Fallout MMO going to happen after all

Spider

Interplay is apparently not dead after all. They apparently have plans to start producing the Fallout MMO next year with a projected release in 2010. All this according to a SEC-filing.

Link (which in turn includes a link to the specific SEC-filing):

http://www.destructoid.com/fallout-mmo-int...es--28559.phtml

I'm too shocked to have anything more to add at this point.

Interplay will never publish another game, this must be some kind of hoax.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I can't believe how blindly optimistic you guys are.

This is Herve and Interplay we're talking about - it's not like EA just announced it with a press release and screen shots.

There's more chance of my dead grandparents coming round for tea than this reaching fruition.

I can't believe how blindly optimistic you guys are.

This is Herve and Interplay we're talking about - it's not like EA just announced it with a press release and screen shots.

There's more chance of my dead grandparents coming round for tea than this reaching fruition.

Is my sarcasm detector broken or is this a perfect example of Sarchasm? :devil:

Actually, when he said 'blindly optimistic' I thought he was saying we were too optimistic to hope that Interplay wouldn't release a MMO.

:alien:"

As far as I am concerned Fallout is dead. Fallout ended with Fallout 2. All other fallout games that came after or will come after is just crap that is best ignored.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

I have no idea, with the massive debts that Interplay has incurred, how they could make this happen. If they do somehow, you know it's going to be total ****. These are the same guys that thought Brotherhood of Steel was a good idea.

Aren't they also the same people that thought Baldur's Gate, Fallout, and ROCK AND ROLL RACING were a good idea?

No.

I'm saying that they're a joke because of hideous mismanagement of their financial assets (such as syphoning money out of the company for other interests), and that they (as far as I can tell) are a high risk investment. I can't imagine them having much operating capital at all.

And I consider them a joke because of this, not because they made some games I didn't like. I certainly don't consider EA to be a "joke," and I could question where their focus in game development is.

Fair point, alan.

... I have nothing more to say, really. I mean, Herve, we'll talk when you have 3D chess on the site. Don't you know that 3D is the future?!