Aaagh! Where did my save games go?

I have a serious problem. Every time I start a new game, ALL of my save files get erased. I've tried this several times, and it always happens. The only thing I can do right now is to make backups. Is there some way to fix or prevent this? I have the latest version of the patch installed, so it's not that...

Does erased files include autosave games also? More info could help.

I think it's because Kotor2 keeps your saved games seperated by character name. There is a "switch" function where you can switch between different sets of save games, unlike Kotor1 which had them in a big pile.

A quick peek in the save game folder with windows explorer should give some hints on whether they are really gone or if he has just created a new character which then becomes the active set of saved games.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Yeah, all games should have that one... then again, because KotoR2 is the only game ever that has it, its kinda pointless to use it because I do that with my backups anyway (every character gets his own directory, when I start the game up I first choose which character I want to play, then copy him back).

Yes. Easier for backing up saves with reinstalling game too. There is also option to keep saved characters after game is uninstalled as well. Although am hardly keeping more files than that of one character for each game.

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

I keep all my saves... I must have about 50 different walkthroughs (most stopped quite early) of Morrowind and KotoR1. I also sort the characters into different subdirectories (usually something like: walkthrough_finished, saves_active, saves_test, saves_fun, saves_trash, ... ) and give the directory very descriptive names (race, class, alignment, name, depending upon game) so I can easily keep track of them.

Its kinda fun to examine how you have build your first character in a game when you where totally clueless... I have checked my first BG1 character once and MAN THAT ONE SUCKED I didn't even knew I could reroll, or reorder, so the poor guy had all stats below 14 ... (ADnD sucks).

For me, would say that bae class and prestige for first game would have been Consular and Jedi Master, or perhaps Guardian with Weapon master. Took me a while to decide to try other characters like Consular class with Jedi master/Sith lord. And hardly used darkside in beginning, but got used to it in end.

Edited by vaxen83

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