NWN2: Discussion

metadigital

Tracking? I never use it, never saw a reason to do so.

It should be useful to know if anything is lurking around the corner. However, with this game there is always something around every corner. I like using it because it slows me down enough so that I can see and remove traps before I or my party members run off and trigger them.

Edit - I really liked how they used tracking in both IWD games. It told you about the area with what to expect. Really flushed out the area and the story.

Edited by Kelverin

Is there a way I can increase the limit of number of campanions can that tag along? I want to try spending more time with the other companions on my next playthroughs. Plus how bug/game ending this will be since it's not supported? Thx.

Spreading beauty with my katana.

tilde key

DebugMode 1

rs ga_party_limit (?) -- ? being number.

or:

rs kr_roster_edit

In the dialogue menu that comes up you can edit the same thing, and do other things like bring up the party screen (so that you arent playing Exit-The-Flagon every time you want to juggle party members)

Not really buggy. I encountered one crash when going into Blacklake to do the trial, but I just made sure I only had the regular number of party members and it was fine.

The game uses the same script to change party limit, so say the game changes the limit to 5, and it would simply suddenly become 5. You can just set it to 6 again after that happens.

I'm not sure if walking into that with 6 companions would crash the game or something - I don't think so, but you might as well save before there.

Theoretically you can set the limit to 30 or something and carry everyone around, but I can't see it being too enjoyable (or profitable in terms of banter).

Tracking, at least in my experience, displays enemies on the area map as well as the mini map. My biggest complaint with tracking, though, is that you aren't given any sort of information about what types of enemies you might be facing. It would be better, I think, if your Survival skill rank is high enough you could automatically determine if an enemy is humanoid, beast, dragon, etc.

Is there a way I can increase the limit of number of campanions can that tag along?  I want to try spending more time with the other companions on my next playthroughs.  Plus how bug/game ending this will be since it's not supported?  Thx.

You aren't FORCED to have the maximum number of party members (it's a maximum); just take the ones you want.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I have a tiny question, games is ok and all, but the graphics on the armour and ground seems somewhat pixelish when I get close enough, and I'm running on high textures btw.

Anyone got the same "problem"? My card is a Geforce 6600GT

Edited by Lucius

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

I have a tiny question, games is ok and all, but the graphics on the armour and ground seems somewhat pixelish when I get close enough, and I'm running on high textures btw.

What resolution?

(I have the same card, but my processor is sub-spec, so I'm playing with everything turned down.)

Is there a way I can increase the limit of number of campanions can that tag along?  I want to try spending more time with the other companions on my next playthroughs.  Plus how bug/game ending this will be since it's not supported?  Thx.

You aren't FORCED to have the maximum number of party members (it's a maximum); just take the ones you want.

Meta: Reading Comprehension -5 pts.

He wanted to know if there was any way to take even more companions, not fewer of them. :p

Lucius: Yeah, textures can get a little pixelated when you zoom in. I'm also running on high textures. I haven't really noticed the pixelation so much sunce I'm usually zoomed out so much. :)

What resolution?

(I have the same card, but my processor is sub-spec, so I'm playing with everything turned down.)

Res is about 1200x700something. Note I'm probably not getting very good fps, but I'm a bit of a snob when it comes to character rendering, I need them to look nice otherwise I won't bother playing.

Oh and PS. I play Paladin, and I'm unsure if I should cross over into Cleric as well, would that be wise?

Edited by Lucius

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

Meta: Reading Comprehension -5 pts.

He wanted to know if there was any way to take even more companions, not fewer of them. :p

Lucius: Yeah, textures can get a little pixelated when you zoom in. I'm also running on high textures. I haven't really noticed the pixelation so much sunce I'm usually zoomed out so much. :)

Ah, I blame this cold. I feel like I'm reading

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Oh Derald I found a solution to the pixel thingie, I just switched the two top center options in Advanced Graphics to "linear" and voila :)

Edited by Lucius

DENMARK!

aaaand the update doesn't work! W00t!

Sure it does, but you have to rollback to version 1.02 before you update.

Unless you had learned to wait until the real release due to the same issue in NWN:I... :thumbsup:"

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

now is time for suggestions for 1.04?

1) allow Gromnir to access inventories of all joinable npcs while in keep or flagon.

if maybe there were more places to store 1007 this would not be an issue.

2) allow Gromnir to access all joinable npc profiles while in keep or flagon.

woulds be nice to level characters w/o having to exit and return to "base."

3) gem bags and scroll cases... and for crafting munchkins maybe add bag for crafting materials too.

you got no chests or barrels to be storing 1007... 'least not w/o risk o' loss when modules change. so give us some way to store more 1007 on characters themselves.

4) universal commands to party members.

"everyone, follow me." Gromnir's character says that, but it not work that way. would be nice to get a universal command option.

5) add missing feats... or at least tell Gromnir that they were left out for a reason.

practiced spell caster, augment healing and augment summoning not seems to be chooseable, eventhough they is in game. no developer seems to wanna give us a reason why they ain't in oc, but they ain't getting added to patches neither.

6) ignore all roshan suggestions w/o approval from Gromnir.

waste effort removing black/edge from mini-map? am gonna personal kick some serious obsidian arse if such nonsense is addressed as a priority.

is loads of other stuff, but most is pretty trivial (or too big to be fixed with a simple patch.) adhere to list above and we is gonna be good... or at least we will be better. you clowns spend effort sticking a freaking tail onto neeshka? if you can do that, then you can fix Gromnir stuff.

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

4) universal commands to party members. 

"everyone, follow me."  Gromnir's character says that, but it not work that way.  would be nice to get a universal command option. 

If you right click on the protagonist (or his/her portrait) and select "Broadcast Command -> Follow Me" then all of the companions will obey the order. This applies to the other commands as well.