Setzer

Umm.. Elekra Assassin, Sin City, 300, Dark Night Returns. These are classics.

So what if he dropped the ball on other projects. I don't need an artist to be perfect in everything he does to enjoy his work. I don't care if it's mysogenistic drivel in strictly literary terms either as long as it makes a good comic.

Asking Miller to steer clear of clishes about the 'lower rungs' of society is like asking Bogart to get in touch with his inner child.

Edited by Gorgon

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

If they want to make a movie about Thermopylae, I'd prefer that they would focus more on real history than a comic book. However, if the comic's influences are primarily artistic ones and don't intrude on what actually happened, this could give 300 a unique feel that seperates it from other recent Greek movies like Troy.

Can anyone who has read the comic tell us a little more about it?

"Who could blame Skynet? He's such a cute, innocent, steel-bolted robot."

-Gauntlet

Well, if armored rhinos, giant Persians, sith-looking Asabara(immortals) the lack of body armor with Spartans(they wore lacquered armor then) and generally the ahistoricality or anachronism of armies' equipment, dresses and such, don't bother you, then I guess this is about as historical as you can get. At least according to the historians then. Their views, bias and such can of course be disputed.

You folks should have seen the TW realism community boards when the first trailers got out. It was hell.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Hahaha, I can imagine.

I love how they bitch and moan about the historical innaccuracies of Medieval II, but...hello people, their haven't really had much going for historical accuracies up until this point, what makes you think 4th time is a charm??

I love how they bitch about the Sherwood archers - they were already in Medieval 1

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Recently? Recently?  Batman: Year One came out in 1986/87, which was before you were even born!  Further, it was a reboot of the Batman mythos following Crisis on Infinite Earths and was in the same vein as Man of Steel.

Holy Terror has Bats going after Al Qaeda agents, not bin Laden.  Miller's stressed that point several times.

DK:SA was crap, I'll agree with that.

There isn't a bloody thing wrong with being a patriot.

Note: If your going to try and insult me, get your facts strait genius.

Correction: I did get one thing wrong. Batman Year One ran in Batman 404-407, released in '87 (though the story was written in '86). That makes you one year older than the story in question.

Yes it was a reboot but it was a horrible reboot. You don't have a high class jewel theif turning tricks for 20 bucks on the street because you want to be grungy.

Actually, you never see Selena turn tricks in Year One, though Holly obviously is. It is implied that Selena was selling her services as an S/M mistress, though sex need not be involved in that. Regardless, this didn't break the character, and various Catwoman writers have established since then that she did this while laying low from a job gone bad.

As for holy Terror, you don't send a fake character after a real thing for the same reason you don't send superman in to capture hitler. It wouldn't work because it'd feel all wrong.

Never said that it was right or wrong, just pointed out that Miller isn't having Batman go after bin Laden, but Al Qaeda operatives.

Except that Superman in Frankies comics, is a complete wuss who is used by the government. Admittedly he's an earth bound GOD who's used by the government, but usually miller treats Superman like the worlds best punching bag and makes Superman into the bad guy.

is kinda funny. frank miller is 'posedley doing this patriotic tool doing red, white and blue fluff, but simultaneous we gots complaints that superman, the guy fighting for "truth, justice and the American way," is a complete wuss whenever miller gets a chance to write him into a comic.

possibly you gets a thought right 'bout now? maybe even an epiphany?

If they want to make a movie about Thermopylae, I'd prefer that they would focus more on real history than a comic book. 

they ain't making a movie 'bout thermopylae. they is making a movie adaptation of a frank miller graphic novel.

HA! Good Fun!

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Meh, I actually agree with ramza on this one. I'd prefer it to be more of Gladiator style, rather than comic book style.

My words.

I'm not interested at all. Terrible CGI (yeah yeah, it's "style". Well then I hate that style. Reminds me too much about PT) and seems to be boring in other ways too. Gates of Fire is only Thermopylae centered piece of fiction I need thankyouverymuch.

boring....another empty movie about courage, honor and sacrifice from an American perspective.....sick of those lousy movies....

I would love to see a WW2 themed movie from a japanese or german perspective

For german perspectice: Ironcross

For japanese perspective: Tora Tora (best Pearl Harbor movie ever)

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Xard speaks the truth!

Also, Stalingrad is a pretty good movie about the misery of the German troops (and soviet) on the eastern front.

Edited by Lucius

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

Xard speaks the truth!

Also, Stalingrad is a pretty good movie about the misery of the German troops (and soviet) on the eastern front.

And yet the movie enemy at the gates is a classic example of over exaggerating Hollywood made rubbish.

What's your point? He was talking about the movie Stalingrad, not Enemy at the Gates.

Don't you two try and change the subject! Hilde is right!

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

• 2 months later...

I pondered making a new thread but decided necroposting is more fun.

One more sleep and barring a sell out tomorrow should be the lucky day. Go go CGI monsters!

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Hopefully the real life man/boy love will get downplayed in this movie

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Hopefully the real life man/boy love will get downplayed in this movie

Considering the only reference to it in the comic was using it as a verbal insult "boy lover", I don't think we'll be seeing anything.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

So the director of this is also doing the movie adaption of Watchmen, and the uncensored trailer that was shown at Comic Con last year got leaked to the internet. And smack dab in the middle of the trailer is this:

http://www.chud.com/index.php?type=news&id=9241

Yes, that is Rorschach.

Also, 300 seems to be getting generally positive reviews. CHUD's review actually said he was almost disappointed that there was so much story and character development and the film wasn't just all sorts of cool CG enhanced battles and one liners. Almost.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

"For freedom"?

What is this, Braveheart 3?

The Spartans were notorious for not only keeping slaves, but keeping them in horrendous conditions. Young male Spartans would go out into the countryside and hunt slaves for sport. Indeed, so bad were the conditions that the countryside was almost always wracked with slave revolts. I am certainly getting sick, as others are, or this pre-chewed nitwit fodder.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I just saw this at the IMAX theatre in the Metreon, San Francisco.

I bet that looked really good ... wonder if it'll play at the Imax down here. :D

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts