Pictures of your games...

Darque

To think she has only two levels in fighter. The rest is wizard/ pale master. She averages 25-28 typical damage with that scythe. I didn't build her as a fighter, imagine if I did.  :(

Not bad at all. :p What kind of bonuses do you have to damage on that thing?

Attack bonus +20/+15.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

I barfed on my screen!

post-1750-1164344336_thumb.jpg

It looks more like you sneezed on it.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Each patch is a step closer to perfection.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Depends on your computer I suppose. My computer eats spell battles for lunch, but lags when rendering the scenery. Go figure. At least I don't have to worry about my fps dipping every time there's combat.

Internals = pixel bump-mapping

Scenery = vertex shading, so you need more vertex pipes! :thumbsup:

NWN 2 w/ 1.03 beta

It's a pity that we can't download an 8800 as part of the patch ... :)"

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Ah, well I've got an 8800GTX lined up as part of a new upgrade I'm planning, so I'll have plenty o' vertex pipes soon enough. It'll be nice to run the game at a modern resolution for a change. (1024x768 is amost two decades old, and I didn't buy a 21" widescreen only to play newer games at that old resolution.)

Bokishi's picture gives me hope. Might not seem like much to some, but I want to be able to run with all visuals enabled.

Chain mail is a loose armor of sorts, so it shouldn't look painted on, which is more obvious on female characters. The game even stretches the links and makes it look a tad unrealistic. It'd be nice if the armor actually rendered over the character's body, rather than being an alternate skin texture.

Chain mail is a loose armor of sorts, so it shouldn't look painted on, which is more obvious on female characters. The game even stretches the links and makes it look a tad unrealistic. It'd be nice if the armor actually rendered over the character's body, rather than being an alternate skin texture.

:bat:

It's not chain mail, but the amazing Lycra Mail... :)

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Here is my beautiful druid with 4xAA in the new patch. She's wearing elven chain armor, which doesn't look any better at 1680x1050 than it does at 1024x768. For that matter, none of the textures do, though distant object details render better. My character is standing next to her wielding the Gem Sword. The AA makes her eyes look much better, and even helps a bit with the teeth showing through the gap in her lips, but it'll take a model tweak to make the glitch go away completely. (Happens with all characters who speak.)

My FPS is up about 25% but that's all. The AMDXP version of the EXE runs about half the FPS of the normal one now, which is a complete reversal. I still have to run with Low Shadows and no water effects in order to keep my framerate at an enjoyable 15-20 FPS. (Any less and things get choppy as I wander around.)

It's going to take a hardware upgrade to make this thing run any better, I fear. But that's okay because I've got other games that will benefit from an upgrade, and I imagine Dragon Age will require even better hardware than NWN2 does.

Oh, by the way, here is a copy of the sword UTC file that will allow the patch to install normally, without you having to re-install the game. I got it from someone at the Bioware forum and verified that it works. (I also scanned it with AVG to be safe.)

Edited by Wistrik

Sword UTC? :-

For some people when they tried to install the 1.03 beta patch the patcher would stop at that file claiming that it is different than the one that it's supposed to be looking for. The end result was that the patching process would fail. The file provided above is I assume a copy from a brand new install and so would be what the patcher is looking for.

Sword UTC? :-

For some people when they tried to install the 1.03 beta patch the patcher would stop at that file claiming that it is different than the one that it's supposed to be looking for. The end result was that the patching process would fail. The file provided above is I assume a copy from a brand new install and so would be what the patcher is looking for.

Aye, I used 'sword' to paraphrase the rather lengthy filename of "c_silver_sword_attack.utc". It goes into your main NWN2 folders like so (for my default install)...

c:\program files\atari\neverwinter nights 2\campaigns\neverwinter nights 2 campaign