1600X900 Screen Resolution

I have looke at different places on the net and haven't found a definitive answer. Does this game support resolutions above 1280x1024?

Tweakguides.com says it does.

The troubleshooting guide with the game talks about ways to get higher resolutions by fiddling with monitor settings.

Is it possible?

what resolutions above 1280x1050 are supported?

1600x900? 1680x1050?

Any ideas why my GEforce 7900 GTX system and Dell 20055FPW wouldnt be able to display them (the game doesn't know the 7900 GTX is good, it says it prefers a card higher than a GeForce 4 ti or better.)

I'd really like to play this game again in it's full glory (the first time I played, I had everything toned down. I want to see everyhing in the best way possible.)

Any help here would be hot

Strange. Am only using an X300 card, and have tried 1024 by 768 resolution, and game seems to run fine. Resolution that you would be looking for that is above what you mentioned would be closest to 1400 by 1050.

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

I've played in 1600x1200, so it does support higher resolutions than 1280, including a few of the non-CRT standard sizes. I think 1600x1200 was the biggest size available in the menu on my computer rig. However, I guess some people have trouble with "widescreen" & Kotor2 - maybe that's what thenatedog is referring to?

Are you using a big LCD monitor with a large native widescreen resolution or something? I don't think "widescreen" was officially supported but you may be able to run it with the black bars on top and bottom sort of thing. Not sure tho - I don't have an LCD to try it on, I still use/luv CRT's... :(

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

it is a widescreen monitor, though i am not looking for a widescreen "mode" just trying to figure out why the highest resolution that appears is 1280x1024. do you think it is because I have an LCD monitor? It doesn't make sense to me, as i can run view the desktop in multiple resolutions with black bars.

I'm assuming you can run other games in higher resolutions and it's not just a monitor resolution limit itself problem. But unfortunately I still don't really know...another frustrated poster made a thread recently on the topic; if you haven't already seen it, there's a couple suggestions in there, and one or two comments that some got it to work.

All I can say myself is an echo of the last post in that thread - maybe it just depends on the monitor.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I take it you have a 20" Widescreen like me then (1680x1050 resolution). The matching 4:3 resolution is 1400x1050, but that is not a "standard" (common) resolution as such - the next closest commonly used res is 1280x1024 on 17"/19" monitors.

(I don't have KotOR installed so can't check the res' I can choose from)

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)