Unbalanced ?

Gecon

In KotoR1, you could as well forget about Con and Int, mostly.

Int only gave you some bonus if you got insane values - Int 14 for only a single additional skillpoint, pfft !!! And Con only gave you hp and fort saves. All Jedi got best Fort saves, and only the Consolar was a bit low on hp, so Con could easily be left at 8 with hardly any problem.

But in KotoR2 I have the feeling as if Con and Int are seriously overpowerd now.

You need a natural (i.e. no items, buffs or force mastery) Con 18 to wear the best implants.

And Int is required to get all the skills, which is required to build the best items - even if Bao Dur can help sometimes in this respect, but he cannot access the Ebon Hawk tools - because you can't have a party on the Ebon Hawk.

I have the feeling as if Obsidian simply reversed the priorities - before Int and Con where kinda superflous, now they are the central keys to make your character powerful.

Edited by Gecon

In KotoR1, you could as well forget about Con and Int, mostly.

Int only gave you some bonus if you got insane values - Int 14 for only a single additional skillpoint, pfft !!! And Con only gave you hp and fort saves. All Jedi got best Fort saves, and only the Consolar was a bit low on hp, so Con could easily be left at 8 with hardly any problem.

But in KotoR2 I have the feeling as if Con and Int are seriously overpowerd now.

You need a natural (i.e. no items, buffs or force mastery) Con 18 to wear the best implants.

And Int is required to get all the skills, which is required to build the best items - even if Bao Dur can help sometimes in this respect, but he cannot access the Ebon Hawk tools - because you can't have a party on the Ebon Hawk.

I have the feeling as if Obsidian simply reversed the priorities - before Int and Con where kinda superflous, now they are the central keys to make your character powerful.

You don't really need to craft on the Ebon Hawk thought, I usally use the Work Station on Nar Shadar or Datooin and have T3 or Bao-dur craft. Mostly Because I play Jedi consular the most, and that class couldnt craft there way out a paper bag.

Jedi Master Altena Windwalker

Pub 9 Elder Jedi, Star Wars Galaxies: Nurf of the Jedi

"We are oft to blame in this--'tis too much proved. --that with devotion's visage and pious action...we do suger o'er the devil himself. " - V

"Spelling errors in my post, oh noes! I'm Japanese and English is not primery language plus I'm dyslexic.

I start with level 14 in both games for intelligence but in the first it felt like it wasn't necessary so it felt like a waste. I can't say that I thought about constitution in K1, but in K2 I start with 14 intelligence and 14 constitution, building Con to 18, for the implants. :aiee:

Playing as a Guardian I find it necessary to have an adequate Int level for skill points at the beginning, and for the purpose of the "Intelligence" options in conversations necessary for the T3M4 holo-recording, and such.

S.A.S.I.S.P.G.M.D.G.S.M.B.

Constitution and intelligence are more valid to choose now and to me that is a good thing.

You don't need any implants to complete the game and to me, using artificial implants is not a thing a Jedi would do.

Having a high constitution only serves to make you more powerful in terms of implants you can use, improved fortitude saves and more vitality points.

There is no real downside when choosing to have high constitution or intelligence.

Having a high intelligence means that you can get more skillpoints, some better conversation options and better modifiers for some skills.

So you get only bonuses for having a high constitution or intelligence and no drawbacks.

It is funny, because my latest Light Side Consular could keep most essential skills I used such as persuade, repair, computer use and treat injury maxed for my level with awareness not far behind even before I chose a prestige class.

Perhaps somewhat unbalanced if you're into power gaming...but I never needed either 18 in CON or INT to win the game. Which isn't to say that the game isn't unbalanced in certain areas - combat being one of them, imo - I just don't think the stats are that horrifically so.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

INT is for roleplaying

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

For Con, I try to leave around 14 or more. However, don't really feel need to increase to 18. Would have been easier if implans equipping remained as feat rather than how it depends on Con like in K2. How it was justified to depend on Con, is hard to understand. However, improvements like more differences between stat bonuses for implants is welcome, somehow.

Edited by vaxen83

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

I like that a well-rounded PC generally has more options available than one that focuses on one aspect of Jedi-hood.

A strictly DEX-focused finesse duelist, STR-focused basher, INT-focused skills guru, WIS-focused force-power spammer, CON-focused tank, or CHA-focused diplomat will not have access to all the possibilities that a well-balanced "jack-of-all-trades". Now, Jack won't wade through combat as handily as the basher, but the basher won't get the same role-playing opportunities.

My image of a "typical" jedi is the self-reliant loner who lives by his wits more often than fighting his way into and out of trouble (one reason I prefer the Sentinel over the other classes), but in addition to having above average mental abilities, is also more fit, hardy, and nimble than your average Joe.

Using the standard 3d6 ability scores, average is 10.5 ... with the d20 system, PC's roll 4d6 and discard the lowest die, resulting in an average score of 12.24.

Jedi should, in my opinion, begin the game above average across the board and then refine their focus and abilities as they progress.

There has been just an implant that have been using with game. Health implant that gives around 1 point of regeneration, if I haven't exactly any biorestorative underlays for equipped robes or armour for various characters with base Con 14. Way implants were integrated into game was a bit redundant, though.

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

If a character has a higher constitution it is logical that they would be able to use more invasive implants. I prefer it being tied to constitution. In Kotor 1 it was a Scout Feat, so if your PC had an implant in when reaching level up it would screw with Jedi level ups, meaning it would not increase the Jedi level if base class was Scout, rather you would go up a Scout level. Which really sucked if you were about to reach level 20, when your PC is at Jedi level 11.

S.A.S.I.S.P.G.M.D.G.S.M.B.