NWN2: Patches

Riftworm

...dunno why peoples still bother ta reason wit' Driftwood; like diggin' up a 6-month-old corpse an' startin' CPR...the lad hates NWN2 cuz it ain't the original NWN...so he spams 'til he gits banned; hells, then e'eryone wins then...let 'em 'ave his hissy fit 'til then... :sorcerer:

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

...dunno why peoples still bother ta reason wit' Driftwood; like diggin' up a 6-month-old corpse an' startin' CPR...the lad hates NWN2 cuz it ain't the original NWN...so he spams 'til he gits banned; hells, then e'eryone wins then...let 'em 'ave his hissy fit 'til then... :sorcerer:

This is so far removed from any thread relevancy or personal accuracy that all I can say is : :crazy:

Edited by Riftworm

But Riftworm, I still haven't heard you saying anything good about NWN2. And you keep making these topics where you want only bash NWN2, then you get banned from Bio forums and after that you start this topic. You really expect we won't think like this is just another topic where you try to prove how superior NWN1 is?

My first thought was "Great, now he's trying to prove NWN1 being more succesful than second one since they're going to "stop supporting the game"."

Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

:lol:

This is the reason why I bother with Riftworm, Sargy. He

Edited by Sargallath Abraxium

as Gromnir warned already in the now defunct thread, rift's clearly hyperbolic and outrageous claims made it so nobody would take him/her serious. now even if rift were to makes a valid contribution it is gonna get dismissed... or at least it is less likely to gets serious consideration.

"Hi. I'm Riftworm, a nwn fanatic who likes to imagine strengths into the first nwn game, and faults into the second. I was expecting more from nwn2, much more. Obsidian failed to meet my expectations and because of that I will hound and harry them as best I can.

"However, please keep in mind that even the most bitter, obtuse and irrational poster on a message board can, against all odd, make a valid point, so please do not dismiss me out of hand.

"Thank you."

okie dokie.

rift has to do some serious damage control if he wants peoples to take him serious... whether rift thinks that is fair or not. is just the way it is chum.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

as Gromnir warned already in the now defunct thread, rift's clearly hyperbolic and outrageous claims made it so nobody would take him/her serious.  now even if rift were to makes a valid contribution it is gonna get dismissed... or at least it is less likely to gets serious consideration. 

"Hi.  I'm Riftworm, a nwn fanatic who likes to imagine strengths into the first nwn game, and faults into the second.  I was expecting more from nwn2, much more.  Obsidian failed to meet my expectations and because of that I will hound and harry them as best I can.

"However, please keep in mind that even the most bitter, obtuse and irrational poster on a message board can, against all odd, make a valid point, so please do not dismiss me out of hand.

"Thank you."

okie dokie.

rift has to do some serious damage control if he wants peoples to take him serious... whether rift thinks that is fair or not.  is just the way it is chum.

HA! Good Fun!

Your biased, vitriolic, accusational, non objective and offensive descriptions aside, those quotes aren't mine but here's one you can use directly from me ->

"Here are some fair and reasonable questions I'd like to ask and discuss as blue and others seem to be doing, and If you can't maturely discuss the content you are presented with, without digressing to unrelated threads from the past, and find yourself regressing into some personal debate about me, perhaps you'd be better off not participating in this thread until you feel you can."

EDIT: Gromnir - I'm not looking for a fanclub, and could care less about those that think I need to apologize for my perspective on NWN2.

Edited by Riftworm

"Here are some fair and reasonable questions I'd like to ask and discuss as blue and others seem to be doing, and If you can't maturely discuss the content you are presented with, without digressing to unrelated threads form the past, and find yourself regressing into some personal debate about me, perhaps you'd be better off not participating in this thread until you feel you can."

...hence the problem right 'ere...ya asks other peoples ta be rational, yet ye dunna e'en try yerself...ya asks peoples not ta bring up past posts/quotes/threads, yet ye does it yerself...provokin' folks an' then cryin' foul when peoples poke back, in whiche'er ways theys decides ta, ain't a great way ta rally troops behind yer banner, lad...makes ya fight a losin' battle 'afore it e'en begins...e'en more's the pity be that Grommy be right on the nose; ya brings up anythin' o' merit an' it gits washed away simply from bein' posted by yerself...ya carved yer name in the stone 'ere already, far too late ta try an' do it again... :lol:"

Yet blue, angshuman, and Crashgirl all seem to be discussing the topic fine before you and kirottu started yet again derailing the thread topic, and before Gromnir hopped on the bandwagon to start including personal discussion.

What War? What army? What on earth are you talking about? This thread topic is a question about Atari support for the franchise. Nothing else. I'm sorry you got all bent out of shape and couldn;t control your emotions that someone else didn't like the state of NWN2 in another thread. Is that what you wanted to hear? Are you done with the irrelevance now?

Edited by Riftworm

The Bioboards are the "official" NWN2 forums according to Atari. That would be the proper place to address grievances with Atari and much more so if you expected some kind of official/semi official reply.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

"those quotes aren't mine"

*chuckle*

well duh. did anybody think that those were quotes from rift?

nevertheless, our point, which seemed to have gone right over your head, is that your previous threads and posts has identified you as a rabid nwn fanatic who gots little interest in reasonable debate. so, whether you think that it is fair or not, few people in this place is gonna read a post pf yours 'bout nwn2 w/o attributing motives.

you made a bit of an arse of self with the ridiculous 50 thread (really, we never did see you give more than token support for more than 5 of those 50, and you waffled and did 180s on a few others,) and now you act the victim 'cause nobody takes you serious?

shoulda' stuck w/5 or 'least admit that you were being hyperbolic for effect, but each post entrebched your rep as an irrational fanatic ever deeper into the average board poster's psyche.

personally, Gromnir will consider each of your posts case by case, but we thinks it is foolish to act the victim here when you clearly brought this on yourself.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Clearly brought what on myself? Your inability to discuss this topic and refrain from digression to an unrelated post? I told you what you can run along and do if you can't handle the topic at hand. Thre is nothing "fanatical" about this thread, it seems you want there to be really bad though.

A few people, myself included, tried to start a "patch-thread" like the one over at Bio-boards, and they were locked. Now *this* will be the OE-fora patch-thread? 3 pages of bitching, whining and one-liners? What's wrong with the mods over here? How about locking this thread, and let someone start a real patch-thread. And if someone fills it with OT-posts, delete them?

Jeez.. how hard can it be?

J.

The Bioboards are the "official" NWN2 forums according to Atari. That would be the proper place to address grievances with Atari and much more so if you expected some kind of official/semi official reply.

He can't. I believe he got himself banned from there.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

A few people, myself included, tried to start a "patch-thread" like the one over at Bio-boards, and they were locked. Now *this* will be the OE-fora patch-thread? 3 pages of bitching, whining and one-liners? What's wrong with the mods over here? How about locking this thread, and let someone start a real patch-thread. And if someone fills it with OT-posts, delete them?

Jeez.. how hard can it be?

J.

The thing is there is already two patch threads in the stickies. One dealing withthe recent release and the other discussing the next patch. Issues with the patches and the patching system is to discussed in those threads as well. There is no need to start new threads on patches.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

you asked why. you asked to be told what were wrong with your thread. you questioned why your querry were deemed meritless. Gromnir gave you your answer... you made topical.

oh, and we not claim that you is acting the rabid, foamy, fanatic in This thread. (still kinda slow, eh?) am explaining why most folks refuse to take you serious w/o ascribing motives you may not wish to be burdened with.

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir

you asked why.  you asked to be told what were wrong with your thread.  you questioned why your querry were deemed meritless.  Gromnir gave you your answer... you made topical.

oh, and we not claim that you is acting the rabid, foamy, fanatic in This thread.  (still kinda slow, eh?)  am explaining why most folks refuse to take you serious w/o ascribing motives you may not wish to be burdened with.

HA!  Good Fun!

Don't speak for "most folks", because you can't. Speak for yourself, let the other two in your band of Riftworm -thread detractors speak for themselves.

I earlier stated I care less if the anti-Riftworm 3 man coalition do or don't take me seriously, I pointed out you could run along if you weren't goint to stay on topic. Junai has a point.

Let patch support and Atari be the topic, not me. this thread is about patch support, not your bias towards me, and inability to keep pertinent.

Edited by Riftworm

you asked why.  you asked to be told what were wrong with your thread.  you questioned why your querry were deemed meritless.  Gromnir gave you your answer... you made topical.

oh, and we not claim that you is acting the rabid, foamy, fanatic in This thread.  (still kinda slow, eh?)  am explaining why most folks refuse to take you serious w/o ascribing motives you may not wish to be burdened with.

HA!  Good Fun!

Don't speak for "most folks", because you can't. Speak for yourself, let the other two in your band of Riftworm -thread detractors speak for themselves.

I earlier stated I care less if the anti-Riftworm 3 man coalition do or don't take me seriously, I pointed out you could run along if you weren't goint to stay on topic. Junai has a point.

Let patch support and Atari be the topic, not me. this thread is about patch support, not your bias towards me, and inability to keep pertinent.

woe is rift, eh? you ask a question. we gave an answer... or if it makes you feel better, we came up with a hypothesis. am not speaking for everybody so much as giving you a reasonable reason for people not taking you serious.

and again, we got no real bias 'gainst you. as we said 'bove, we will (and do) judge each of your posts on their own merits.

nevertheless, your thread is somewhat pointless. nwn sold well and atari wanted to keep franchise going... so they creates multiple expansions and continue support for years. if nwnw2 game does well 'nuff insofar as sales is concerned to merit future support, it will get future support. is not complicated. if game tanks, then atari will cut loses and wash hands of nwn2 as quick as possible, as there is no legit business reason to throw good money after bad.

HA! Good Fun!