Anyone watch SG1 or SG Atlantis

Kalfear

they always do that jags... they show half a season during fall and usually show the second half in jan/feb. (I think)

As to Galactica, the major reason I liked it in the pilot was the massive battle scene. From what I saw of the first season, They had ONE major battle and that was just a bait and switch to get fuel.

Another thing that turns people off is the violence of it. I had sombody sitting next to me while watching the episode where starbuck was sent to interrogate the Psilon and she couldn't stand to watch it because of all the torture.

SG1 I think has reached the end of it's life time. Atlantis might have a few more seasons but honestly it's kinda wierd that a group of humans can beat the snot out of a race that devoured the ancients (pre-acention)

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

they always do that jags... they show half a season during fall and usually show the second half in jan/feb. (I think)

As to Galactica, the major reason I liked it in the pilot was the massive battle scene. From what I saw of the first season, They had ONE major battle and that was just a bait and switch to get fuel.

Another thing that turns people off is the violence of it. I had sombody sitting next to me while watching the episode where starbuck was sent to interrogate the Psilon and she couldn't stand to watch it because of all the torture.

SG1 I think has reached the end of it's life time. Atlantis might have a few more seasons but honestly it's kinda wierd that a group of humans can beat the snot out of a race that devoured the ancients (pre-acention)

I think you are right, Calax....not enough tactical situations and, when their is violence, it is gratuitous and directly related to the soap opera side.

Don't get me wrong, I still think it is one of the best shows out there but it needs some tweaking. They need to have episodes that don't have anything to do with the main characters sometimes and antagonists other than Cylons, IMO.

Hadn't seen anyone mention this so I thought I would: SciFi is moving BSG to Sunday nights on January 21, following the premiere of The Dresden Files (based on the wizard-detective series by Jim Butcher) earlier that night.

Apparently for us Canadian viewers (I'm looking at you astro!) Space is planning on doing the same. Both networks will be moving to 10pm Sundays.

:)"

Yeah that's just silly writing.. I'm always amused at how stupid some writers are.. they get these great ideas - but then they have no idea how to get the hero out of it again .. so they end up doing something so spectacular and unrealistic that it destroyes the show ..

like when they were being besieged and then all of a sudden they managed to send the cavalry through the Stargate to save the day.. wasn't the whole point that they were stranded and had to figure out how to survive on their own?

and with the Pegasus it's more like Star Trek than SG-1 ..

Fortune favors the bald.

• 1 year later...

I gave up trying to read everyones posts before my own (there so freaking long) :ermm: but I don't really like SG-1. I love Atlantis, however. I hate how Wier was taken out. I liked her better than Carter. My favorite characters though are McKay and Sheppard. I noticed some negetism about stargate. Star Trek is long gone and I dont know what this other show you all are talking about but Atlantis won peoples choice awards and with good reason. Cya!

Edited by walkerguy

Twitter | @Insevin

with the Pegasus it's more like Star Trek than SG-1 ..

You say that like it's a bad thing. It needs more to differentiate. And if that includes space battles, heck yeahz.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I always enjoyed SG1, but Atlantis seems forced and tacky - the actors never really 'did it' for me.

Granted, now that SG1 is over, Atlantis is getting more time and effort devoted to it, and it shows (season 4)

For the record: BSG is great and all, but it's got so many problems and plot holes and is often too overly dramatised.

Also: <3 Richard Dean Anderson. Killian was like my favourite character in Fallout... and MacGyver? *drool*

Edited by Krezack

and MacGyver? *drool*

Which one are you, Patty or Selma?

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Stargate 1 sucks. It makes Xena: Warrior Princess seem like primetime entertainment.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Stargate 1 sucks. It makes Xena: Warrior Princess seem like primetime entertainment.

and yet it was good enough that they are making a movie to tie up all the plot lines.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I've seen more Atlantis than SG1.

I like SG1 in that it is so "modern day" when on Earth and the story archs seem to be well-written.

Atlantis is good too but I think they will ultimately retire Atlantis and pick up SG1 again....the "ghoul" (or whatever they are called)

would make for a good generic threat from another galaxy.....I mean, what is the point of their mission? to explore, I think.

Colonizing another galaxy filled with what amounts to a superior undead race, would not make any sense, IMO.

Anyway, SG1 has PREYING MANTIS ALIENS! and that has to be a good thing.

preyingmantis1.jpg

SG1 was mainly tolerable if you didn't take it too seriously. The actors were engaging, and the stories no worse in concept than any other weekly sci fi explorer show. Some were better, like the one where they discover space nazis, and have to decide whether to collaborate with them.

But the biggest problem I had was not so much realism as personal annoyance. Hee the human race was on the verge of annihilation and enslavement by the Gouauould (no I'm not looking up the spelling), and the team let petty manners get in the way. They'd cheer4fuly refuse to steal some superweapon even though it could guarantee Earth's survival. W? T? F? :sorcerer:

I also think they should have had a British team attached to the command. Plenty of scope for inter-cultural comedy.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.