UCLA student tasered by police.

Darth_Onivega

Viva america!

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

What kind of incompetent police force do you guys have anyway.

When someone refuse to stand up here, the police officers just carry him away, they don't ****ing stun him to oblivion.

The guy might also be over doing it, it's hard to tell, but still...

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

Yay for America. <_>

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Bloody hell. Those officers should be fired immediately and charged with aggravated assault.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Eh, the officers didn't handle it well, but it's not like the student was innocent. He was yelling before they tasered him, and still decided to spout off afterwards. It may not be illegal to be disrespectful, but you shouldn't be surprised when you get the crap kicked out of you because of it.

Also, I'm not sure if that was actually a police issue taser gun. I don't know much about them, but the kid was recovering rather quickly. I would guess that it's one of those cattle prod types you can get at the store.

Yea, the cops weren't innocent, but neither was the kid. I mean, it almost seemed like he wasn't getting up on purpose just so that they would taser him and cause a scene.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Eh, the officers didn't handle it well, but it's not like the student was innocent.  He was yelling before they tasered him, and still decided to spout off afterwards.  It may not be illegal to be disrespectful, but you shouldn't be surprised when you get the crap kicked out of you because of it.

Also, I'm not sure if that was actually a police issue taser gun.  I don't know much about them, but the kid was recovering rather quickly.  I would guess that it's one of those cattle prod types you can get at the store.

The aftermath is documented but we don't see why the cops were called - with regards to behaviour of the student. As for the taser, a report stated that it wasn't in "dart mode" where the whole body is paralysed but in "drive stun" mode. This gives a localised effect.

Edited by Surreptishus

http://www.latimes.com/news/printedition/c...s-pe-california

So he "declined" to show his ID because he thought he was being singled out due to race? I'm sorry, but that shows that he's the one bringing race to the table, not the cops. This all comes down to basic respect. Even if he was disrespected, answering back in the same way is just looking for trouble.

It may not be illegal to be disrespectful, but you shouldn't be surprised when you get the crap kicked out of you because of it.

... and that in itself ought to be a good reason never to visit the states. o:)

Make no mistake, I think police officers should be respected (when they act accordingly that is) but showing disrespect in a purely non violent matter doesn't mean you should get your ass kicked. What are you, friggin' Pakistan? Or the land of the free?

Edited by Lucius

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

One of the officers in the video also threatened to taser another student who repeatedly demanded the badge numbers of the officers involved. That is absurd.

At least some of the officers also tried claiming that Tabatabainejad was inciting the other students to resist the officers. There's certainly no evidence of that in the video at any point, and a bunch of students have also come forward to dispute the officers' claims that Tabatabainejad incited resistance at any point.

You gotta be pretty bright to try B.S.ing your way out of something with a video camera and about a hundred hostile witnesses present to create a record of the event.

thepixiesrock, the kid was tasered. Police tasers are pretty strong and I would like to see you try to stand up after getting hit with one. Hell, police tasers have been known to kill a person if hit multiple times.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

So you're saying the kid couldn't get up then? Why didn't he say that he couldn't get up then? He did a lot of screaming at the police officers. He did seem to be in pain while being tasered, but a few seconds later he was right back to yelling and screaming. You've got no idea as to how powerful that taser was. I'm going by what I saw in the video. I'm not going by what I think a taser would be like, because I've got no refference point for that, as I'm assuming you don't also.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Hey, I've already said the officers handled the situation badly. Heck, they deserve suspension and should have to take extra courses on crowd control. But I don't think the kid deserves some reward. He was being a douche, he got tasered. He doesn't deserve some lawsuit money, and the officers only deserve to lose their jobs if this sort of incident is commonplace for them. Police officers are human, they'll make mistakes, but this was not a very bad one.

There's mistakes then there's garbage like that. They should be FRIED. If someone attacks you verbally that doesn't give the right to attackl them physically. Police or no police. They are scumbags. However, it's too bad bigots in this thread took this opppurntunity to attack an entire country. That's almost as disgusting. not quite 'cause at least it wans't physical. And, yeah, in this case, he should sue them.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I'm conflicted, on the one hand I hate pigs, but on the other someone from California got tazered.

It's a draw.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Hey, I've already said the officers handled the situation badly.  Heck, they deserve suspension and should have to take extra courses on crowd control.  But I don't think the kid deserves some reward.  He was being a douche, he got tasered.  He doesn't deserve some lawsuit money, and the officers only deserve to lose their jobs if this sort of incident is commonplace for them.  Police officers are human, they'll make mistakes, but this was not a very bad one.

I don't know if I'd go that far. So far as I understand the situation, the kid was using standard non-violent resistance methods (going limp, etc.) often used by protesters. It's certainly better than throwing rocks. The tasering was about as called for and appropriate as using attack dogs and clubs on civil-rights era marchers.

The fact that there was only one of him and he was potentially goading them is irrelevant, they showed irresponsibility that should cost them their jobs. They made a mistake, but one that wasn't out of acceptable negligence. This wasn't negligence, this was dangerous stupidity. Hell, I wonder what they'd do to somebody who actually resisted them.

When you get older those who tazer dumb college kids might become your heroes

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Good god...that was.....fun to watch. :lol:

I'm in the abuse of power crowd on this one. The guy was on his knees, in hand cuffs, clearly not a threat....and he gets tasered.

For Pixies:

A person hit with an ADVANCED TASER will feel dazed for several seconds. Recovery is fast and the effects stop the very instant that the M26 shuts off. Some will experience critical response amnesia and others will experience tingling sensations afterwards. The pulsating electrical output causes involuntary muscle contractions and a resulting sense of vertigo. It can momentarily stun or render immobilized. Yet, the ADVANCED TASER
Edited by LoneWolf16

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

That was absolutely retarded.

They could possibly have justified the first tazering by saying they were trying to stop him leaving - which they could have done with 3 police officers' muscles vs one student - but they threaten to taser him again, refuse to give badge info, threaten everybody else. Looks more like a hold-up by thugs than by police officers. :lol:

Refraining from making any blanket statements about the police force in general, I think it woudl be a damn shame if these guys weren't fired or at least put in deep stir fry for a while. The problem is that sometimes the only way to expose corruption, wrongdoing or incompetence is by things like this; but most people know that even if you get tasered for your troubles, nothing may change. So there's no payoff to you for going to the trouble to expose wrongdoing in our society - so people just ignore it and try not to be bothered.

That's the part that makes me sad.

When you get older those who tazer dumb college kids might become your heroes

That's a pretty stupid statement.

I'm usually on the side of the police over here, and I'm amazed as to how the law "allows" protestors to throw bricks at the police, who appears like they just have to suck it up, however they have a highly effective crowd control system, perhaps the police in california can learn a thing or two. :D

Also, I didn't mean to generalize your entire police force earlier, it's just I've seen some very bad videos of some LAPD officers recently.

Edited by Lucius

DENMARK!