I need help on a paper

kumquatq3

My experience of Multi-nationals in London is that the corporate culture is pretty homogeneous across whatever countries (typically more than 100) their markets take them: their requirements are profit, so they'll use whatever works.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

All I can see that I might need right now is just a bit more traditions/culture (especially if they can tie into business). I don't need depth, just a name and brief idea behind it, and I can research it myself. Thanks again!

That one is a bit tricky, because people don't always notice their own idiosyncracies and then have to describe themselves using hearsay and other peoples observations. And people are sometimes a bit selective about what they like to hear about themselves...

http://www.kwintessential.co.uk/etiquette/...ss-denmark.html

Funny thing about the punctuality. I remember driving my colleagues mad in New Zealand, because they had a completely different attitude towards such things (Wel'll get there in due time, no worries) ;)

Dress code is another thing, only executives and other who work in some formal representative capacity are expected to "dress up". Otherwise casual clothes are the order of the day.

The personal space thing is something I didn't realise until moving abroad. Danes can be a bit on the reserved side when they don't know you I guess. Might apply less in metropolitan areas like Copenhagen though.

Also check out the entry for Denmark on this site:

http://www.eurograduate.com/marketreports/...Culture+Matters

The latter is probably the best one I've seen in a long while regarding danish business culture :p

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Thanks for the links, very excellent!

The only question I can't find that I have left floating around is if "Six Sigma" and/or "ISO 9000" are taught/used in Denmark. If anyone has any ideas, let me know.

Again, thanks for your help. 9 out of 15 pages done.

Thanks for the links, very excellent!

The only question I can't find that I have left floating around is if "Six Sigma" and/or "ISO 9000" are taught/used in Denmark.  If anyone has any ideas, let me know.

Again, thanks for your help. 9 out of 15 pages done.

No idea who or what Six Sigma is, but the last company I worked for in Denmark was ISO9000 certified. A company called BVQI (http://certification.bureauveritas.com/hom...e_frameset.html) did the audits on adherence to the documented procedures and standards.

Edited by Gorth

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein