Firefly MMORPG

astr0creep

I'm pretty sure they will just be making a Gunsforhire/mercenary/space pirate game and only stick the Firefly brand on it to attract more consumers.

I don' t think they can knock WoW off it's pedestal either but it doesn't really matter. More and more publishers rely on the first weeks of sales to make their money, like with movies, so a decent hype campaign with a known brand name will sell the product to the producer's content.

A game being good, in that type of market, is irrelevant.

Imo. :o

Edited by astr0creep

Firefly was lame, it was slightly more evovled than Buffy or Angel but you could still see where it was comming from. Cowboys in space? Mmm...  It also had a really atrocious theme.

You're just disappointed that it isn't Prog Rock. :o

The setting is more resonant for a US audience: the "Wild West" or Frontier environment allows for a lot of familiar archetypes (quickgun, prodigal preacher, etc etc).

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

The setting is more resonant for a US audience: the "Wild West" or Frontier environment allows for a lot of familiar archetypes (quickgun, prodigal preacher, etc etc).

That makes a lot of sense. I love the Western frontier style, but I also grew up in the West and visited numerous towns as a child that had the frontier feel. It's always been of interest to me. I even dig the intro. song. It's got a folksy feel to it that makes me picture the open plains and rolling hills of the Western United States.

Yeah, the war will just be the background upon which the rich tapestry of the individual stories are drawn. :)

Besides, Mel was one of many who started smuggling after the war, but there would have been plenty during, as well.

It better be pre.  He could use the VO work.

he was Sonny in I, Robot

I picked his voice first, then checked it. I am *so* proud.

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I saw Ice Age 2 on the plane (couldn't watch anything with drama and dialogue: no noise-cutting earphones) and it wasn't that bad. Arrested Development was much better, though. (Mr Tudyk isn't in Arrested Development, though: that was just on the Virgin Atlantic flight as well.)

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

There is

http://www.stargateworlds.com/ for anyone that is interested. I personally think it's a great setting for a MMORPG and if I were into that genre I'd probably be checking it out. But alas, I'm not.

It's a bit funny that they announce SGW and then cancel SG-1 (although it was Sci Fi who cancelled the show, not MGM who owns the franchise)

What a waste.

They take a legitimately awseome setting of the Stargate universe and then decide to MMOGIMP it.

Now a SG cRPG could have been totally sweet. You build up and SG team to go on offworld adventures; steal alien loot; blow up Goaolds, Replicators and Priors; and of course save the damsel in distress.

Ah well, there's always Mass Effect.

manthing2.jpg

I think it would be great if it started before the war. then peopel would be forced to take sides.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Does this mean I finally have to watch the Ice Age series?  Tell me his role is small.

His role is small. :*

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts