STAR WARS: The best of PC

Jorian Drake

The last time Lucasarts had a "best of" it featured Yoda Stories, Dark Forces, X-wing, Tie-Fighter, and a Jedi Knight DFII Demo. It rocked.

**** yeah! That was freakin' awesome. I also remember back in the day that had a bundled package - in snazzy packaging no less - of Maniac Mansion, Day of the Tentacle, Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis, and the Secret of Monkey Island I think. It was totally sweet.

manthing2.jpg

These two should be on the list, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic and Star Wars Jedi Knight

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Where is Yoda Stories? :blink:

No Star Wars game in history has ever matched the pure genius that was Yoda Stories. Sporting a cuteness years before Lego Star Wars was even conceptualized, having sound effects unparallelled by even the new trilogy, and last but not least offering a gameplay that presented you with hours and hours of enormously varied and rewarding challenges. Never again have I experienced that same excitement as when I finally gained the green lightsaber, after finishing 5 of Yoda's mind-blowing missions. The combat with that fantastic weapon was even more fulfilling than it would ever be in the Jedi Knight series.

Ah Yoda Stories, how I miss thee.

Kotor is the only worthy one.  :blink:

Jedi Outcast isn't bad

Jedi Outcast was average

It was better than Academy.

On the list, I'd say they're all good games. RC was a great squad-based FPS in the universe, a personal favorite actually, KotOR is just awesome, EAW is all right (Didn't like the demo too much, though space battles did look interesting) Jedi Outcast was good and fun with high-flying (but seriously easy and simplistic) lightsaber combat, Battlefront is good for mindless killing (The sequel is better, but same basic feel), and SWG is entertaining until you realize it sucks (Took a couple months for me....I loved the theme too much to really think about the lack of real content).

All in all, a good list, though I agree, the title should be "Star Wars: The Best of Modern PC". Yoda Stories was teh pwn. (w00t)

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

Or a testament to Star Wars fanboyism.

Or perhaps a testament to the arguable fact that truly great multiplayer online melee combat has yet to be created. I have to buy DMoMM.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

You know people still play Jedi Knight Academy competatively online?

I find it fascinating that even today there are still people playing it, now that is a testament to game play.

People are also still playing the original Jedi Knight online, which is almost a decade old game. Jedi Academy was released 2004, right? If so, then it's success is a testament to nothing.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

It's too goddamned cramped, but a fun game.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds