• Bao-Dur
    • Handmaiden
    • Visas Marr
    • Disciple
    • HK-47
    • T3-M4
    • Mira
    • Mandalore

You missed one. GOTO. I bet nobody wants to be with him.

Eh, other than him, Kriea.

csicoruscantek4.jpgcsinarshaddaale5.jpg

| RP Fic: Knightfall | RP: Knightfall: The duel between Light and Dark |

Savoir, conqueror, hero, villian...You're all those things...--Emperor Skywalker to CSI, redeemed Darth Nihilus.

Would say G0T0 fits this category quite accurately. Probably another instance of how transplanting concept directly from SW: ANH can be awful.

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

Would say G0T0 fits this category quite accurately. Probably another instance of how transplanting concept directly from SW: ANH can be awful.

Eh? Only similarity I can think of between an IT-0 and G0-T0 is they have a similar appearance and are droids. Aside from that, the actual concepts are different: one's a somewhat advanced interrogation droid and the other is... Well, G0-T0. A droid with, among other things, the apparent ability to make all of you hate him.

Anyway, I found Disciple the worst. His Jedi class didn't fit with his previous class, he didn't have any unique abilities (and healing could be done by meditating with another party member), and he really didn't have much going for him character/plot-wise. He might have been better if he ever did anything with Holocrons, but alas...

Edited by elzaban

Did anyone where acctually use GO-TO once in their whole adventure? Not me, the only time I had GO-TO in my party was when I got out on a planet, and decided to level up my whole party members, and being the lightsider I was at the time, thought GO-TO might have needed for a strech, considering he like never moved :shifty:

Anyways, he is a real dodge droid, I never use droids in my party because they are no match for some Mandalorian muscle, and of course a trusty lightsaber. GO-TO really sucked when you tried to get something out of him as well, I dont know how it is possible to talk to him, and gain infulence to understand his secrets about the Exchange etc, and I dont want to know, not wasting my time on him :p

GOTO would be my choice, since I've never used him (Except once). But out of the ones on the list, I'd say Visas Marr, because I hate her whether I'm a male Exile or a female Exile and she is a terrible Force User and she was Nihilus' apprentice and anything to do with Nihilus is bad.

Disciple - if I ever have to hear "you have left me an opening" again I will

go (even more) insane (than I already am, lol)

I would have chosen G0-T0 however, as he is entirely useless, and just

plain annoying. I would rather they had had a female twilek, or a kel-dor,

or... (well anything other than that useless pile of scrap :thumbsup: )

Laterz...

(Edit for spelling mistake :'( )

Edited by Dam13n

Guest The Architect

GO-TO is the worst companion from a gameplay perspective. Disciple is the worst companion from a plot/character perspective.

GO-TO wouldn't have been one of my least favourite characters if he wasn't the one to join you on Nar Shaddaa. He had an interesting backstory and when he joins the party, he wrecks it. I mean, none of us had Davik Kang in KOTOR join the party.

@The Architect: I agree with your above post, but I don't mind Disciple as much as some people.

Edited by Diego Varen

Agreed, especially he works for Exchange.

I would've preferred GO-TO if he stayed with the Exchange and send HK-50s after you. For a party member as his replacement, have both the Handmaiden and the Disciple, since Handmaiden makes returning to find Atris makes more sense and the Disciple can give you knowledge about the Sith threat, etc.

Never played Female. Don't know why people hate Disciple over Goto. Besides don't care.

csicoruscantek4.jpgcsinarshaddaale5.jpg

| RP Fic: Knightfall | RP: Knightfall: The duel between Light and Dark |

Savoir, conqueror, hero, villian...You're all those things...--Emperor Skywalker to CSI, redeemed Darth Nihilus.

Never played Female. Don't know why people hate Disciple over Goto. Besides don't care.

CSI, you should try playing a female Exile (After all it is canon). I did after the many posts at LF and I'm glad I did do a female Exile game. Her relationship with Atton is more interesting that a male Exile's relationship with Brianna and that Visas (Shudders) and also Mira. The only annoying thing about a female Exile (Not Mical the Disciple) is the fact that the fight against Atris near the end of the game is worse, since Brianna isn't there and I find that part more interesting with Brianna getting attacked by Atris.

Man, you guys need to play more Stealth games. G0-T0 rocks. Not as much as some others, but he's not nearly as bad as people make him out to be. If you want a straight killing machine, he certainly isn't as effective as HK-47, although he does have that person combat enhancement thing. And his roll can certainly encroach on T3-M4's territory, but T3's best for when you need someone who can do skills and can hopefully survive a flat out fight (what with his personal Regeneration, Infinite Shield and Shock Arm.)

But that's not to say G0-T0 can't survive in those situations, it's just that he doesn't need to. He's the stealth droid. Going invisible, floating over mines, distracting or taking control of any droids that come his way. Now, granted, with the ease of play in KOTOR II, that might not be so important, but if you've got mods on the game to make it moderately harder, stealthing around to do things is a perfectly valid strategy.

On top of all that, he's got his winning personality. HK might have that cynical dark humour going for him, but G0-T0's got that level of contempt and ruthlessness that comes from a proper upperclassman having to associate with the lessers. Makes for some fun conversation once he realizes that the lowly Exile has figured out what he's up to. I don't know, I just think he gets a real bum rep around here. I've always found him to be entertaining, and with some level of use (a specific use, granted, but it's pretty much unique to him, especially if you don't have Mira for mine-evasion.)

If GOTO's name was on there, he would win hands down.

Another vote for Disciple has been cast.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester