No more 'Sith Lightsabers'

What I mean is, here is this venerated weapon, the big prize at the end of the trials, and what good is it? None. Same as any other Lightsaber. In fact, LESS than any other because it can't be upgraded.

I didn't like that at all.

Almost as little as being full blown Dark Side, wearing a Dark Jedi Master robe, graduating the Sith Academy, carrying that Sith Lightsaber, and STILL being treated like I'm with the Republic.

What I mean is, here is this venerated weapon, the big prize at the end of the trials, and what good is it? None. Same as any other Lightsaber. In fact, LESS than any other because it can't be upgraded.

Almost as little as being full blown Dark Side, wearing a Dark Jedi Master robe, graduating the Sith Academy, carrying that Sith Lightsaber, and STILL being treated like I'm with the Republic.

agreed :ph34r: :angry: in fact the sith lightsaber wasnt upgradable and it was weaker compared to a non upgraded normal saber. But then again i think it was meant for ornimental purposes, but what the f*ck good is an orniment in a game ;) :D none!!

the sith light saber was for semornile use only and it says that on the description

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

i would like it if it can be upgraded, and other sith notice u have it

Well, that's what mods are for, isn't it? I personally made one that's fully upgradeable with a unique blade and a uniquelly skinned hilt, as well as an extra property of dark side damage, and an additional darkside damage against the light side. I'd post a link, but I'm not sure if this place is as mod-disfriendly as Bioware's boards or not...

I thought the purpose of the sith blades is that they are cheap and made of mass produced parts, and they couldn't be upgraded because the "Ceremonial" purpose was instructing the pupils in how to build a lightsaber.

At least that's how I took it. Besides that, they sold for a bunch. :p

Well, that's what mods are for, isn't it?  I personally made one that's fully upgradeable with a unique blade and a uniquelly skinned hilt, as well as an extra property of dark side damage, and an additional darkside damage against the light side.  I'd post a link, but I'm not sure if this place is as mod-disfriendly as Bioware's boards or not...

some people dont have the time/knowledge inclination to make mods, some people have KotOR on xbox without live (myself, and im not shelling out for live for a couple of mods) and some who own the game for pc dont have the internet, so why not just include it in the game to start with

I doubt there will be Sith lightsabers. Kinda pointless if the "special" lightsaber is weaker than the actual standard lightsabers. They mentioned something about additional unique crystals, but whether or not there are additional unique lightsabers are another matter.

Lightsabers cannot be mass produced. They require using the Force to set the crystals properly. Hapans try to mass produce sheilds based on the same effect. (Not force feilds, actual hold in your hand circular sheilds.) They explode after about 30 seconds.

The problem here wasn't even that you got one. It's that you got one that sucked. Naga Sadow's Sword found elsewhere in that same tomb is better than the freaking lightsaber. And not just a little better either.

I was hoping there would be "dark side-specific" crystals we could use with the Sith lightsaber to make it powerful, and that only DS users could use it (much like a few of the LS/DS specific items).

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)