34 members have voted

1. 1. Which planet do you go first ?

• Nar Shaddaa
    • Onderon
    • Dantooine
    • Korriban
    • Depends (post how!)
    • No idea

I'm in my second walkthrough and finished Telos.

So I'm on my way to the other planets, but I can't decide in which sequence I should take them.

On my first walkthrough I took Nar Shaddaa last which was a very bad choice, obviously. I got Mira and HK-47 only when the game was already nearly over, and had no chance to ever jedify Mira or Atton.

So - what sequence do you think would be best ? First Nar Shadda for Mira (and G0-T0/HK-47) ? First Dantoine for the personal crystal ? First Onderon for Mandalore ?

When I'm playing a Light Side character I typically go to Dantooine first, not only for the name crystal, but also because of the fact that you can buy any of the base colour crystals from that salvager woman, and sometimes a Jedi Robe, so yeah. As Dark Side, Nar Shaddaa is good first, so that you get Hanharr and HK-47 early on, but it's actually the most difficult planet to do first since if you don't have two Jedi party members at that point, beating Goto's Yacht is harder than usual.

I also sometimes go to Dxun first when I'm Dark Side, since that allows you plenty of levels without having to fight any of the masters. Korriban also offers the same thing, but you don't get any party members and there's less to do, and thus less level opportunities (unless you have massive patience and exploit the hell out of the Hssiss bug in the cave).

I go to Nar Shaddaa first followed by Dxun, Onderon, Dantoonie, Korriban. I go to Nar Shaddaa first so I can get the lightsaber parts and get Mira in the party and quickly get her Jedified.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

I go to Nar Shadaa first. Because there, on Nar shadaa, you can get 2 of the lightsaber parts you need to construct yor lightsaber. :) And with the first one you get on Telos, you have an lightsaber already after the first planet. (The first planet your'self are beeing able to choose to go to, that is.)

Order of planets:

Well Per-ass-gus then telos first, as you have zero choice. :bat:

Dantooine - to get Saber parts and construct lightsaber. (and get

disciple :x if female exile) (though I do not go after vrook yet...)

Nar Shadaar - to get Mira/Hanhaar, G0-T0 (I wouldn't if I had a choice :bat: )

and complete HK-47, and turn Atton and Mira into Jedi, and to complete it.

Dxun - To pick up Mandalore :dancing:

Onderon pt 1 - as you kind of have to in order to get mandalore.

Dantooine - to complete it

Korriban - to complete it

Dxun + Onderon pt 2 - to complete it

(Telos Academy - to face atris)

Dantooine - for the meeting

Telos + Ravager - to complete

Malachor - to complete the game (w00t)

This list does not include the many trips to and from planets to complete

minor side quests (like the fuel for telos quest and the expanding business

quests)

laterz...

Dantooine (Disciple/lightsaber), NarShaddaa (Atton)

After that I usually went to Dxun and mixed it up from there.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Found this order a bit easier either with a lightside or darkside character:

Telos

Dantooine (Get PC crystal and level up character against kinrath)

Nar Shaddaa (Get Mira before mid-game)

Dxun

Onderon

Korriban (Sion can be a bit tough, so I leave him till a bit later for game)

Onderon (Makes sense for this part to be towards later part of game)

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

I usually go to Nar Shadaa first,make Atton a Jedi,then go to Dantooine and go through the enclave and tamper with the will so I can get a light saber without having to build one.I have found that you get more XP if you bounce around from planet to planet doing one quest at a time rather than staying on each planet and completing it.

Eh, for me...

1. Dantooine: To obtain the personal crystal and ask Kreia to upgrade it, before you know any of Jedi Masters, if you're a female, you can recuit a future Jedi, Mical, there.

2. Nar Shaddaa: There you should get plenty of influences on Atton and Bao-Dur. Ultimately making them Jedi.

3. Korriban: Perfect place to learn lots of ancient Jedi secrets and Sith secrets. And a lot of exp when going to the cave and making lots of lightsaber duels between Malak, Revan, Bastila, Kreia...

4. Ondaron: This is the last planet.

csicoruscantek4.jpgcsinarshaddaale5.jpg

| RP Fic: Knightfall | RP: Knightfall: The duel between Light and Dark |

Savoir, conqueror, hero, villian...You're all those things...--Emperor Skywalker to CSI, redeemed Darth Nihilus.

Another reason for doing Dantooine before Nar Shadda is getting a Mandalorian disintegrator from returning miosture vaporator to Suulru after speaking to Joran. If you're playing as lightside, and are thinking of getting some blasters for Mira, you might consider this. Works well especially with ranged upgrades.

Deep from within...

朱宣澧

I t depends what side you're on. If you're LS, then go dantooine,onderon,korriban,nar shadaa. You get your lightsaber and crystal early, and you have loads of time to get influence over atton before nar shadaa. jedifying mira is easy - just be nice to her when you talk to her. then take her to nar shadaa central pit,blahblahblah. If you are dark side, then go to nar shadaa first. You get HK, then you can be mean in front of him all over.whew, that was a ot of typing, my fingers hurt now.

With darkside, thing about it is not having to think about creating ranged upgrades at all for Mira. Easier to play DS for a change especially considering that DS characters get Hanharr and not having to create a pair of swords for him as he gets his own Wookie weapons. That is, sometimes after being LS several times. Still, am using same order of planets with DS so far.

Deep from within...

朱宣澧

I go to Dantooine first because within ten minutes of being there I can make Bao a Jedi. :joy: And then of course I can get Disciple, which prevents a bug on Nar Shaddaa that involves Atton calling my female PC "him". ;) Get the <player name> crystal and get having to deal with Vrook over with. :blink:

"They might not call you a Jedi anymore, but believe me, you are. It's not the sort of thing that you just stop being. You're stuck with it, just like you're stuck being the General." ~Bao-Dur, Knights of the Old Republic: The Sith Lords

I'd say Nar Shadaa isa bad first planet only because there's so many Deadly mines that you want to be sure your demolitions expert can disarm and retrieve that small fortune. I've always had problems getting Mira too, and either need to use a lot of chems or burn all of her levelups on healing to get her out alive.

It's really easiest to skip around, *if* you have an idea how to manage influences the way you want, since you'll be blowing a lot of opportunities before all party members are with you. The problem with doing one planet straight through is that all except Dantooine trap you from leaving at some point, so you're stuck finishing that planet with what you've got.

So I guess it's really just a tradeoff. You can tough it out on Nar Shadaa or Onderon and get your other NPCs early, or go somewhere else to get better equipment. That's a pretty good balance, IMO. Trying to squeeze all the goodies out of the game makes it harder, and you have an easier time if you'll end up replaying to get the rest.

Edited by exenia

I usually go Dantoonie>Onderon>Nar Shadaa>Korriban

Dantoonie first to get my 'saber (althought u can go to Nar Shadaa to get it quickly as well, I just like doing that mini-battle against the rebels, even though I might be darkside I still help the town) then I go to Onderon because I like that whole civil war esque situation, then Nar Shadaa mostly because I have the hardest time there with getting the attention of the enchange. and then I go to Korriban, i like that whole altered reality/visions thing that you go through in the caves and first real chance at pulverizing Sion is awesome. :huh:

IN CASE OF EMERGENCY: Break glass to get hammer, use hammer to get rock, rock beats scissors, scissors cuts the yarn, cat plays with the yarn, use cat for protection.

I doubt that you can train Atton and Bao-Dur as Jedi after a trip to Nar Shaddaa...Unless you used cheat to get high charisma.

csicoruscantek4.jpgcsinarshaddaale5.jpg

| RP Fic: Knightfall | RP: Knightfall: The duel between Light and Dark |

Savoir, conqueror, hero, villian...You're all those things...--Emperor Skywalker to CSI, redeemed Darth Nihilus.

Agree with exenia in the sense that if you don't have a clue what to do in the game, no planet is "easiest." Most answers people give for 'what's the easiest way to..." are based on people already knowing the game...thus it might not seem that easy to a new player.

And CSI: Atton's not that hard to make a Jedi once you've done it once. You can get all the influence you need to trigger his stuff on Nar Shaddaa by the time you leave Telos. Bao's a bit harder - I could never do it on the first planet - I always had to get one more influence check from him on a 2nd planet.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

The easyest way to make Bao a jedi is to go to Dantooine, take the quest to find the sensors, thank him for his help when you get him to examine them, then pick the LS ending from the quest-taking less money. The only catch with this is that some of your other companions might have something to say at your choice which stops you having another conversation with Bao. (Krea and I think Atton are the worst for this, no sure about Visas as I've never had her at this point. Easy, takes all of two minutes.