Favourite/Least Favourite Planet

In TSL (and KOTOR if you wish), what planet(s) did you like or dislike? This Thread was inspired by one of my first Threads in LF, during my newbie days. The link is here.

KOTOR

Favourite: Korriban - Whether I'm light side or dark side, I always enjoy this planet and there is a lot to do. One of the reasons why I always do this planet last, after the Leviathan.

Least Favourite: Manaan - I liked the fact it was a new planet, but the Selkath were one of the most annoying species in the game and I got sick of their neutrality. The Sith commited a crime and they still were neutral. I also didn't like working for the Republic, or doing anything else there. That is how much I hate it.

KOTOR II: TSL

Favourite: Nar Shaddaa - Despite it's glitches (I've finally seen them), it is great. There is a lot to do and it is in a way a turning point in the game, where you discover the threat that has been after you, since the beginning of the game.

Least Favourite: Korriban - This is also a tie with Dantooine, but at least Dantooine didn't let me down as much. Korriban had become a lot smaller since KOTOR and while the planet's emptiness made me feel something and the Secret Tomb was great, the rest of Korriban wasn't good. It was still better than Manaan in my opinion.

You don't have to do this next section, but I felt like it.

KOTOR Favourite Planets (Favourite to Least Favourite)

Korriban

Leviathan

Kashyyyk

Dantooine

Yavin IV (PC Exclusive)

Tatooine

Star Forge

Lehon (Star Forge World)

Endar Spire

Manaan

KOTOR II: TSL Favourite Planets (Favourite to Least Favourite)

Nar Shaddaa

Onderon

Dxun

Malachor V

Peragus

Prologue (Ebon Hawk)

Telos

Dantooine

Korriban

Overall (Favourite to Least Favourite)

Korriban

Nar Shaddaa

Onderon

Leviathan

Dxun

Kashyyyk

Dantooine

Yavin IV (PC Exclusive)

Tatooine

Malachor V

Star Forge

Lehon (Star Forge World)

Endar Spire

Peragus

Prologue (Ebon Hawk)

Telos

Dantooine [TSL]

Korriban [TSL]

Manaan

K1:

Most like: Manaan. You have a chance to be a CSI.

Dislike: Manaan. You encounter politics.

K2:

Like: Dxun. The sculptures of Freedon Nadd's tomb are cool.

Dislike: Nar Shaddaa. Exchange scums really annoys me, especially GOTO.

Edited by CSI: Nihilus

csicoruscantek4.jpgcsinarshaddaale5.jpg

| RP Fic: Knightfall | RP: Knightfall: The duel between Light and Dark |

Savoir, conqueror, hero, villian...You're all those things...--Emperor Skywalker to CSI, redeemed Darth Nihilus.

Actually, I hate politics in real life, too. I think I like Manaan because I can be a CSI. Other than that, I don't like it.

Savoir, conqueror, hero, villian...You're all those things...--Emperor Skywalker to CSI, redeemed Darth Nihilus.

Eh, oops. Sorry if I offended you. I know you've been worked real hard. No hard feelings I hope.

Eh, oops. Sorry if I offended you. I know you've been worked real hard. No hard feelings I hope.

Don't worry you haven't. I've worked hard on LF too. Anyway, let's keep on-topic and give other members a chance to post their favourite/least favourite planet.

Edit: Realised the little mistake I made in this post. I must be tired this morning.

Edited by Diego Varen

Don't worry you haven't. I've worked hard on LF too. Anyway, let's keep off-topic and give other members a chance to post their favourite/least favourite planet.

Right. You mean on topic.

KotoR1:

Fav: Star Forge Planet - it is SO BEAUTIFUL !!! - I also like Tatooine, Kashyyyk and Korriban.

Diz: Manaan - man these Selkath are ANNOYING AS HELL !

KotoR2:

Fav: Nar Shaddaa - only planet that really feels finished.

Diz: Korriban - thats a really bad joke. Dantooine is far too short as well.

Overall I have to say that the KotoR1 planets are a lot better. Manaan is annoying, but at least it is not at all TOO SHORT.

P.s.: Politics ? :- I don't mind politics in games as long as its not an invading form of ideology. Like you would be forced to believe that rich people should become even richer to make everyone more prosperous (don't laugh, thats the political dogma here in germany, ALL and I mean: really ALL really powerful and influental politicans do it at the moment here, and since decades already now).

Edited by Gecon

First planet in K2 that is hard to get used to is Peragus. Having a blown-out planet was ok, except that story seemed more about trying to escape from location rather than exploring what was left of it. Planet that I like would be Dxun and perhaps Malachor. Just that second planet could have been darker and deeper if it had been followed through.

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

Kotor1:

Favourite: Kashyyyck - I like wookies :)

Dislike: Dantooine - It's seems too boring for me do the test for become a jedi or the other quests.

