Lightsabers

Sorry if this topic has been done before, but how many possible Lightsabers can you recieve in one playthrough? I know it is random, but other than your own built Lightsabers and one on Master Lonna Vash's corpse, can you recieve other Lightsabers? I appreciate any replies that are helpful to this topic.

Edited by Diego Varen

You can get loads of lightsabres, talking to (or killing) most of the masters will give you at least one. If you have a sabre on Nar Shadaa then you can pick up another from Voga's locked room, likewise if you have a sabre when you meet Visas you'll get another one when you beat her. There are also at least another 3 sabres to pick up on your second mission to Onderon-two from the temple and another on Onderon itself.

I pesonally don't mind short lightsabers, they are only 2 damage less (and

when fully upgraded, that matters not) and they are balanced, so good in

the off hand.

I have the philosophy, it can't do any damage if it doesn't hit, so I ensure I

hit as often as possible.

I generally don't go for saberstaffs, even though they look cool, as I like to

have as many crystals benefitting my jedi as possible.

Laterz...

I tried the same thing with the contrents of boxes and discovered that you always get the same thing each time around. I'm guessing the answer would be no, but it is worth trying. The short sabres, btw, are great in the off hand as they are balanced weapons, the penalty for having two weapons is therefore lower. If your having problems getting sabres I'm guessing you'd either have to start the game over, or reload before you take that planet-I'm not sure at which point the game decides which items you'll get in each location. (Saving before you leave the Telos academy might be worth trying)

Oh, and if you really want a couple of sabres try Dantooine when you already have a sabre. If you change the scavengers will and hand that in you'll normally get a sabre or two, and rescueing the guy from the lower levels of the academy then buying the items he offers off you normally gets you another sabre. The same thing will get you the components needed to build a sabre if you don't have one on Dantooine.

When it comes to getting sabers, I think that the ways you get them are:

1st Lightsaber - the three parts.

For each instance that you would get the parts after completing the quest

you get a lightsaber.

Therefore (at 2 parts/lightsabers per planet)

1 for completing the quest (assuming by completing both on dantooine)

1 for defeating visas (total 2)

2 on dxun (total 4)

2 on nar shadaar (total 6)

2 on korriban (total :huh:

Then if playing DS

1 for killing Vrook

1 for killing Zez-Kai-El

1 for killing Kavar

(?1 on Vash's Body?)

Grand Total (playing DS): 11 (?12?)

This is up till Malachor, and I don't know if you get more there, or if you

can get one from Nihilus (don't think so).

Laterz...

PS - almost forgot, Freedon Nadd's Short Lightsaber.

I've saved the game and reloaded to get different sabers before. I think there might be some that are 'fixed', but typically the save thing works.

When you save is the thing, tho...for example, I think you have to save before the final town-fight on Dantoonie (before you click to trigger the convo that starts it) - so if don't like what he gives you, you have to re-play the whole dialogue/fight/cutscenes again. Another: I've also saved/reloaded for the hutt slug's sabers. When the game puts you in his room, I click-responsed out of the dialogue before triggering the dancing bit, saved, then initiated convo again.

I'm not sure how many possible sabers there are in the game total - but I do know that I've equipped four or five of the npc's with 2 sabers and had a few left over.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Might want to know that TSL doesn't always generate lightsaber items that are of only one colour. So, say that game tends to give you lightsabers that are mostly of yellow or bronze, there might also be a few that could be purple or of another colour. Just that it takes a bit of effort to be able to get sabers of different colour.

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

Nihilus' body doesn't have a Lightsaber. Sion's does though.

No, I heard there is a glitch--Sometimes Nihilus's body didn't disappear after his death--and it gives you Darth Nihilus's Robe and his lightsaber...Only in rumor

And, After you did everything for Hussef in Refugee Quad in Nar Shaddaa, he will give you one--After you finished the Lightsaber request.

Edited by CSI: Nihilus

csicoruscantek4.jpgcsinarshaddaale5.jpg

| RP Fic: Knightfall | RP: Knightfall: The duel between Light and Dark |

Savoir, conqueror, hero, villian...You're all those things...--Emperor Skywalker to CSI, redeemed Darth Nihilus.

I think you are right, there are not enough. Yes I know you guys just listed all that you can get but I think that is not enough. I also think you go for too long without your own lightsaber from the start as proof. :crazy:

Someone who agrees with me. And yes, I think you should've got your Lightsaber on Telos, Citadel Station or the Secret Academy.

I think you are right, there are not enough. Yes I know you guys just listed all that you can get but I think that is not enough. I also think you go for too long without your own lightsaber from the start as proof. :crazy:

Someone who agrees with me. And yes, I think you should've got your Lightsaber on Telos, Citadel Station or the Secret Academy.

No, you can't get lightsaber on Telos, Citedal Station and Secret Academy unless you use cheats or mods.

Savoir, conqueror, hero, villian...You're all those things...--Emperor Skywalker to CSI, redeemed Darth Nihilus.

No, you can't get lightsaber on Telos, Citedal Station and Secret Academy unless you use cheats or mods.

I know CSI. I've played the game too many times knowing that the horrible woman we call Atris, doesn't give your Lightsaber back.

I know CSI. I've played the game too many times knowing that the horrible woman we call Atris, doesn't give your Lightsaber back.

You know what my opinion is? Just Force Persuade

EXILE: [Force Persuade]: You will give my lightsaber back.

ATRIS: [sUCCESS]: I will give your lightsaber back.

Maybe Exile could use force power move in getting saber back from Atris if it was included in game, given that Vader did in being able to get Solo's blaster in TESB after surprising him through in Cloud City. Not exactly sure about what move is called, but pulls weapon away from someone's grasp.

Deep from within...

朱宣澧

While I think there's enough sabers in the game overall for just going thru/winning the game, I do know that I often wished I could get them faster - usually by the time I'd collected enough sabers to equip my party the way I wanted, the game was more than half over. :D

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I look at it this way:

KOTOR 1 -- you weren't even Jedi-classed for several hours of play.

KOTOR 2 -- you started off as a Jedi (sorta) but had to relearn stuff and find parts to build a lightsaber (an OK story bit as long as it doesn't get repeated every time).

KOTOR 3 -- you start off as someone who is about 20 years old and who has been a Youngling in training most of your life. you have access to lightsabers from the beginning of the game but creating one yourself is an important rite of passage and you cannot graduate without it. oh, and if you want your apprentice to have a lightsaber, you gotta find the parts and make one using your own feat to do so.

KOTOR 3 -- you start off as someone who is about 20 years old and who has been a Youngling in training most of your life.  you have access to lightsabers from the beginning of the game but creating one yourself is an important rite of passage and you cannot graduate without it.  oh, and if you want your apprentice to have a lightsaber, you gotta find the parts and make one using your own feat to do so.

Since the Jedi order was wiped out between KOTOR 1&2 that would mean that KOTOR 3 would have to be set nearly 20 years after the second game.

Edited by Darth Mortis

Only trouble with saber weapons is that the regular ones look almost similar apart from difference in colours for blade. If there were some other variants of weapon, like one that had curved handle that had a bit of a fencing attack style which Dooku used, then saber attacks would not be as predictable as it was in game. Or perhaps something like having blade that could be divided into two fine blades. Only with this one is how damage will be divided between those twin blades. Same old thing again, otherwise.

Deep from within...

朱宣澧

One point I would have to add is this:

You get more lightsabers playing DS than LS, as you can get them by killing

the jedi masters.

You find it much more difficult to get influence with the characters you can turn

into jedi when playing DS (apart from atton) this means you are likely to have

less jedi in your party (especially as you get hanharr over mira if you are DS)

This doesn't quite tally up, more lightsabers for less "jedi" and less lightsabers

for more jedi.

Yet another great example of fore-thought in KotOR II. :crazy:

Laterz...

Since the Jedi order was wiped out between KOTOR 1&2 that would mean that KOTOR 3 would have to be set nearly 20 years after the second game.

yes, but there are the Lost Jedi that K2 alluded to and folks like Jolee still out there. there could be some sort of rag-tag academy teaching the new batch of force sensitives (the PC was a Youngling on vacation when the purge happened, etc).

anyway, I'd be happy to continue this in the K3 thread.

Only trouble with saber weapons is that the regular ones look almost similar apart from difference in colours for blade. If there were some other variants of weapon, like one that had curved handle that had a bit of a fencing attack style which Dooku used, then saber attacks would not be as predictable as it was in game. Or perhaps something like having blade that could be divided into two fine blades. Only with this one is how damage will be divided between those twin blades. Same old thing again, otherwise.

this is also getting mighty close to a K3 topic but, yes, I see the point.

in the game Pirates!, you get to choose between Rapier, Longsword, and Cutlass as your fencing weapon.

I wouldn't mind seeing it so where there are 3 basic types of saber chassis, each one corresponding to a certain style: quick, balanced, or power. And each type could be colorized in any number of ways.

Also, a choice of force-draw animations would not go amiss.

I look at it this way:

KOTOR 2 -- you started off as a Jedi (sorta) but had to relearn stuff and find parts to build a lightsaber (an OK story bit as long as it doesn't get repeated every time).

Negative. In the start of the game, you're a Jedi...Can wear Jedi robes, can use lightsabers.

this is also getting mighty close to a K3 topic but, yes, I see the point.

in the game Pirates!, you get to choose between Rapier, Longsword, and Cutlass as your fencing weapon.

I wouldn't mind seeing it so where there are 3 basic types of saber chassis, each one corresponding to a certain style: quick, balanced, or power.  And each type could be colorized in any number of ways.

Also, a choice of force-draw animations would not go amiss.

Can't agree more. There might even be some others that OE might have thought of that didn't make it into game. Imagine if Kreia's three floating lightsabers were each made of a slightly different blade. Would have made for variation in saber fighting. There might even have been an aura that was generated when those three sabers were together within certain proximity that made getting rid of them three times as hard.

Edited by vaxen83

Deep from within...

朱宣澧