Have a go

Walsingham

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/wear/6158416.stm

Looks like two schoolboys acted remarkably sensibly and bravely, tracking a drunken rapist and gathering additional forces before closing and conducting a citizens arrest.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Good to see some people actually doing something in that situation.

Though the sentence was a little light for my tastes, considering the crimes.

Edited by LoneWolf16

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

It may be that Lonewolf is referring to the minimum sentence of 6 years. I would share his sentiment in that it does seem an awfully short time for possibility of parole, even if the possibility is slight.

However, given Lonewolf's previous views on crime and punishment it's more likely he'd be in favour of a punishment similar to that which is described by ast0creep.

I would have the guy castrated. Without the extra hormones coursing through him, he'd be far less dangerous. It would also prevent him fathering children in the future, a right he gave up with his first attack.

I feel terrible for the woman. I deal with mild depression daily and that's bad enough, I can only begin to imagine what she must be going through. Those emotional scars will be with her for the rest of her life.

Edited by Wistrik

It may be that Lonewolf is referring to the minimum sentence of 6 years. I would share his sentiment in that it does seem an awfully short time for possibility of parole, even if the possibility is slight.

Bingo.

However, given Lonewolf's previous views on crime and punishment it's more likely he'd be in favour of a punishment similar to that which is described by ast0creep.

You remembered. :'(

And.....ok, yeah, I'd like the guy to be beaten to a fine, mushy pulp. But in prison, he'll find out what it's like to be on the receiving end, real quickly.

Edited by LoneWolf16

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

It's been proven that castration has absolutely no effect on rapists. The problem is not homonal, it's psychological, it's about domination and being a frakking animal.

Same with child molesters. They've even tried emasculation on some to no effect.

No offensive weaponry left for assaulting, though, which is a positive ... along with the genuine deterrent that it embodies (pun intended). :(

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

It's been proven that castration has absolutely no effect on rapists. The problem is not homonal, it's psychological, it's about domination and being a frakking animal.

Same with child molesters. They've even tried emasculation on some to no effect.

No offensive weaponry left for assaulting, though, which is a positive ... along with the genuine deterrent that it embodies (pun intended). :unsure:

Not really. Sexual assault can occur sans ****, and molestation / assault is as much a pathological problem as it is a sexual problem. The problem of sexual violence isn't solved by removing ****, that would indicate that the problem is ****, and it isn't. That's like saying the problem with murder is guns, when the problem with murder is that one person wants to kill another. Removing guns might alleviate murder somewhat, and removing **** might alleviate rape and molestation somewhat, but the instrument of the crime is not the root of the crime. The problem isn't that men aim to use their parts inappropriately, but that they're willing to harm others and violate their rights, and that can't be remedied simply through castration.

And therein you run into another dilemma with castration, the same dilemma you run into with capital punishment, that of permanence and severity. Suppose we castrated a convicted rapist who was later exonerated thoroughly through DNA evidence. We've greatly wronged that person, obviously, but the nature of our punishment is permanent. It's difficult to accept a punishment that can be applied unjustly but can't be corrected (the US constitution would define such punishment as cruel & unusual). Given that mistakes are made, imprisonment is a better option. Besides, I don't even want castrated rapists to be members of my community.

Edited by Pop

Looks like two schoolboys acted remarkably sensibly and bravely, tracking a drunken rapist and gathering additional forces before closing and conducting a citizens arrest.

It would have been a shame if the rapist "fell" on the ground multiple times while evading the schoolboys. It's amazing when "falling" down so many times resulted in broken ribs, a broken nose, bruised and bloody face. Oppsy looks like he fell on some broken glass castrating himself.

All of this before the cops got there. :unsure:

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

They acted like true knights. More people have to act like that, and the world has a chance to become a better place to live in. ^_^

IB1OsQq.png

No no no, true knights would have raised a hundradefloc and then went bargin in with zweihanders.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I think that lobotomy would be the best solution for serial rapists. They would be able to perform simple work like cleaning etc. so they could hold a job to support and not be a weight on society, but they would become completely pacified by the procedure.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I don't think anyone who regrets should be lobotomized, but yeah, just carcerating them isn't really the best final solution.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

We don't really have a solution to rapists. I don't believe in capital punishment, but just locking them up only costs a lot of money and doesn't really solve any problems (except for a time limited period). There's no treatment to cure a rapist either, so they definitely shouldn't be out and about in society.

Perhaps send them all to a remote, heavily guarded island, where they can rape and molest each other all day long without any hopes of ever getting back onto the mainland/society? :-)

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Or Mars.

We so need a colony that can revolt.

kirottu said:

You people are ridiculous.

"Yeah, let's rape him with dogs!"

"Let's castrate him!"

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

"Let's castrate him!"

There's a dichotomy between the ethical legitimacy of retributive justice and the feasability of its implementation. Of course a rapist deserves to have his balls ripped off. If you're arguing against that then you're fighting a losing battle. Surely someone who commits such a heinous crime is removed from the consideration we would put on the rest of humanity. The only reason we don't rape rapists is because there's always the possibility of innocence.

Edited by Pop

"Let's castrate him!"

There's a dichotomy between the ethical legitimacy of retributive justice and the feasability of its implementation. Of course a rapist deserves to have his balls ripped off. If you're arguing against that then you're fighting a losing battle. Surely someone who commits such a heinous crime is removed from the consideration we would put on the rest of humanity. The only reason we don't rape rapists is because there's always the possibility of innocence.

I am not going to argue against it, because it's just my opinion, I mean, you said that as if it was true or something. I mean, it's completely opinion based. In my opinion, a rapist doesn't deserve to have his balls ripped off. Just because I don't share the same veiw as you doesn't mean it's wrong. Of course it's a losing battle, because it's all just based on what your personal veiw of the world is. It's not like we can come up with some sort of well defined universally excepted right answer. I mean, how do you think either one of us would go about arguing this? There isn't anything but opinion that we can cite. It's a moral question. And you're wrong about the reason being that there is a possibility of innocence. We don't do that sort of thing now, because it's extreme, and could be seen as going too far, because it would be like commiting a sexual crime against the convict. Our society isn't built off of that sort of justice system.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Here I was actually expecting reason, and all I get is an appeal to relativism. Tsk.

Moral questions are not opinion-based. The desire to punish criminals is an incredibly reasonable one. The concept of a convict being a victim of crimes perpetrated by the state is invalid if we consider that by violating the law, he has removed himself from the law's protections. If he is guilty of the crime, it is not unreasonable to demand that he not be protected from that crime. He has asserted that he cannot regard others' rights, and thus he himself has no rights.