FLORIDA 2006 SEC CHAMPIONS

Titosros

Top to bottom the SEC is the deepest conference in college football, but there are no elite teams, and the fact that Arkansas lost last week and was blown out by USC earlier will hurt them. Florida doesn't really belong in the National Title game.

Michigan 1 loss to Ohio St. > Florida 1 loss to Auburn

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

It was a great game last time, it probaly would be better this time. Michigan just shouldn't be penalized for losing to Ohio St. in Columbus. Michigan would be the only team left that wouldn't be "backing in" to the championship game.

In anycase, this year is somewhat a dissappointment with no Vince Young vs. Reggie Bush matchup to decide the National Championship. Troy Smith is a pretty good player, but he not much more then a poorman's Vince Young

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Even though my team, Tennessee is no where near the good title play offs, I will wish the best to Florida in who ever they play.

I have to favor the SEC team. :)

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

It was a great game last time, it probaly would be better this time. Michigan just shouldn't be penalized for losing to Ohio St. in Columbus. Michigan would be the only team left that wouldn't be "backing in" to the championship game.

In anycase, this year is somewhat a dissappointment with no Vince Young vs. Reggie Bush matchup to decide the National Championship. Troy Smith is a pretty good player, but he not much more then a poorman's Vince Young

The last game was not so great to me. Michigan never posed a threat and only toward the end scored a couple of garbage touchdowns to make it appear closer than it really was. It's hard to say if Bo's death made them play inspired football or effected them negatively.

Score by Quarters 1 2 3 4 Score

----------------- -- -- -- -- -----

Michigan............ 7 7 10 15 - 39

Ohio State.......... 7 21 7 7 - 42

As regards to last years championship game. That might have been the greatest football game I have ever seen, it will be very difficult to top that.

The last game was not so great to me. Michigan never posed a threat and only toward the end scored a couple of garbage touchdowns to make it appear closer than it really was. It's hard to say if Bo's death made them play inspired football or effected them negatively.

Score by Quarters    1  2  3  4  Score

-----------------    -- -- -- --  -----

Michigan............  7  7 10 15 - 39

Ohio State..........  7 21  7  7  - 42

As regards to last years championship game. That might have been the greatest football game I have ever seen, it will be very difficult to top that.

Its all in how you look at it. The Michigan defense only played one bad quarter, and in the second half Ohio State really could not stop the Michigan running game. Mostly though, what really makes me want to see it is all the Ohio St. fans who say it wouldn't be fair to make Ohio St. play them again. If you're the true national champion then you can beat any team anywhere, not just at home. UT beat USC last year basically in USC's backyard, and I doubt this year will be anywhere close, but Michigan would put up a better game with its massive offensive line and it's nearly pro-calibur defense then Florida's gimick offense and mediocre defense.

Florida has two things working for it: 1. Meyers is a great coach, he won at Utah St. of all places(although alot of his players there were @26+ yrs. old) 2. An Ohio St. Michigan matchup only involves one small region of the country, something that even though its not suppose to, will influence votes.

MOD EDIT - Fixed quote. tarna

But do you really want to see Ohio State play Michigan again?

Been there done that.

The national championship is about picking the two most deserving teams. It doesn't matter if it's a rematch.

Personally, I see Florida as the best team to face Ohio in the championship. Their schedule is way harder than Michigan's.

"Who could blame Skynet? He's such a cute, innocent, steel-bolted robot."

-Gauntlet

Top to bottom the SEC is the deepest conference in college football, but there are no elite teams, and the fact that Arkansas lost last week and was blown out by USC earlier will hurt them. Florida doesn't really belong in the National Title game.

Michigan 1 loss to Ohio St. > Florida 1 loss to Auburn

I know someone who lives in Auburn. They were best pleased by that game.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

This is the first time that Ohio State and Florida have played against each other, this should be good. Michigan had their chance and blew it.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester