Story in KOTOR 2

Its one of those games where you constantly have to keep playing and playing to unlock new things and secrets about what has been happening between KotOR1 and KotOR2. The first time you play it, you will probabally completely screw it up and have things turn against your planning, it is fairly confusing to start and there are lots of secrets to be revealed, the infulence system needs to be played with and learnt as it is sometimes hard to predict party members decisions.

KotOR2 is a much darker game then the first, KotOR1 you had many jedi companions helping you to stick to the lightside, KotOR2 is quite the contrary, where you can choose to be a jedi or sith and you have much more freedom, no one stopping you from doing as you wish. First few parts of it is pretty boring and depressing *cough*Peragus*cough* But it takes a while to get into, I personally prefered how in KotOR1 you had to search for star maps, and in the end it led you to the Star Forge.

The game makes you more side to the dark, as it is all around and you are completely outnumbered by sith and you are searching for lost jedi, and they are on the brink of extintion, It is harder to go LS IMO, as you have Kreia manipulating you and always confusing what you think may be right or wrong. And as everyone has said, the end if very confusing, it basically turns everything around and sort of gives you the answer, but there is still the element of confusion and that you need more answers, which will be provided in TSLRP, and possibly KotOR2. Playing all sides in the game helps unlock more stuff and feeds your questions with answers.

IMO, the influence system is about 50% of the replay value, you can't please everyone every time, and almost all of the backstories are interesting.

- play LSF and see the Atton-Disciple-Exile triangle (and as much as I despise Disciple, his backstory is pretty interesting).

- play LSM twice and see the Visas-Handmaiden-Exile triangle from both sides.

- play DS and max influence with Hanharr and G0-T0 (as much as I will never use G0-T0, his backstory is one of the few shockers)

The rest of the replay value is trying out different LS/DS paths and class combinations.

IMO, the influence system is about 50% of the replay value, you can't please everyone every time, and almost all of the backstories are interesting.

- play LSF and see the Atton-Disciple-Exile triangle (and as much as I despise Disciple, his backstory is pretty interesting).

- play LSM twice and see the Visas-Handmaiden-Exile triangle from both sides.

- play DS and max influence with Hanharr and G0-T0 (as much as I will never use G0-T0, his backstory is one of the few shockers)

The rest of the replay value is trying out different LS/DS paths and class combinations.

So it appears you have to give the game multible playthroughs to get the full picture. And that's fine with me to a certain extent.

However just how is the replay value in the game? I mean I've played VTM Bloodlines 3 times now and I loved the game, however the main story is the same no matter how you play it, and I can't imagine this game being any different.

Either way, I'm enjoying the game so far. Between this and NWN2, I've got my hands full.

Oh and one more question. I have a hard time being an ahole in any game. Don't know why, must be my angelic nature :p haha. But this game may be the one that changes my mind. And I only say that because some of the DS responses are so freaking funny! If you do go to the DS, how dramatically does that change the gameplay?

Appreciate all you guys input.

Well, K2 chronicles is supposed to describe Malachor V as being dark. If planet was indeed as dark as it was said in storyline during gameplay, then I wouldn't mind playing it now and again once in a while. And a bit more dialogue on final planet of game would have made it more interesting. Part where Sith assassins walk out of Trayus academy entrance and bow in parallel lines while Exile walks in without much resistance was a bit unexpected.

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

I think K2 is pretty evenly balanced for alignments. I actually had a *harder* time maintaining full DS alignment because there were a few tantalizing goodies and so many LS influence spots (Which turned out to be not so amazing, but still...)

In K1 it was very easy to go DS. I'd even used a cheat to reach 100% LS at the beginning of the game and decline from there, and I could completely reverse polarity before even leaving Dantooine.

I will say that the DS options in K2 aren't as dark though. K1 had some really brutal things you could do, and your actions could leave years of suffering behind on the planets you'd screwed over. I'm not really comfortable as a completely dark character in K1; making threats in casual conversation is amusing, but the murderous, manipulating rampages you go on are a bit excessive.

It took me more than one play through, but I really enjoyed the story. I didn't think it was as good as KotOR 1, but still very enjoyable, better than most everything else. I think the biggest problem I had with not liking it the first time I played through was that it was very easy to miss large chunks of the story. I guess some would say it wasn't spoon fed, but whatever. I finished the first game without even knowing I could train Jedi, or really getting to know my party members besides Kreia thanks to the influence system (which I ended up liking, I just didnt know how to use it at first). It's a good story, it can just be kinda hard to get the whole picture.

Edited by SHodges

It took me more than one play through, but I really enjoyed the story.  I didn't think it was as good as KotOR 1, but still very enjoyable, better than most everything else.  I think the biggest problem I had with not liking it the first time I played through was that it was very easy to miss large chunks of the story.  I guess some would say it wasn't spoon fed, but whatever.  I finished the first game without even knowing I could train Jedi, or really getting to know my party members besides Kreia thanks to the influence system (which I ended up liking, I just didnt know how to use it at first).  It's a good story, it can just be kinda hard to get the whole picture.

I agree it's not well described, first time through I converted handmaiden and

bao-dur, but had no idea you could convert mira or atton. Personally I think

the train as jedi went too far, you ended up with 7 force users (LS) or 6 (DS)

out of 11 characters (including the exile), whilst KotOR 1 only had 4 (out of 10

including "Revan")

I have to say that KotOR I was equally bad when it came to expanding characters

though. The first few play-throughs I missed so many of the character specific side

quests (Dustil, Canderous' Honour Duel, Mission's brother, etc.) there was not quite

enough direction towards them, or incentive to do them really.

Laterz...

Edited by Dam13n

KOTOR II's story was pretty good imo. It was concrete and had a nice backround to fill you in (even though they had you make most of it up). As far as the LS and DS splits in the game, LS and DS give you different stories through the game and the fact that you can jedify certain companions only depending on you alignment, like Handmaiden for instance, she was a real bitch to make a Dark Jedi, no offence. She always had something to say when you were killing people or doing a darkside-ish thing, so u lost influence with her and if ur past half way through you have no chance of gaining that influence back.

IN CASE OF EMERGENCY: Break glass to get hammer, use hammer to get rock, rock beats scissors, scissors cuts the yarn, cat plays with the yarn, use cat for protection.