Han shot first!

Diogo Ribeiro

They just released DVDs of the movies the way they originally were in theatres. you can find them.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Been there, checked them out in a local retail store...

(i'm too lazy to retype my impressions)

http://www.winterwind-productions.com/foru...opic.php?t=4417

:blink:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Wait, so you're mad that the DVDs that were supposed to be crappy were crappy?

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

If they want to sell me crappy dvds they could at least have done it with out the remastered and edited drivel that he (Lucas) is pushing like a bible sales man :blink:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Gorth, I'm not sure what's wrong with the DVD versions? I bought them and they seem ok to me. Are these things you don't like about them something about the originals that was left out, or about new tech not applied that you think should've been?

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Gorth, I'm not sure what's wrong with the DVD versions? I bought them and they seem ok to me. Are these things you don't like about them something about the originals that was left out, or about new tech not applied that you think should've been?

4:3 non-anamorphic widescreen means loss of detail and resolution. Not that the original master tapes might be in pristine shape 29 years after, but why even bother putting them on DVD then, if you are going to "shrink" the widescreen format down until it fits in a 4:3 frame? :thumbsup:

As for the sound, I'm pretty sure a campaigner for better sound in cinemas like Lucas and his THX could do better than stereo...

The mutilated/crippled/re-edited versions which covers up the murder of Greedo in true cold war Soviet style is of course in excellent condition.

It's like he really *wants* to put the originals in a bad light just to spite the people who prefer the cinematic versions.

I'll have to look again, but I'm pretty sure the films had the black letterboxing bars - don't know if that means it was just stretched out or not. Maybe I'm remembering wrong tho...I'll check.

Edit: NVM?...guess it was stretched out letterboxing? Didn't look stretched...but I don't have a great new-tech TV or anything.

Reedit: It does look a lot worse on the computer than on our TV - much more grainy, mostly. :D But that kind of makes me feel like I'm seeing it in the large yet cruddy - compared to today - theaters of the late 70's...

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I never got them when they were new. Saw them in the cinema, but didn't get around to buy them until they got released as the "edited" versions on VHS. I was disappointed enough to give them away my little nephew. Being 4 years old, he didn't care about their background and just found Vader awesome :lol:

Weren't the theatrical versions released on laser disc ?

No, and, you're being ridics.

I had the original theatrical edition of Star Wars on VHS, and it was in letterbox format.

I believe he put the THX remastered ones on DVD. The ones he released on VHS in the 90s. And thats all he did. Directly from VHS to DVD with no cleanup or anything.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

and in five years we'll have a special 10 DvD set.. with never seen before content and additional scenes for the latest films with "NEW" commentaries from someone else we don't care about.. it's a never ending cycle..

Fortune favors the bald.

and in five years we'll have a special 10 DvD set.. with never seen before content and additional scenes for the latest films with "NEW" commentaries from someone else we don't care about.. it's a never ending cycle..

Well obviously, there are new formats to sell.

Also next year is the 30th anniversary of the release of Star Wars so I'm sure that will serve as an excuse to re-release more crap that the so called jaded fans will buy and then complain about on the internet.

I had the original theatrical edition of Star Wars on VHS, and it was in letterbox format.

I believe he put the THX remastered ones on DVD. The ones he released on VHS in the 90s. And thats all he did. Directly from VHS to DVD with no cleanup or anything.

This was in the early eighties: about '83 at the latest.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT