What inspired your Username?

Diego Varen

It's from a shorty story by, I think, Harlan Ellison. I can't remember the name of the story anymore, but it was magical realism and situated somewhere in England. The main character was a member of this gentlemen club, but used most of his time hunting phantasms, or fey. Musopticon, along with oneiroscope, was a machine, resembling an unholy union between a gramophone and an old-style telephone, to detect them.

As for why I chose it; it was Victorian like hell. And I was really desparate for a name that was both obscure enough to be unique, yet still be (almost)non-fantasy. Otherwise I would have started with some other recurring nick(I've used this, or variations of it, like Mousepants, :) on a dozen fora), which probably might have contained an apostrophe. The name is not terribly clever, but at least it's not Kil'Jaeden. The question mark comes from the wtf-factor that's always present.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Um. Let's see...

lone - adj. - 1. being alone; without company or accompaniment; solitary; unaccompanied: a lone traveler.

wolf%2008.jpg

Age at time of account's creation = 16

Thinking about changing it, to like...my xfire name or something.

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

I came up with Hurlshot when I was about 12. I was looking for a hockey sounding handle for my Wing Commander game. I initially went with "Winger" but a friend pointed out the Canadien 80's hair band that shared that name.

I thought about snapshot, but it sounded like a photograph. Slapshot was too generic, and wrist shot just didn't flow. Somehow I settled on Hurlshot...I don't know why. Technically, I suppose that means to throw the puck towards the net. Unfortunately after Wayne's World (which came 2nd!) it became an extremely popular term for puking.

I got this nickname after an... ah... incident that happened while I was in the military. It just stuck.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

My dad calls me this sometimes. It's related to PIDE, the Portuguese secret police in the dictatorship days.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Different spelling of the main characters name in the game Dark Earth.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

so we've got a commie and facist.. how.... nice.. :aiee:

Not a fascist, but a collaborator.

Heja Sverige!!

Thanks, I never got it before you posted the picture

Well yeah, I did it especially for you, bud. :aiee:

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

Too leet for you.

I think it took me over a year to get that one.

Heja Sverige!!

I still call him Numbers man.

Blank is a character from my favourite Final Fantasy game, FF9. He was a cool character, but the name is cool regardless, so I still like it. I had an avatar once here that was just a white square to make a pun of the name, but changed it when it was time to move on.

Edited by Blank

am seated in front of computer and ask self, "ok, so what would be a good name for a barbarian kinda character?" 5 seconds later we types "Gromnir" into account registration form for old Interplay message boards.

no more complicated or profound than that.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)