How would you rate the NWN2 OC?

roshan

Rate the NWN2 OC - see post for details  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the NWN2 OC - see post for details

I voted 8 too. It was solid and good, but too linear and some forced character situations made too little sense.

Fallout 2 and PS:T 9

Fallout 1, BG 2, V:BL 8

Kotor 2 over 7ish

NWN and Lionheart under 7 over 6

NWN HotU 7

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

The BG series used your current terrain to determine which map to display in a random encounter, so you got mountains if you were in a mountainous region, forest if in or near a forest, city if you were in a city, etc. The encounters themselves are largely script-driven, and I agree they tend to lack true randomness, though this can easily be changed with user-contributed editors such as DLTCEP, Near Infinity, and even WeiDU. Plus if you write mods you'll collect a bunch of drooling fans who don't realize that modding is rather easy. (I've been doing it since 1983.) The folks who write tools get slightly more respect from me, though their inexperience shows somewhat.

And yet many people feel it was fun.

And "that" is how you measure a game. :)

So we can safely disregard your stance on a game you don't like if we just tell you that many people found it to be fun? Regardless if we have any knowledge of just how many people is "many people"?

i'm going to go in with an 8 or so... some things are really great and others not so great. either way, i've had a lot of fun with this game. my primary gripe, btw, is the party AI. it is rather frustrating in a battle to select a character and suddenly everyone is rushing to his side. why o why a 15th level druid would morph into a badger mid-fight is another puzzle. i'd rather not be forced into puppet mode, though i think the next run through (with a weapon master wanna be) will be done this way.

i'd put the BGs at 9+. i have, between the two, probably 2000+ hours invested in them, btw. i never could get past the first few scenes in either fallout or planescape to rate them. toee was mostly a disappointment, another unfinished game for me, with a score of maybe 4 or 5, with the overall engine and slick graphics (for a crpg) being the primary reasons i rate it that high. arcanum was drivel as well, unfinished too. nwn OC was... yawn... unfinished #5. sotu was dreck, unfinished #6. hotu was pretty good and i've replayed it a few times earning a 7+. i've had fun with several nwn mods, too.

though not really crpgs in the same sense as the above, the tales of the unknown series (aka bard's tales) was and is my all-time favorite. not really that the games were great, but because they a) were my introduction to computer games and b) an opportunity for my brothers and i to sit up nights playing till our eyes bled. i'll never forget those days.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

Well, there is no such thing as the perfect game. Fallout 1 comes close but still not perfect.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Humans can't create anything called as "perfect". They may get close to it but that's it.

I'll answer when I finally finish the game. No time for playing lately

Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Was seriously disappointed by the game, game engine issues aside, the game did start well but started losing its appeal quite soon. When I finished it, I actually thought that NWN1 OC was better then this.

It felt like playing a japanese "RPG", monorail storyline, with you going along for the ride. The mandatory party member switching for quests gave me bad memories of playing a Final fantasy game, ugh.

I thought the multitude of suggestions and feedback from the older D&D games would make Obsidian give us a lot more choices in the game. I'm sure a game from 2006 can surpass the dialogue options we had in say BG2, but sadly no. a) me help you b) giev monay!1 c) roar i'm a insane psychopath dieee, arent my ideas of a good dialogue options nowadays.

And since when is having a opinion of your own a bad idea? Must I kiss my henchmen a** to make them talk?

The villians were pretty weak and uninspiring, I'd take one of those cheesy bad guys from a Drizzt novel anyday over the bland KoS. Actually, the good guys were even worse off. Please give me the option to put Nasher out of his misery.

I'd rate it a 5, with say NWN1 OC having a 6.5ish score, and HOTU a 8 (even with the +60 destroyer of worlds munchkin weapons) for comparison.