Where are the romances ?

Gecon

I think the fact that she a) claims she was in love with her former master, who was a woman, MIGHT be a clue

and the fact that b) if you're a woman she tells you she has feelings for you, if you talk about her enough.

Pretty sure that's a big hint.  But who knows, she could just be a hippie :)

The main hint is actually the Jedi woman that walks around the central fountain of the Jedi Enclave. If (and only if) you kill Juhani instead of redeeming her (a VERY stupid thing to do because Juhani, skilled right, is the most powerful of your party members), you will meet that woman again on Korriban where she had turned evil and tries to kill you.

Umm, no. It's not her lover. Just friend. I remember, I asked about it from her.

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Umm, no. It's not her lover. Just friend. I remember, I asked about it from her.

A friend that she turned down. It was the reason why he left the Jedi Order and got involved with the Sith on Korriban.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

But on Korriban, you meet her ex-lover, who is a male.

Um. Sorry, but thats REALLY totally wrong.

You meet a guy who was interested in her.

And she rejected him.

Because she liked him and all, but she's lesbian (she doesn't say it explicitly but once you realize that she's lesbian you understand thats her real reason).

She never was his girlfriend.

I could beleive she was designed to be a gay character, after all Bioware added the option in their Jade Empire game as well.

Frankly I could care less if she was or wasnt and glad Lucas Arts didnt allow it. Just there for shock value and doesnt add anything to a game.

The generic run of the mill romances enough, dont need to go future into the subject. KotOR didnt lose any of its appeal or drive with out having a gay option.

Frankly I could care less if she was or wasnt and glad Lucas Arts didnt allow it. Just there for shock value and doesnt add anything to a game.

:huh: How is it "shock value"? If so many people are interested, and ummm there are some gamers that would prefer a lesbian option to Carth, so why does it not add anything to the game? Also it is in the game... I have only got it to work once.

Killing Juhani makes Belaya go Sithy?

Interesting. :dancing:

Edited by Purgatorio

S.A.S.I.S.P.G.M.D.G.S.M.B.

I'm thinking these developers underestimate our shock-titude.

Since most of the complaints I hear about any kind of content that's on an adult level is that it's too watered-down, romances included.

And a lot of games that allow mod-ability usually end up with mods that allow same sex romances, and these mods are made by players.

Besides all that; I don't normally play same sex romances, but if I did, I still wouldn't go after Juhani, because she's butt fugly.

Sorry, all you Juhani lovers :D but it's so true.

All I have to say is, Juhani sucks! She was a weak, inferior, annoying, boring, ugly piece of crap! It should have been made compulsory to kill her on Dantooine. I certainly never spared that freak! Well, I did once though, just to try something different. Just thought I might share my thoughts on Juhani.

don't hold back now, tell us how you really feel :ermm:

All I have to say is, Juhani sucks! She was a weak, inferior, annoying, boring, ugly piece of crap! It should have been made compulsory to kill her on Dantooine. I certainly never spared that freak! Well, I did once though, just to try something different. Just thought I might share my thoughts on Juhani.

don't hold back now, tell us how you really feel :p

yeah :huh:

A coward dies a thousand deaths but a soulja dies one~ 2Pac

Guest The Architect
All I have to say is, Juhani sucks! She was a weak, inferior, annoying, boring, ugly piece of crap! It should have been made compulsory to kill her on Dantooine. I only spared her one time, just to try something different. Just thought I might share my thoughts on Juhani.

don't hold back now, tell us how you really feel :p

yeah :(

I did. I said what I thought of Juhani. I deleted the post now though, as the wording of it was stupid and it wasn't necessary for me to share my thoughts on Juhani's character, but I did anyway. Meh, so what? :p

There was romance in KotOR2 people.

Play a male Exile (as intended) and you go through a whole story with Handmaiden that builds the romance up until the climax near the end when she thinks your dead and tries to avenge you (giving you a actual reason to return to Telos (makeing the story make sence) unlike when you play a female exile).

With Visas its much shorter but you get the end pay off of the force sharing which SYMBOLIZES having sex with her.

And the jealousy scene between Visas and Handmaiden also makes PERFECT sence (as per the storyline) unlike the jealousy scene when you play a female exile.

There is no love story with Mira but there is good back and forth banter (again if you play male exile).

The stories are there, just play game as designed (male exile) and follow all the conversations to their natural and logical conclusions.

Coukd they have been better? Definately, its obvious ALOT was cut from the game sadly but there is still romance there if you play the game as obviously intended (designed) to be played.

Its no different then KotOR 1 in this fashion, the main logical story was written with a male main character in mind and the female option was added in afterwards and doesnt always match up prefectly to the story being told.

"(giving you a actual reason to return to Telos(making story make sence) unlike when you play a Female)"

That is not logical, how is it not something a female Exile would do? Didn't the Handmaidens take Kriea to Telos? Wasn't Atris trying to be a Sith? There are other reasons, but they don't matter after those two.

"With Visas its much shorter but you get the end pay off of the force sharing which SYMBOLIZES having sex with her."

Now that's quite an imaginative interpretation. Are Miraluka beings of such strangeness that they can have sex sitting apart from each other on the floor? You could even interpret the "Looking upon" to mean that she wanted to see what the Handmaiden sees.

"And the jealousy scene between Visas and Handmaiden also makes PERFECT sence (as per the storyline) unlike the jealousy scene when you play a female exile."

I think you have this problem where you say something makes sense, but don't say why, which doesn't support your argument at all. For example Atton wouldn't be jealous of Disciple, because he doesn't think he's a usurper pretty boy...

"The stories are there, just play game as designed (male exile) and follow all the conversations to their natural and logical conclusions'

Well how can I argue against such logic? It would appear that I don't need to.

Edited by Purgatorio

Juhani is the strongest party NPC in KotoR1. Killing her is therefore utterly stupid. :dancing:

All you have to do is giving her twoweapon and max out her Power Attack. Additionally Speed, Force Immunity, Energy Resistance, and Plague (the later has no DC, thats why its good for Juhani). After that she's da killa ! :aiee:

Only the protagonist himself (or herself) is even more powerful (if you build him right).

Play a male Exile (as intended) and you go through a whole story with Handmaiden that builds the romance up until the climax near the end when she thinks your dead and tries to avenge you (giving you a actual reason to return to Telos (makeing the story make sence) unlike when you play a female exile).

With Visas its much shorter but you get the end pay off of the force sharing which SYMBOLIZES having sex with her.

And the jealousy scene between Visas and Handmaiden also makes PERFECT sence (as per the storyline) unlike the jealousy scene when you play a female exile.

There is no love story with Mira but there is good back and forth banter (again if you play male exile).

The stories are there, just play game as designed (male exile) and follow all the conversations to their natural and logical conclusions.

Coukd they have been better? Definately, its obvious ALOT was cut from the game sadly but there is still romance there if you play the game as obviously intended (designed) to be played.

Its no different then KotOR 1 in this fashion, the main logical story was written with a male main character in mind and the female option was added in afterwards and doesnt always match up prefectly to the story being told.

"(giving you a actual reason to return to Telos(making story make sence) unlike when you play a Female)"

That is not logical, how is it not something a female Exile would do? Didn't the Handmaidens take Kriea to Telos? Wasn't Atris trying to be a Sith? There are other reasons, but they don't matter after those two.

"With Visas its much shorter but you get the end pay off of the force sharing which SYMBOLIZES having sex with her."

Now that's quite an imaginative interpretation. Are Miraluka beings of such strangeness that they can have sex sitting apart from each other on the floor? You could even interpret the "Looking upon" to mean that she wanted to see what the Handmaiden sees.

"And the jealousy scene between Visas and Handmaiden also makes PERFECT sence (as per the storyline) unlike the jealousy scene when you play a female exile."

I think you have this problem where you say something makes sense, but don't say why, which doesn't support your argument at all. For example Atton wouldn't be jealous of Disciple, because he doesn't think he's a usurper pretty boy...

"The stories are there, just play game as designed (male exile) and follow all the conversations to their natural and logical conclusions'

Well how can I argue against such logic? It would appear that I don't need to.

LMAO

Okay, your only reasons for playing a male exile are because...there's romances? That are just as fragmented as the other two romances? From what I know there's a cut sound clip of Atton's death/or leaving Malachor with the Exile that's pretty poignant. Are there any for Visas or Handmaiden? Exactly. Go bugger yourself.

