NWN2: Discussion

metadigital

Actually, while we're on the subject of loot & crafting, I've got a couple of questions.  Who should take the crafting feats?  I'm still in ch. 1 (just killed Logram), and I've been avoiding them.  But I've finally found a tome with weapon recipies, so I'm intruiged.  Does the character with the crafting feat have to be the same one who casts the spell required for the item being made?

I'd put them on Elanee.

She can make darn near everything.

There will be a second character you get that you'll want to put them on also, but it'd be a spoiler.

You'll know the character when you get it. :aiee:

By the way, I am planning on buying a magic bag or two when I get back to town.  They were a bit too expensive so far, but with the haul I'm bringing back from the orc caves, I'll probably have money to burn.  Plus, because I did the 2 caves in direct succession, I'm hitting the weight limit for my characters, and I've had to ditch a fair amount of loot (e.g., lots of suits of studded leather +1).

Those armors you threw away would have paid for the bags. :aiee:

Always buy magic bags when you find them. :)

Always. :D

I dont understand what the issue with bags is all about. Is it because there isnt enough space, or because there isnt enough weight?

If weight, then I can understand. But with over a hundred inventory slots per character, I cant see why space would be an issue.

This is just crazy. NWN2 runs smoothly and I haven't encountered any big bugs. Then I install this 1.3 patch which should make game run better among other things. And what happens? My fps's are (though just little bit) worse abd from time to time game lags badly. Mostly this is in beginning of fights when I buff my party. Before this was not problem. Now: Laggggg...

Not to mention there's lag too when I choose my answer in conversation. I click 1->ten seconds of lag->first words of VO is not heard. Repeat. Dialogues does "jumping" some times (VO not finishing sentences for example) like in K2.

None of this happened before 1.3

How can I get back to patch 1.2? And more importantly, are these problems going to be solved? Does other people have same problem as I (I don't check BIO-forums so I can't now)? I have found only links how to remove 1.3 beta.

:o

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Organization. :o

One for books, one for gems, one for essences, one for plot items, etc... etc...

Yup. I found it most convenient for my PC to carry all crafting items, separated into appropriate bags ... because more often than not I'd get in the basement, only to find that the stuff I needed was on an NPC who was sitting on the bench. Got tired running back and forth to switch folks in and out, and the game didn't care much for it, either.

How can I get back to patch 1.2? And more importantly, are these problems going to be solved? Does other people have same problem as I (I don't check BIO-forums so I can't now)? I have found only links how to remove 1.3 beta.

:o

the obvious, but tedious, method would be to uninstall, reinstall and then find the 1.02 patch. i'd imagine, however, that the rollback capability is in the same location as the old patches. i remember seeing some posts regarding rollback with the final version of 1.3, btw. over at the bio forum. you don't have to log in to read any of those posts...

taks

comrade taks... just because.

Obsidian hasn't established as good a system with rollback patches and critical rebuilds, unfortunately. My computer now stores, separately saved, 100-101, 101-102, 102-101, 102-103beta, 103beta-102, and 102-103. :o

I found hardly any difference between 1.03beta and final, but 1.03beta had been quite a good upgrade from 1.02 (making camera not lag when the game does was a brilliant move).

Uh, by 'good upgrade' I mean from 10fps to 13fps. In x800 XT. GAH. Even overclocking ze GPU didn't do much. Obsidian is doing its best to make the game itself as optimised (or whatever they do) as possible, but the fact is that from the very beginning, NWN2 is a game where 2 people with exactly the same specs have wildly diverging performance-related experiences, and that's often not something a patch can completely fix.

Edited by Tigranes

This is what you need to do. First do the whole reinstall routine.

Next download this: http://o.vnfiles.ign.com/nwvault.ign.com/f...88_to102809.zip

This is the patch from 1.00 to 1.02. At least I think it is.

Next down load this program from NWVault and follow the directions carefully: http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=NWN2Tools.Detail&id=12

I hope this helps, Xard.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

There is another thing that could work. I have no idea whether or not it will, but it's worth a try if the alternative is uninstall (and since there is a big chance this will mess up the install only try it if the only alternative is uninstall/reinstall).

