NWN2: Discussion

metadigital

I agree with you doobyfreak, I am not happy either... Grr! I wish this game would make those changes, if not, I will keep playing the games I always play like runescape, warcraft, eve online and so forth. Make the game better please or I will not play.

Edited by alanschu

Well, I'm playing fighter/bard/warlock, altough I don't have any warlock levels yet. :)

Bard abilities + great BAB and other stuff from fighter= awesome pwning. When I am overpowered I just use my bardic abilities and wit to survive. Haven song is last resort.

It was very handy when looting - I mean investigating - Githyanki hideout. There just was so damn many githyankis, so my party god wiped out (minus PC) three times. Mostly it was because of the bigger numbers of enemys than I suspected. I attack in one room, there's 4-5 gith's with greatsword and one mage. Fine, my party with their summonings kicks their ass, but at the same time doors swing open and more gith's attack and keep coming... especially three githyanki mages attacking my party (and their own forces) at once was really pain in ass. Haven Song, summonings and strategic "manouvers" gave me victory in the end, but it wasn't easy. Damn funny though, finally some challenge :huh:

It's fun to see what eldritch blast adds to my fighting power... :)

Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

character profile page is worthless. as we said already, we is looking at the actual rolls for keen.

also, your tests of casavir is out of combat. the problem we encounter is when casavir is fighting orcs or spiders or something and then grobnar hits the criters with sound burst or iron horn. casavir gets hit in area effect and then stops fighting orcs and starts attacking grobnar.

"The OC lacks NPC interactions,"

compared to what game? got 'least as much as bg2.

" Romances,"

dunno. crpg romances creep Gromnir out a bit, but we understands that there is multiple male and female romaces.

"Freedom,"

lord only knows what this means. bg1 maps? mow the fog of war ain't freedom for Gromnir, but we knows that some fallout/bg 1 fans is real enamored with relatively big and empty maps 'stead of compact ones with more stuff to be doing... less wasted resources.

"Choices that matter,"

again, compared to what game? again, we has only just finished chap 2, but it seems like there has been at least one very signifficant choice in game, and some possibility of others. we understand that your choice in dealing with joinables can also have real impact on their behavior late in game.

" Non linear plot,"

this is a fiction. there has never really been a non-linear plot written by a human being in the history of forever, but we know what you mean. typical game "non-linear" plot simply has a signifficant branching at very end or near end. is a waste of effort. we likes options in the side quests, but the fiction of serious non-linear plot in a crpg is something people not wanna let go of it seems. best we ever seen is where plot divides somewhat early in game, but you is still left with only one real meaningful bifurcation.

"Evil options that don

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

also, your tests of casavir is out of combat. the problem we encounter is when casavir is fighting orcs or spiders or something and then grobnar hits the criters with sound burst or iron horn. casavir gets hit in area effect and then stops fighting orcs and starts attacking grobnar.

The second video I made was in combat. I was fighting gargoyles and Mastiffs.

character profile page is worthless. as we said already, we is looking at the actual rolls for keen.

So you're referring to the Keen trait itself, and not the actual spell Keen Edge?

the trial also bad idea.

I thought the trial was very well done. One of the better things in the game actually. :-

J.

Yup, I loved it. It's great when things you've done previously--to companions or other NPCs--have unexpected (but realistic) consequences. And also when skills or stats you've developed mostly for flavor suddenly become useful at a critical point.

The only complaint I had about it was that it was an awfully long period of cut-scene pacing. Not sure I'd always be in the mood for that.

Yup, I loved it.  It's great when things you've done previously--to companions or other NPCs--have unexpected (but realistic) consequences.  And also when skills or stats you've developed mostly for flavor suddenly become useful at a critical point.

The only complaint I had about it was that it was an awfully long period of cut-scene pacing.  Not sure I'd always be in the mood for that.

I especially liked the little old gnome lady who runs one of the merchant stores in the docks. I know when she was brought into the room I couldn't help but do my best Sand impression. Oh gods no... :-

Hahaha I don't remember a little old gnome lady.

I remember finding a bit more stuff the second time I played through involving the trial, so I wouldn't be surprised if there was some more out there as well.

There is some gnome lady in the docks district just south of the exit over to the merchant district. While working for the thieves I tried to get her to pay protection money, but she wouldn't go for it. I had totally forgotten about her when Torio brough her into the trial. Reminded me of the trial in Chrono Trigger with all the things that you can do that might come back to bite you later. :(

I noticed in my first trial there was some obnoxious loud mouth that came in "defending" me. I didn't know him, so I told him to piss off. I don't think he showed up in my second playthrough.

The game may not be "non-linear" in terms of going off the path, but I have noticed a lot of subtle differences that have made some of the details different. It's been an enjoyable second playthrough.

I'm stuck

at the library. Where I can find that veil?

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

It's

on a dead guy near the middle structure that

you have to gain entrance to.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

FOUND YA! (w00t)

Lol, I ran earlier today around that place at least 4 times and didn't see it. Shouldn't play when you're tired :huh:

The second video I made was in combat. I was fighting gargoyles and Mastiffs.

So you're referring to the Keen trait itself, and not the actual spell Keen Edge?

why you assume we is talking about trait 'cause we said we is looking at rolls? that makes no sense at all. Gromnir casts spell. Gromnir looks at rolls down in window. Gromnir sees that a greatsword that we had keen edge cast 'pon does not get an expanded critical threat range. pretty damned straightforward. am not looking at character profile sheet. am looking (for the 6th time now) at the actual rolls. kinda slow today?

and no matter how many ways you tries to figure out some way to convince us that casavir ain't killing grobnar, it ain't gonna do much good if we can plainly see casavir killing grobnar.

oh, another problem: automatic initiation of dialogues. yeah, we get that story advancement is problematic, but if we gots tiefling tart scouting invisible or sneaky like it is more than a little bothersome that if when she stumbles 'pon a baddie who wants to talk to our pc our pc suddenley gets warped and drawn into dialogue. is somewhat less useful to have rogue scout ahead and disarm traps if Gromnir's character is gonna get thrown into a pitched battle 'cause some goblin or orc who cannot sees neeshka manages to initiate dialogue with Gromnir in spite of fact that Gromnir ain't anywhere nears the goblin or orc. 'course, no doubt that not happen neither... all imagination.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

I noticed in my first trial there was some obnoxious loud mouth that came in "defending" me.  I didn't know him, so I told him to piss off.  I don't think he showed up in my second playthrough.

Heh, you should have let him speak. Apparently, he was sent by

Axle

to aid you and he sure does a great job at infuriating

Torio.

:D You really missed a few awesome lines:

Venton: You should come out and down a tankard or two with us, by the way - Ambassador, is it? You look like you could be a little fun, you could.

Torio: This trial concerns Ember... please stick to the matter at hand.

Venton: Aye, I know where I'd like to stick my hand, I do.

Audience: Laughter

BTW, the way that guy speaks those sentences is simply priceless. :lol: Kudos to the voice actor. :)