Which Trilogy do you prefer?

Which Trilogy do you like best?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Which Trilogy do you like best?

• OT-Empire Strikes Back,A New Hope,Return of the Jedi
    • PT-The Phantom Menace,Attack of the Clones,Revenge of the Sith

I just hope the animation series soon to come won't suck. Anyway, I perfer OT simply because of storyline. I think that's the spine for a good movie to develop upon.

The OT's story is actually quite common. Save the princess, fight an opressive ruling regime.

What made Star Wars was the characters, the conflicting personalities that worked great together. The special effects served the story instead of being the story.

Also, John Williams' score is MUCH better in the OT than in the PT and music was extremely influencial in the success of the OT.

Yeah I know they couldn't of done with yoda what they did unless he was CGI, it would be impossible with a puppet. On another note saying that it looked to Disney dosn't really work seeing as Disney bought the technolgy for pixar from Lucas back in the early 90s.

Edited by Nero

The force helps me poop better, and use lightsabers to cut my food that then turns into poop.

Guest The Architect
The OT's story is actually quite common. Save the princess, fight an opressive ruling regime.

What made Star Wars was the characters, the conflicting personalities that worked great together. The special effects served the story instead of being the story.

Also, John Williams' score is MUCH better in the OT than in the PT and music was extremely influencial in the success of the OT.

Precisely.

KotOR's are best SW stuff avalaible after ESB :)

The KotOR's are the best stuff available after the OT. :) But I'm pretty sure you've mentioned before that the OT basically beats everything else in Star Wars. Meh, oh well. :D We agree that the OT and the KotOR games are great anyway, so it's all good. :bat:

The PT could have been better. Like you've said, the visual effects could have been much better and the dialogue was crap. Very crap.

Lucas shouldn't have directed the PT movies. Like the OT, he should have let a proper director direct the movies, because he's a crap director. He had a great cast, but he didn't let the actors do their own thing and work their magic. He was too picky, too fussy, and even the best actors would struggle to convince with corny dialogue like that.

I mean, just as one of the many examples, who the f*ck would say this crap?

Anakin: You are so... beautiful.

Padme: It's only because I'm so in love.

Anakin: No, it's because I'm so in love with you.

:x

Hayden Christensen is a good actor, but he was miscast as Anakin. I personally would have got this guy: http://imdb.com/name/nm0001570/ to play as Anakin.

If the CGI wasn't overused, if the dialogue wasn't so crap and the actors were given more freedom, if their was more Mace Windu and Count Dooku, if their wasn't any silly, over elaborate lightsaber duels, but instead more, cautious, focused, defensive lightsaber duels like in the OT, if their was no Jar Jar Binks, if Anakin was older in TPM and if Darth Maul didn't die in TPM, then the PT may have been pretty good.

Edited by The Architect

The problem with the actors in the PT is that they weren't given anything at all.

The main job of a director is directing the actors. The term "Director" comes from this. All Lucas did in the PT was oversee the special effects, the CGI, the models. You can see all this in the truly excellent extras on the Phantom Menace DVD#2.

Lucas even says that "we hired good actors and we let them do what they do best. I'm not worried" or something so very similar.

If Lucas would've put as much effort in the direction and depth of his characters(who are full of potential, even Jar Jar) as he did for his little toys, the PT would've been fantastic.

But in the end, the PT is a six hour toy commercial, nothing more.

Oh and by the way, George Lucas wrote, produced and directed A New Hope.

Edited by astr0creep

ep 1 was complete ****, ep 2 was still dissapointing, 3 was much better, but I still prefer the original; ESB FTW!

plzdieplz dont ever bag episode 1 or chu die. kthx </3

Revenage of the Sith is the best of the PT.

Misquoted, corrected, and used it against you.

you still spelt Revenge wrong.

Oh... ZING!

Mmkay serious time.

OT FTW, I believe that Episode 4 was a real classic, like them olden day movies that you can never refilm or remake whatever because its just so good, its like the best introduction for the movie (despite George Lucas' counting problem) You see it provides lots of mystery about the "Clone Wars" as Obi-wan states, and it has a lot of thing which are unknown to us, it just paves the way for a good series, although PT was screwed up which broke the chain. Got some real good stuff for its time and still real good.

Episode 5 was alright, just a follow on, and Episode 6 was all of that just finished up with a few added special new effects.

PT sucked but started off with Episode 1 which was really good, I think Lucas did well with that beginning, and then Episode 2 was a real waste of time and a balls-up. Like what the hell? 3 hours of crap basically, it missed out on so much and like Ive said so much crap was put into it, politics this, palpatine that, Anakin this, Geonosis that. Finally episode 3 just showed how much of a Hollywood fat-cat that George Lucas had become, he just spammed it with special effects, and all that I was seeing on TV the reviews about how good the special effects where and thats it.

Swish, <3

Oh and can you stop using them blasted new smilies? They are excessively annyoing, like this one > :mellow: that monobrow is so irritating its its crazy dance, what the HELL is that.

Hayden Christensen is a good actor, but he was miscast as Anakin. I personally would have got this guy: http://imdb.com/name/nm0001570/ to play as Anakin.

Yeah, but how cool wouldnt it be to have THIS GUY as Anakin? ^_^ Just think on it...

"It's da Jedi that'z eviiul!" "I haaaete ya'!"

Damn i'm tired. :lol:

Edited by Accept

But Edward Norton has a brain, so it's kind of hard to sell the prequels script to the guy.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Yeah, but how cool wouldnt it be to have THIS GUY as Anakin? ^_^ Just think on it...

"It's da Jedi that'z eviiul!" "I haaaete ya'!"

"ILL BE BACK... WITH MY LIGHTSABER, UND MEIN PLAZMAH RIFLE"

Arnie... seriously, his muscles are so big that he doesn't actually have

full range of movement in his elbows, so him, with a lightsaber. Don't

make me laugh... Although seeing him dissected alive by maul or dooku

would have been cool (and he's far too old to play anakin anyway.)

Edward Norton - now I think he is a very good actor, who has made good

films (watch american history X and you'll see how good he can be.) but

really he is also too old to play anakin.

I don't mind hayden christennsen (or however you spell his name) but really

he just comes across as a whiney baby as anakin.

I have no other suggestions though so I'll leave it at that

Laterz...

KILL JAR JAR BINKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!