And yeah, I'm thinking the "force sex" theory is just some male wishful thinking :lol:

Once again this is "Star Wars" not a Romance title, lets not forget that in many interviews with Lucas and other important figures all of which never want to get to involved with romantic plots or scenes. Lets just keep the romance on the lesser scale and focus more on the storyline and other major plots. There's nothing wrong with a little romance but we ought to keep it on a lower profile, just as Han said "Dont get all mushy on me"

Use your aggressive feelings...let the hate flow through you.

Once again this is "Star Wars" not a Romance title, lets not forget that in many interviews with Lucas and other important figures all of which never want to get to involved with romantic plots or scenes. Lets just keep the romance on the lesser scale and focus more on the storyline and other major plots. There's nothing wrong with a little romance but we ought to keep it on a lower profile,  just as Han said "Dont get all mushy on me"

you know, no matter how many people try to downscale romances, it never changes the fact that if you took the romance out of the Star Wars movies (espeically Han and Leia) that it would just make the whole story lesser, somehow. In fact, that kind of applies to anything, game/movie/book etc, if it's done right and believable.

Fact of the matter is, romance is important. You can't hide from it. It's in everything, and it's a part of everyone's lives, and it's the whole reason why anyone would want to save a galaxy, anyway. I don't understand how people can say that romances aren't important, when the simple fact of it existing between two characters can change the entire direction, plot, and outcome of the story.

Come on, don't be scared :wub: They're just feelings. I know they're harder for your shrunken little hearts to deal with than C++, my dear game developers, but some of us gamers happen to be human, too.

Once again this is "Star Wars" not a Romance title, lets not forget that in many interviews with Lucas and other important figures all of which never want to get to involved with romantic plots or scenes. Lets just keep the romance on the lesser scale and focus more on the storyline and other major plots. There's nothing wrong with a little romance but we ought to keep it on a lower profile,  just as Han said "Dont get all mushy on me"

some of us gamers happen to be human, too.

That is the one part of your post that makes me a little concerned. :thumbsup:

"The dimmest light can shatter the darkest night, and the light I carry is in no way dim."

benjamin1kn.jpg

I like romances between characters in games, if the resultant "emotional quandries" affect the game in some interesting way, even a minor way. Example, the supposed cut Atton stuff where depending on if you favored him or Disciple, he'd turn on you/side w/Kreia etc.

But I'm not into romance purely for the sake of mushy kissy romance or graphic titilation factor in games, if that makes any sense.

P.S. The notion that the game was "meant to be played" as a male is a bit silly, imo...but each their own as they say. :thumbsup:

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

You're joking, right?

You DO realize that one particular romance changed the course of the galaxy, don't you?

LOL ! Adds *nothing* to the game ?

In the process of removing her romance, Juhani was obviously stripped of a TON of dialogue about the nature of the force etc. They are even still in the datafiles, even if they cannot be heard in the game.

And Juhani herself... she hardly talks now.

Mandalore.

Quoted for truth. While Mandalore's character certainly isn't that of a romantic, he has a lot of respect for Revan (and a bit for the Exile). Shouldn't have been too big a deal to push that respect past the turning point and make it a romance. Besides, I've seen their base on Dxun. He's not getting anything there.

Exactly, but we don't know for certain that he's not getting any on Dxun. :shifty:

Play a male Exile (as intended) SNIP!

Bloody hell...SNIP!

LMAO

Okay, your only reasons for playing a male exile are because...there's romances? That are just as fragmented as the other two romances? From what I know there's a cut sound clip of Atton's death/or leaving Malachor with the Exile that's pretty poignant. Are there any for Visas or Handmaiden? Exactly. Go bugger yourself.

And yeah, I'm thinking the "force sex" theory is just some male wishful thinking :)

ROFL

^_^

I found the "looking upon" to be less icky than it would be if it was.

How many Jedi have fallen to the Darkside because of passion?

Edited by Purgatorio

Mandalore.

Quoted for truth. While Mandalore's character certainly isn't that of a romantic, he has a lot of respect for Revan (and a bit for the Exile). Shouldn't have been too big a deal to push that respect past the turning point and make it a romance. Besides, I've seen their base on Dxun. He's not getting anything there.

Exactly, but we don't know for certain that he's not getting any on Dxun. :brows:

Yeah, mandalorians are spartan in space, so who knows :brows:

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)