How to fix Power Attack in NWN2

roshan

On nwn2news, I read a statement by JE where he said that Obsidian didnt want the power attack button to turn on right away because power attack would not turn on until the end of the round, so that would be giving wrong information to the user. They were considering adding it to the queue instead.

I think that the best solution is to have two colors for the power attack button. Currently, it flashes yellow when turned on. Obsidian could let the button flash green (or whatever colour they choose) when clicked and then yellow when it actually starts working.

Is this possible?

What's wrong with put-on-queue solution? Furhtermore, right now you get the yellow glow when you click it (to say you clicked it), then the float words when the actual activation occurs.

I don't think there's any problem with that stuff, the only problem is that for some people it doesn't turn on at the end of the round or deactivates randomly.

...the only problem is that for some people it doesn't turn on at the end of the round or deactivates randomly.

And one hell of a pain in the ass problem it is. Here's hoping Obsidian fixes it.

I use defensive casting a lot more than power attack, and it likes to pick and choose when to actually activate in combat (which would make immediate feedback about its activation nice, so you don't have to sit and wait till the end of the round to see whether the key stroke registered or not), then toggles off within a few rounds. The activation issues in combat wouldn't even be so bad if the damn thing would just stay on.