Good cutscenes really help this, with malak ordering waves against you, really helps to spur you on to kill him. Confrontation with Bastila (LS) is good, particularly as it separates you from your companions, leaving the battle with Malak a 1 on 1 affair.
My thoughts exactly. I like Malachor, but the SF is just better, it had a clear plan to it, Master Vandar and Admiral Dodonna take on the Sith fleet as you dock with the station, stop Bastila, and kill your way to Malak. After that, the Sith are routed and the Star Forge destroyed, on Malachor there's too little going on and it ends in a "to be continued" fashion that nobody's ever liked. If you ask me, they should have focused on the Ravager and the battle of Telos, with Carth and the Republic, the Mandalorians and everything, that is the SF of TSL, Malachor is just a private business between master and apprentice, something to settle before journeying to the unknown regions.

EXACTLY what i think of it :*

i enjoyed some parts of kotor 1 way more than 2. the star forge being one of them. i mean, uve been looking for it ur whole game but on kotor 2 its like oh an unwanted blast from the past ( well i guess the star forge is too but u didnt remember it..)

"She was short, she was furry, she was loud, and she was determined to sell him a melon"- random passage from Spector of the Past by Timothy Zahn

The Star Forge is waayy much better than Malachor V. Compare a dead planet with lots of cracks with lights, buried republican ships and lots and lots of dead jedi, and a Sith Academy which mysteriously survived the Mass Shadow Generator, TO A space installation located on the orbit of a Star! :)

sugodpalpa.gif

Malacore 5-

PROS

*Sith acadamey was pretty decent and the different units of Dark Jedi made it interesting

*Loved the whole screwing with Sion's head thing (I was DS so it was fun)

*The encounter with Traya was decent

CONS

*The outer area of malacore was a waste of time

*The remote was pretty gay and I had to reload a save and kill every single enemy so the remote won't die

*The "to be continued" ending was retarted, and it wasn't like it left you wanting more but more like "was that all?"

Star Forge-

PROS

*Loved the whole 'space fortess' theme

*The cutscenes kept your attention and pushed you motivation to get to the end

*Although fighting Malak was 10 times easier than Traya, it was more fun fighting over the dead Jedi's for heals :p

CONS

*Copy off of Death Star (even though I could care less, people this its bad so i'll but it here)

*Sith just keep coming and I didnt have time to heal or any breaks (even to get the robes)

*Hated the two battles before Malak, the first (if you wen DS and had Bastila) you fought a bunch of pushover Sith wannabes and the droid killing was

stupid. But if you went LS fight Bastila made up for killing the retarted droids.

IMO, Star Forge wins this bout, waiting for the TSLRP, but untill then Malacore will have to wait.

IN CASE OF EMERGENCY: Break glass to get hammer, use hammer to get rock, rock beats scissors, scissors cuts the yarn, cat plays with the yarn, use cat for protection.