NWN2: Discussion

metadigital

Magic bags are incredibly easy to find.

I never use them though, because i hate the fact that they use a KOTOR2-style 'one-by-one' lists for all containers.

keep in mind that the bags only had 24 slots up 'til recent patch... which meant that navigatiion issues were pretty much a non-factor. 'course, the fact that there were so few bags with so few slots made 'em far less useful than they shoulda' been.

obsidian folks realize that for folks trying to hold onto crafting materials and scrolls for when they finally gets a wizard character joinable, as well as simply needing someplace safe to store 1007 following the module transition/purge (an issue that would'a been nice to have some adbanced warning 'bout,) they does a quick-fix and increase number of bag slots by a very large number... now you got something over 140.

progression: 24 slot bag not need fancy navigation. low number of 24 slot bags were insufficient to meet player needs. obsidians "fix" problem in most obvious and easy way possible.

+140 slot bags were not originally envisioned. is understandable that they not got better navigation and fix navigation would be much more difficult to work into a patch than were the simple adjustment of adding more slots to bags.

a practical solution to a stoopid problem ends up causing some new issue? no surprise.

new bags is far from ideal, but now that Gromnir knows when all of his stuff will be purged from keep and flagon containers we can use increased size bags to deal with the problems... though we gotta say that the mechanic for dealing with joinable npc inventories is still so bass ackwards and time consuming that we gets more than a little frustrated with the game.

we may be forced to use crafting in future, just so we not have to go through pain of trying to shift appropriate equip between party members. what a waste.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

oh, and we still would like to see obsinaties add some way to access character profile and inventories of joinable npcs while pc is in flagon or keep.

also, we cannot figure out why the developers seem unable or unwilling to discuss the missing feats. is not a big deal, but we has seen numerous threads at bio 'bout the missing feats and never once has we seen a developer response.

keep in mind that we is only voicing concerns we thinks might be dealt with in a patch... or patches. we got loads of problems with game, but most such issues we got simply can't be addressed to Gromnir's satisfaction by patching.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

oh, and we still would like to see obsinaties add some way to access character profile and inventories of joinable npcs while pc is in flagon or keep.

The easy fix to this (which I agree is a huge annoyance) is simply to make every NPC a member of your party when in the Flagon. Clearly such large parties are possible. So that shouldn't be too hard to implement.

It's trickier at the Keep though, given that the NPCs are spread out on the grounds, but it's also somewhat less of an issue there given that you can switch NPCs back and forth by exiting to the world map and then pressing cancel. Still annoying, but not as bad as in the Flagon.

yep, kr_roster_edit is going to be as dear to me as Ctrl+Y. ;) Stupid Ebon Hawk System.

As for magic bags, I'd say even with 24 they needed a better system, but with 140+, even more so. Alternatively, they should have made crafting essences and gems weigh a LOT less, so that, say, Zhjaeve or Sand or Qara isn't screwed as craftmule because of a lack of *strength* to carry all the materials.

Essences and gems should not only weigh less, they should be completely weightless.

It was a bit stupid when my main character ran around with 150-200 metal ingots without breaking a sweat and Qara got overloaded from essences alone (and her standard gear of course)

Essences and gems should not only weigh less, they should be completely weightless.

It was a bit stupid when my main character ran around with 150-200 metal ingots without breaking a sweat and Qara got overloaded from essences alone (and her standard gear of course)

Not sure I agree about Essences....

But gems are already weightless.

I edit BASEITEMS.2DA to eliminate such annoyances. I also made a lot of unstackable stuff stackable, and jacked stack sizes up. It's not legit, but I hate inventory management, especially in Monty Haul games.

You can edit the 2DA with the toolset, though before I knew I could do that, I extracted the 2DA from the game's ZIP archive and loaded it into Excel, which also works great, if not better since I have full control over columns and rows.

Edited by Wistrik

I never had any problems finding magic bags. I really have no need for them since i sell off just about everything I collect and my characters do not use.

In NWN1 I used my magic bags to keep my inventory organized. Kept my potions in one bag, quest items in another, etc. But now that you can't use items that are in a bag, it removes the sole purpose I used them for.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

This is what you need to do.  First do the whole reinstall routine.

Next download this:  http://o.vnfiles.ign.com/nwvault.ign.com/f...88_to102809.zip

This is the patch from 1.00 to 1.02.  At least I think it is.

Next down load this program from NWVault and follow the directions carefully:  http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=NWN2Tools.Detail&id=12

I hope this helps, Xard.

Thanks Sand, it worked :rolleyes:

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

On the top right (I tihnk) part of the map, there is a cave populated by trolls. In that cave there is an old crate with blast globes. You get to chose by taking just the stable or all iirc. Take all. Then go back to the rock slide area and it should take care of itself)

As I don't use credit cards, I was complaining about not being able to find 'original' NWN games in the stores located in Istanbul for more than 2 years, since NWN1 was released on both Bioware and here. Unfortunately, I was forced and 'had to' play NWN1 game from a copy CD for that reason about more than 2 years ago.

At last I've checked the D&R site and realized that NWN2 was at last being sold in the D&R stores in Istanbul. I couldn't believe my eyes as I was hopeless to see this game so early by the time it's release date cuz of my former experience about NWN1 not being sold in 'any' of the megastores in Istanbul.

I've immidiately ran out and bought the game from the D&R store located in Mecidiyek

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

On the top right (I tihnk) part of the map, there is a cave populated by trolls. In that cave there is an old crate with blast globes. You get to chose by taking just the stable or all iirc. Take all. Then go back to the rock slide area and it should take care of itself)

Thankie :)

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

As I don't use credit cards, I was complaining about not being able to find 'original' NWN games in the stores located in Istanbul for more than 2 years, since NWN1 was released on both Bioware and here. Unfortunately, I was forced and 'had to' play NWN1 game from a copy CD for that reason about more than 2 years ago.

At last I've checked the D&R site and realized that NWN2 was at last being sold in the D&R stores in Istanbul. I couldn't believe my eyes as I was hopeless to see this game so early by the time it's release date cuz of my former experience about NWN1 not being sold in 'any' of the megastores in Istanbul.

I've immidiately ran out and bought the game from the D&R store located in Mecidiyek

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

what were the point of fin's spam? anybody?

HA! Good Fun!

what were the point of fin's spam?  anybody?

HA! Good Fun!

I assume he felt he was tidying up .. importing an off-topic comment from another thread.

looks off-topic here... and is simply repeat of another post... so is spam.

sometimes the mods get a little... strange. is not all that much activity here in any event, so lord only knows why there is such a need to tiddy things up.

regardless, we gets back on-topic...

spoilers ahead

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

didn't like the UBG for nwn2. why go cheap and make Guardian easy evil? has Guardian simply be carrying out his impossible goal of trying to save/preserve a dead empire and you got a better bad guy w/o all the shadow weave nonsense. heck, you can even keeps in all the undead... only way to resurrect a dead civilization maybe would be through undeath.

*shrug*

could have been far more sympathetic, w/o loss of threat.

HA! Good Fun!

I was just checking through the readme of patch 1.03 and I've noticed this:

Bishop takes the two weapon fighting path of rangers despite longbow feats and constant references to arrows.  This has been fixed; the game will scan your package for valid Ranger Combat Styles (when you become a level 2 ranger) and picks that.  If you don