Did you play SWG?

NGE? :( Neo- I mean New Galactic Empire or...? :mellow:

In other words: What is it? Gaming company?

N-ew G-ame(ing) E-xperince, its basicly the name of the current build of Star Wars: Galaxies an Empire Devided. Pre-Cu > Cu > Nge

Jedi Master Altena Windwalker

Pub 9 Elder Jedi, Star Wars Galaxies: Nurf of the Jedi

"We are oft to blame in this--'tis too much proved. --that with devotion's visage and pious action...we do suger o'er the devil himself. " - V

"Spelling errors in my post, oh noes! I'm Japanese and English is not primery language plus I'm dyslexic.

Oh, thanks for info :(

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

NGE was a last ditch effort by SOE to make SWG popular.

Fact that older players (I played from beta as well) dont like to admit is SWG had lost so many subscribers because of things like CU it was about to close.

NGE was needed to attract interest.

For every old time whiner that left, 2 new players tried the game, so on that front the NGE was a success.

SWG was just poorly designed from word go, it was designed to be UO in space with a Star Wars shell and that was its first mistake.

If SOE had actually designed it (as people that didnt know what they were talking about refered to it) "EQ in space" it would probably have a larger following to this day as the EQ mechanics far out do the UO mechanics that were used in the game.

The game had many faults but cheif among those was the arrogent and ego driven attitudes of long time players. Check out Athenas posts for a insite into that ego driven garbage.

Some where along the lines these players desided that people having fun in the game was to only be allowed after years of grinding and lord forbid anyone playing a jedi because that was their (older players) right ONLY.

If you read the SWG boards now adays you will see the BIGGEST WHINE FEST found on the net. Threads of "WHAAAAAAA, so and so that only played 6 months is a as powerful as me and I suck at tactics" are common place from the older players. Its really quite pathetic to be honest!

NGE weakened the Jedi classes from being all powerful to equal as any other class for balance and allowed it to be a starter proffession so ALL (rather then a select few) could experience and enjoy the class. Older players hated this idea because they feel they should be the only jedi and lost their power advantage that clearly showed they could only win a fight with a insane power advantage. When all things are equal they failed and went to the boards to whine and complain like little children.

NGE also removed Creature Handlers that had no place in Star Wars and were only there because it was a popular class in UO. This drove the power gamers crazy, now they couldnt have a pet fight for them and again had to rely on their OWN skill as a player (which they sucked at).

I still hold out hope anouther Star Wars MMORPG will be made but made right this time. I could see a game like DAOC being given a Star Wars shell and being hugely popular because of the PVP and adventure. The old time SWG players would hate it but they hate anything that doesnt hand them a power advantage over others. Sucks to be them but Alpha classes in a MMORPG just dont work thruth be told.

NGE didnt kill SWG, the CU did far more damage then the NGE did. But in the end, what truely will kill SWG is its players. They whine so much no one can enjoy themselves even if they enjoy the game.

NGE was a last ditch effort by SOE to make SWG popular.

Um... Yeah. The problem is that it's not wise to make such huge changes to a game. Especially changes like the NGE which practically change SWG from an RPG to a wanna be FPS.

Fact that older players (I played from beta as well) dont like to admit is SWG had lost so many subscribers because of things like CU it was about to close.

NGE was needed to attract interest.

They lost subscribers because they failed at fixing all the bugs and balance issues. The "older players" were VERY aware of the fact that things needed to be fixed.

The game had many faults but cheif among those was the arrogent and ego driven attitudes of long time players. Check out Athenas posts for a insite into that ego driven garbage.

Some where along the lines these players desided that people having fun in the game was to only be allowed after years of grinding and lord forbid anyone playing a jedi because that was their (older players) right ONLY.

If you read the SWG boards now adays you will see the BIGGEST WHINE FEST found on the net. Threads of "WHAAAAAAA, so and so that only played 6 months is a as powerful as me and I suck at tactics" are common place from the older players. Its really quite pathetic to be honest!

NGE weakened the Jedi classes from being all powerful to equal as any other class for balance and allowed it to be a starter proffession so ALL (rather then a select few) could experience and enjoy the class. Older players hated this idea because they feel they should be the only jedi and lost their power advantage that clearly showed they could only win a fight with a insane power advantage. When all things are equal they failed and went to the boards to whine and complain like little children.

This is such a load of crap. First of all, most all of the old time players I knew didn't even have a jedi. The players who had jedi were the minority. In my opinion, Jedi should have never been in the game to begin with. The first jedi were game breaking due to their power and the NGE brought too many jedi for the time period that the game was supposed to take place in. Besides, what's the point of being a jedi who is weaker than half of the other classes in the game?

