Inventory

I have read that the inventory system is getting an overhaul in terms of filters but will it still be a communal inventory with no weight restrictions or will it be a more traditional invidiual inventory, do you think?

quite similar to the last one i think, just getting a polish and a couple of new features :blink:

Certainly a system that takes into account the max portage capability - as currently anyone can fill up every space way above their limits (granted be slow as hell). Attempts at trying to add something heavier than their max carry capacity should result in an auto-drop.

Additionally, varied container sizes would be good. Originally BW had planned to have small, medium and large containers but dropped it - which resulted in the tardis effect (small boxes and large bags having the same capacity - ooh look, I can stick a polearm in a small box!).

Even without varying the sizes of the containers, a gross max weight allowance for containers would be even better as it would take care of varied container sizes without additional inventory sizes.

I, too, REALLY REALLY REALLY want a maximum carry limit (though it can be shared by the entire party rather than put on individual characters). That would make me more likely to sell stuff, and give all the containers on the Ebon Hawk a purpose. Also, it just sucks having access to everything you already picked up, AND being able to collect more loot.

What can I say? Fallout's aspect of (hmmmm... I really wanna take this, but then I'd have to ditch this...) really was fun. You could even have the basic medpacs have 0 weight, just like stimpacks.

Curious about the subraces in Pillars of Eternity? Check out 

Well, it worked well for both Fallout games. And then, you had to *gasp*, allocate weight throughout the party!

Basically what it does is give you a reason to use all the storage lying around. I doubt weight will make its way into KOTOR 2, but I'd welcome it.

Whatever. I guess it's just something that some enjoy and others revile.

What can I say? KOTOR annoyed me by letting me pick up fifty double-ended vibro-blades, three-hundred medpacs, and seventy-eight blaster rifles, and letting all my characters have instant access to all of them at all times.

Ammunition is also an issue... But in KOTOR, ranged weapons were bad enough WITHOUT ammo.

Oh please. With all the storage on the Ebon Hawk, and the ability to carry around the weight of three people's capacity (and carry on in Fallout's tradition of having the lighter healing supplies be 0 weight), I wouldn't be limited at all, let alone heavily limited.

1) Do you really need all those Blaster Rifles? How much are you going to sell them for? Not much.

2) You've never played Fallout or Diablo, have you? Fallout is a perfect example, and Diablo is alright too (though it does space rather than weight), except they give you such limited storage, it's a bit annoying.

first off, if I want to put mystuff in containers I will, I don't want to be forced into a dang wheight limit, and be forced to run back and forth. I don't buy rifles, particularly not to sell them. I don't see the point in buying things to sell them elsewhere. No I haven't played any of the diablo or fallout titles, I'm not a big RPG fan. I'm more into FPS and sword combat games. KOTOR was good because of the story to me, the gameplay was basicly whoever had more feats and points alocated to whatever won. There was no real strategy except coming up with builds and building a nice, rip through anoby with one hit lightsaber

13, I think you have to look at the design decisions regarding KotOR and the Fallouts. Fallout was designed with the hardcore rpger in mind. To be in character with the game, you had to think like a survivalist. Make decisions on what to carry and what to barter away.

KotOR was designed to be a fun and cinematic rpg with an emphasis on adventure. BIO tried to do away with the tedium factor that is associated with more hardcore rpg's.

Apples and Oranges.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Meh. I didn't find it tedious...

Anyway... Why put stuff in the containers, unless you're trying to trick your NPCs into thinking you don't have enough of a certain item (like Computer Spikes)?

Basically, the containers are there to look pretty; they have no real use.

WHATever. At least KOTOR 2 is going to be better than KOTOR 1 in allowing me to actually choose some stuff to do (rather than follow on the little tracks KOTOR 1 laid out for me).

I get the reason for the weight thing but I don't want to be bothered by that. But it would be nice that if you get like ten blaster pistols it would automaticly put them aboard the ship some where. Or an item limit not weight but after a while your inventory would get full you could select all or certin items to transfer to some where on the ship (using the instant transit system to send the items alone.)

edit: some typing problems. <_< I

Evolutionary Development