Kotor2:

Favourite: Dantooine - I can get the lightsaber more faster if i go there first.

Dislike: Nar Shadaa - I'm tired of those stupid exchange thugs.

KOTOR Favourite Planets (Favourite to Least Favourite)

Lehon

Korriban

Dantooine

Manaan

Telos

Kashykk however the hell you spell it

KOTOR II: TSL Favourite Planets (Favourite to Least Favourite)

Onderon

Dxun

Korriban

Malachor V

Dantooine

Nar Shardaa

Telos

Peragus

Overall (Favourite to Least Favourite)

Onderon

Lehon

Dxun

Korriban

Malachor V

Dantooine...so on and so on

I have to go with:

K1

Fav: Star Forge because the place is just so cool. :cool: And right behind it I have always liked Manaan, from the first time I saw it, I though the floating city looked cool - not the underwater part.

Dis: Taris, it stood between me and being a Jedi. :'( You only get 20 lvls and I was always like, @%&$ this, I want to be a Jedi so I would not level my char, but that made it a %$#@* to get thru - grrrr :angry:

K2

Fav: Onderon, I've had some good moments there. :shifty:"

Dis: Perogus, I think I dislike it the most just because I have done it so much, the whole thing is one long mundane trip, not many options <_<

KotOR:

Manaan Surface - looks great, plenty to do.

Tatooine - loads to explore, great nostalgia.

Taris - Loads of stuff to do.

Lehan - looks good, rancors :p

Star Forge - the fight of your life, unending battle.

Korriban - loads of places to explore and loads of quests

Kashykk - loads of walking with no rapid transit :(

Dantooine - a bit laggy, felt lacking in excitement.

Yavin Station - not much to do, useful though.

Manaan Submerged - sooooo sloooow, boring :'(

KotOR II, TSL:

Nar Shadaar - Loads to do, good sub-plots, involving side-quests. (w00t)

Dxun - good for exploring, good side quests, Freedon Nadd's tomb :D

Onderon - plenty to do, the (gauntlet) walkway, plenty of fights.

Ravager - loads of fighting, against many enemies.

Malachor Academy - similar to /\ but you are more powerful = easier.

Malachor Depths - only one type of enemy :lol:

Korriban - so little to do, no-one to converse with, other than the tomb :bat:

Dantooine - a bit laggy and restricted, pretty poor side quests.

Telos - fairly one dimensional, and you spend a long time unable to leave :'(

Peragus - entirely one dimensional, unable to leave, poor item availability :shifty:

Overall best level - Nar Shadaar

Overall worst level - Peragus

Another interesting planet is Nar Shaddaa. Found story of place being used for war refugees an alternative option, rather than having a Sith occupation of the planet. And there was also rescue quest in looking for Exile on G0T0's yacht. Trying to get attention of Exchange with either DS/LS way involved quite a few things that could be done. So was droid battle using T3 as solo character.

Deep from within...

朱宣澧

Overall, K1 has both my favourite and least favourite planet... ;)

My favourite place was Taris, the place had everything from urban areas to sewers, the blessings and the curses of humanoid civilisation. And it was the only time I got to play without getting a lightsaber forced down my throat. I'm still grumbling over the fact that I was later forced to switch class from my beloved rogue into a goddamn jedi.

My least favourite would be Manaan. Something about Selkaths, their language and the incredibly annoying "Grocery Store" type background music made me wince when replaying the game and I couldn't avoid Manaan anymore.

I guess that also covers my favouite for K1, as it is the same as the overall.

As for K2, my favourite would be Dxun/Onderon and the least favourite Malachor V. Dxun was everything Kashyyk wasn't, an interesting jungle word. Malachor V was... there. Added absolutely nothing except an hour of hack and slash to the game.

All the other planets are in there somewhere in between :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Droid planet might have been planet I would like. Am waiting to see if people working on it are making progress through it. Including any other items that can be found there that other planets in K2 may not always have accessible as random drops for character equipment or other miscellaneous items. And also for dialogue lines, like how it would relate to dialogue, if modified, when on other planets about M4-78 questions.

Edited by vaxen83

Deep from within...

朱宣澧

K1 favorite would have to be Korriban, just cause its the sith lord home planet :lol:

K2 favorite is a tie between Korriban (yes again but this time because of the cool cave visions senario) and Dantoonie b/c of that senario where you side with the town or wit hthe rebels.

IN CASE OF EMERGENCY: Break glass to get hammer, use hammer to get rock, rock beats scissors, scissors cuts the yarn, cat plays with the yarn, use cat for protection.

Don't really mind Manaan as favourite planet in KotOR, apart from listening to croacy voices of Selkath people. And considering that there was much to explore underground, except that planet was a bit dark beneath water surface.

Deep from within...

朱宣澧