Why wii? why have thou done this to me?

ramza

Yes Volourn, I find myself in agreement with you. You have made a constructive and challenging point. Thank you for sharing your constructive insights.

I disagree.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

No less constructive than most of the posts in this thread which do nothing but talk about pee and weiners (damn censor).

R00fles!

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

The people or Wii?

I want an adaptation of Dark Messiah to Wii. Swashbucklery with that controller would be so awesome.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

That list doesn't include one I saw on the net years ago which was:

"Do not attempt to stop the chainsaw with your genitals."

The towel dispenser in the bathroom at my high school had the label "Intentional misuse may be harmful or fatal"

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

What do you suggest, mkreku? All those guys replace their 40 inch TVs with their own money because they played the Wii the way it was designed to be played?

Just suggesting that the morons take responsibility for their own actions. Something that Americans seem to have a tough time doing. I mean, when you have to have a label that says "Do not drink" on every gas pump in the country, something is wrong.

And I'm pretty sure that throwing your Wii-mote at the screen wasn't in the original design.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Except they didn't throw it. The straps snapped. Again, the straps snapped. Are they designed to snap? No. It's called shoddy workmanship. period.

As for Amerikans taking responsibility for their own stupid actions; shouldn't that include companies whoa re Amerikan or do business in Amerika as well? Hmm...

"And I'm pretty sure that throwing your Wii-mote at the screen wasn't in the original design."

And, I'm pretty sure neither was the straps snapping. R00fles!

Don't make exuses for shoddy workmanship that lead directly to these accidents. :)

:crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I haven't seen any do not drink labels on gas pumps around here.

Did you watch the video of the guy playing Wii Sports where the controller slipped out of his sweaty hand, snapping the wrist strap and smashing into the wall? Seems to me like that was a perfectly valid way of playing the game.. that's how the Wii promotional videos portrayed it being played as well.

At the very least Nintendo should have put a little more thought into the wrist strap, people don't expect it to snap. The whole reason for the strap is to prevent incidents like this from happening.. if it doesn't work, it's faulty. Nintendo should own up and recall the Wiimotes to replace the straps with something a little beefier.

Still, you are not supposed to swing your wiimote like a madman. It even says on the official site that small but swift movements are enough for the purpose of playing...

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

I've seen some videos of people doing that, and it's not "swinging like a madman". If you play a lot, your hands will get greasy, and playing things like Tennis or Zelda you could very easily have the remote hurl somewhere - wall, if you're lucky (nothing breaks), TV if you're unlucky.

Besides, every single Wii advertisement implies that you can play with big movements (not "madmen", they are not that bad). And it's clearly the most enjoyable way to play for some games. Nintendo paying for all those TV breakages would be harsh; but it'd be even harsher for those players to do so. I don't think its as much a question of dismissive idiocy as some think.

I've seen some videos of people doing that, and it's not "swinging like a madman". If you play a lot, your hands will get greasy, and playing things like Tennis or Zelda you could very easily have the remote hurl somewhere - wall, if you're lucky (nothing breaks), TV if you're unlucky.

Have you seen a person who's tennis racquet is flying out of one's hand? If it does, it could hurt someone, then tennis racquet manufacturer pays the damages?

I'm with mkreku on that one.

Just take some damn responsibility.

Tennis racquets can be held firmly as you do not need to move fingers to press buttons (or to avoid pressing buttons). They are also made out of grippy material, whereas the Wii is smooth and slick.

edit: besides which - quite apart from people who have already broken the TV - I think it was a design mistake to have it so easily 'breakable'. The strap, I mean. They could surely have got a stronger strap than the ones they have now, or better grips on the remote itself.

Edited by Tigranes

Have you seen a person who's tennis racquet is flying out of one's hand? If it does, it could hurt someone, then tennis racquet manufacturer pays the damages?

I'm with mkreku on that one.

Just take some damn responsibility.

Tennis racquets have much better grips. Nintendo went with a smooth sexy design that's "slippery when wet." With the straps on the wiimote there is an expectation that if it does fly out of ones hand it will be stopped.

Edit: I'm slow :)

Edited by LostStraw

It isn't the strap that isn't sturdy, it's where it's connected to the controller that breaks, and while it may be a disign flaw on Nintendo's part, it isn't their fault that it breaks at a certain velocity, because they didn't design it to be playable at any relatively ridiculous speed. It was designed to be played a certain way, and since we don't have a majority of Wii controllers doing this, then that means that people must be doing something with it that isn't normal. If a lot of controllers started doing this, then Nintendo might be liable, but a few instances like this, no.

And if you want Nintendo to be responsible when it slips out of someones hands, that's pretty ridiculous.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

While tripping on snails.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds