Zune vs iPod: The Battle Beginz0r!1

jaguars4ever

Here's a fairly thorough review on the MS' new iPod wannabe:

http://money.cnn.com/popups/2006/fortune/z...ex.html?cnn=yes

Hey - it sounds like it can have potential...eventually. But it looks like they pulled another XBOX 360 by sacrificing hardware (and in this case software too!) for the Christmas rush.

I do like that sexy screen though.

manthing2.jpg

Microsoft, however, just jumps on the bandwagon in every part of tech market to bite a chunk of everything (search technology, media players, virtualization, social networking, video game consoles). Seems like another "me too" product.

And it wouldn't be half as annoying if their stuff, you know...didn't suck.

manthing2.jpg

DRM, DRM ,DRM. I hate it, i have it, i hate it.

I'm glad there are sites where i can still get pure MP3's without DRM tacked on. That way i actually own my own music, not just renting it.

In case you haven't seen it already, you may find this website interesting. I believe the initiative was launched this month, and they have already managed to get the RIAA all panicky and screaming foul. Way to go! :)

Microsoft, however, just jumps on the bandwagon in every part of tech market to bite a chunk of everything (search technology, media players, virtualization, social networking, video game consoles). Seems like another "me too" product.

And it wouldn't be half as annoying if their stuff, you know...didn't suck.

Still, it can work: look at, say, their Project Management application (imaginitively called Project): it started as a easy-to-use featureless toy that sold for almost nothing, and then (via six version iterations) eventually overtook the (originally) much better and entrenched market-leader Computer Associates product.

That's when they get it right.

Otherwise there is MSN Messenger or their Search, as counter-examples ...

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I never use MSN, mainly because it is full of ads and crap I don't need.

But I believe Zune can be something good, even though the name sounds so silly in Swedish like you wouldn't believe.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

For my money, the 8GB Nano can't be beat.

Can't you get a 30 gig ipod or Creative M Vision for $50 bucks more though?

I thought 6 gigs were going to be enough for me.... It was until my library increased 10X

Now i have Lectures, podcasts, books on it. just over 20 gigs of listening stuff in my itunes folder.

By the way, dont get music from iTunes! :(

Always outnumbered, never out gunned!

Unreal Tournament 2004 Handle:Enlight_2.0

Myspace Website!

My rig