Go Camping for a PS3!

Setzer

The launch of the PS3 has come by swiftly and has ended on a very negative note, and the launch of the Wii was just a day away. The PS3's launch was littered with violence and robbery. Those fortunate folks who do have the system either sold it on eBay, or chose to keep it instead, which is the real purpose for buying it. What I find most annoying and perhaps disturbing is that you have loads of people who pre-order these systems, and loads of people buy the systems, only to sell it online for four times the price, when you have those unfortunate with not much money having to wait a little while longer than those who bought it first and are selling it for a higher profit on eBay. That is simply unfair to those who want a PS3, and either have to wait for it, or resort to spending most of their cash online.

Personally, I think there should be some compensation for those who pre-ordered the PS3 to actually PLAY it and enjoy it rather than sell it online and further deprive future owners of the system. Thats what happened with the 360 last year. I didn't expect it with Nintendo seeing as the system is only 250$ and Nintendo had shipped a large number of Wii to North America first, and the fanbase is smaller, so I don't expect too much from that. Sony and Microsoft have to learn, and I think there should be some obiding agreement between them and their consumers that if you're going to buy a system, it should be because you want to play it, because in the end, the unfortunate consumers have nothing, Sony and Microsoft lose money, and the greedy buyers sell it online far too much. Perhaps thats a bit limiting, but there is too much chaos that comes with this.

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

As far as "flipping" PS3s for profit what you propose is idealistic nonsense.

Its anyone's right to do what they want with their own possessions. Eat it, sit on it, smash it or sell it at an inflated price. If someone is willing to pay four times the price then that is fair enough.

As for those people that cannot afford a PS3? Who cares? Its not a necessity item anyway.

Right, so how are you going to regulate this?

Don't offload everything on the poor government... people shouldn't be so stupid as to pay $2000 for a PS3, period. It's a stupid, retarded thing to do, so if they learn how to manage their money better, then there will be no problem.

Edited by Tigranes

The IRS can apply a list of nine indicators that might prove whether someone's online auctions amount to a business. These indicators include evidence that the taxpayer depends on the income, acts in a businesslike manner, or puts enough time and effort into the activity to suggest a profit motive.
Fooden said the difference between a hobby and a business can often be the seller's intent.
"People have a feeling that they're selling on eBay, they're not a business. It's not true. If you are selling and making a profit, you have to declare it."

http://www.wired.com/news/ebiz/0,1272,67035,00.html