First, get the beta to 1.02 tool. Second edit NWNs registry to say that you have the 1.03beta instead of 1.03. Then run the rollback tool.

I know that the patches checks to see that files that are updated actually matches, but maybe the rollback tool doesn't (or maybe the edited files are similar enough). Probably doesn't work, but it could and it is fairly quick to try.

The key that needs to be edited is:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Obsidian/NWN2/Neverwinter/Version

I don't know what version to change it to though. It could be 1.03Beta (or all capitalized) but I can't check since I have 1.03 installed as well.

Gromnir hates qara.  we talked her up and were nice to her and got our self a few extra chaos points for agreeing that yeah, neverwinter would be a much nicer place if it were on fire, and she still ended up being a nuisance.  so, if we had a chance to do over, we would simply use every spell choice and feat choice to turn her into a crafter.

We agree with you. But if you have the chance to do over, ignore and leave her out of the party.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

Organization. :(

One for books, one for gems, one for essences, one for plot items, etc... etc...

Yup. I found it most convenient for my PC to carry all crafting items, separated into appropriate bags ... because more often than not I'd get in the basement, only to find that the stuff I needed was on an NPC who was sitting on the bench. Got tired running back and forth to switch folks in and out, and the game didn't care much for it, either.

Exactly. :aiee:

This is just crazy. NWN2 runs smoothly and I haven't encountered any big bugs. Then I install this 1.3 patch which should make game run better among other things. And what happens? My fps's are (though just little bit) worse abd from time to time game lags badly. Mostly this is in beginning of fights when I buff my party. Before this was not problem. Now: Laggggg...

Not to mention there's lag too when I choose my answer in conversation. I click 1->ten seconds of lag->first words of VO is not heard. Repeat. Dialogues does "jumping" some times (VO not finishing sentences for example) like in K2.

None of this happened before 1.3

:blink:

There's a new 18.5MB patch out now, above the first 1.03 one. :lol:

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Organization. :lol:

Khelgar has several inventory tabs, one for books, one for gems, one for essences, one for plot items, etc...

And?

That doesn't really help those who don't use him. :blink:

Bags are very party friendly. :)

Meh, I haven't made a "pack mule" character yet, meaning a character with an initial >14 strength, so I have to rely on Khelgar to carry most phat l007 (that's how you spell it, right?) like weapons and armor. And when you're a spellcaster with a 10 strength, you push your limits if you hold onto all the essences you make.

I'll probably run a half-orc or a fighting class here after my Warlock's done with.

:p <Spoilers without blockage> :lol:

1 At that inn you find Khelgar

2 on Deekin (1 in Neverwinter and 1 when his inventory resets for the keep)

1 at the temple of something or other in the main district of neverwinter (blacklake I think)

1 in your keep (check your bedroom)

That's all off the top of my head, there's probably more.

I had at least 5 as I recall.

Magic bags are incredibly easy to find.

I never use them though, because i hate the fact that they use a KOTOR2-style 'one-by-one' lists for all containers. It's even harder to navigate than the Baldur's Gate bags of holding, and certainly miles behind NWN1 system in this case. I just use the inventory to order things properly (e.g. Earth essences row, Water...)... magic bags are too much of a hassle IMO.

They'd be lovely if they opened up another inventory window where you could drag and drop.

I never had any problems finding magic bags. I really have no need for them since i sell off just about everything I collect and my characters do not use.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Magic bags are incredibly easy to find.

I never use them though, because i hate the fact that they use a KOTOR2-style 'one-by-one' lists for all containers. It's even harder to navigate than the Baldur's Gate bags of holding, and certainly miles behind NWN1 system in this case. I just use the inventory to order things properly (e.g. Earth essences row, Water...)... magic bags are too much of a hassle IMO.

They'd be lovely if they opened up another inventory window where you could drag and drop.

I would actually prefer a "filesystem"-style inventory. Icons or list, click on headers to sort by name or type, select multiple items with shift or control, drag-and-drop.