The original premise of the game was "living in the Star Wars Galaxies" and really had nothing to do with jedi.

NGE also removed Creature Handlers that had no place in Star Wars and were only there because it was a popular class in UO. This drove the power gamers crazy, now they couldnt have a pet fight for them and again had to rely on their OWN skill as a player (which they sucked at).

Once again you don't have a clue. CH's were over powered in the beginning and were nerfed. They lost their uber power long before the NGE arrived. SOE removed them because they didn't want to have one more class to have to balance with the new NGE.

The old time SWG players would hate it but they hate anything that doesnt hand them a power advantage over others. Sucks to be them but Alpha classes in a MMORPG just dont work thruth be told.

Typical words from a jealous new comer who equates the jedi class with all of the older players. The problem with the new comers is that they wanted to immediately be as tough as the players who had been playing for a year. This doesn't happen in any MMORPG. Not World of Warcraft or any other game I've heard of. There are a lot of people whining in World of Warcraft right now because there are raiding players going into the battle grounds with their uber armor. Basically you will always have lazy players who whine because they can't stand up to someone who actually spent some time gathering armor, weapons and buffs.

NGE didnt kill SWG, the CU did far more damage then the NGE did. But in the end, what truely will kill SWG is its players. They whine so much no one can enjoy themselves even if they enjoy the game.

No, the NGE was just a more feeble attempt to rework the game. As far as I'm concerned the game was dead even before the CU. Most of the players were just sticking around in hopes that SOE would some day get it right. SOE should have stuck with the original SWG and just made minor fixes and balances until they had a working game. You know what the CU and NGE was to SOE? There were attempts to keep some of the player base from leaving by leading them to believe that the game was going to be fixed. SOE is a dishonest company. They have poor customer support and they often lie. The NGE was planned for a long time and wasn't announced until after players bought an expansion which was release nearly at the same time as the NGE.

As far as the Jedi go... The originaly plan was to have perma-death for the jedi. If they died three times the character would be deleted. This would have been the perfect way to keep the Uber Jedi in check and keep them out of sight. But, SOE was afraid to piss off the players who had jedi. Bad mistake because the jedi created a lot of problems with the game. You were right about one thing. The jedi was an alpha class and they really didn't belong in the game. At least not with out something to keep them in check (like permadeath).

You think SWG has a lot of whiners? Ever been to the World of Warcraft forums? Apparently not, because there is a huge amount of whiners there. I think most MMORPG's are like that.

Although I really like the idea of SWG, I:

1 - refuse to pay to play, once i've bought a game, I don't expect to have to

continue to pay in order to actually play it, that just sucks! :crazy:

2 - Don't want a game that is ridden with bugs.

3 - Want a decent atmosphere, no power hungry uber-players who own

against everyone, and no whining beeches who complain about the slightest

little thing. :'( ;)

4 - I don't mind starting with a weaker character so long as there is a way to

level him up through the lower levels quickly, so my character doesn't suck

in terms of his abilities for too long.

5 - As far as being a jedi, well although tempting, been there done that, with

KotOR, the JK series, etc. I would much rather play a bounty hunter or a

duelist. Something a little different (and less preachy, lol)

I like the comments, they remind me of people I have met on sooo many other

boards, although usually with a little variation, but on the same theme (and the

intended punishments rule, lol) :bat:

I played it for a while but with no jedi advancement system like they used to have and lvl 90 cap their is no point expecially with no quest, no players, and crappy stuff. I quit right after mustafar came out When you had to have 8 or 9 people to kill 1 person and their are like 4 on the server i thought it was time to quit

I never had a problem with jedi being able to create i worked for mine i just had a problem with the whole system being taken a way. back when they had the enclaves running it really felt like swg

Edited by jclark1675

Devs went to the darkside when CU hit they were dumb to come out with the cu and the NGE they lost lots of subscribers. They shouldve never let jedi be a starting prof the only reason they did that is to bring ppl into the game and it didn't work. I hearing that ppl are making pre-cu severs :o

Oh, Star Wars: Galaxy. Thank you. I get the picture.

No, I'm not going to play SWG because my dislike to MMORPG never changes.

csicoruscantek4.jpgcsinarshaddaale5.jpg

| RP Fic: Knightfall | RP: Knightfall: The duel between Light and Dark |

Savoir, conqueror, hero, villian...You're all those things...--Emperor Skywalker to CSI, redeemed Darth Nihilus.