What are you playing now?

Darque

^Bovine intervention ftw! :D

Rise of Persia

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

FFXII

And it's teh awesome!1

The battle system is like revolutionary for a JRPG.  Instead of the fighting being tedious drudgery, I'm actually enjoying it - and looking forward to the battles in fact!

Yup. Being able to cover massive chunks of gameplay with just the left analogue is so awesome... [/sarcasm]

Wisty... PLAY DEUS EX! The first one... not the :shudder: second one that got turned into XBox fodder.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

FFXII

And it's teh awesome!1

The battle system is like revolutionary for a JRPG.  Instead of the fighting being tedious drudgery, I'm actually enjoying it - and looking forward to the battles in fact!

Yup. Being able to cover massive chunks of gameplay with just the left analogue is so awesome... [/sarcasm]

What's your frame of comparison?

After all, it's all relative. If you compare the fighting to some of the great CRPGs, then it falls short. But if you accept JRPG combat for what it is, and compare FFXII combat to that, then I think you'll find that it's a winner.

No random battles. No battle transition screen. That epitomizes awesomeness for a JRPG.

But then again, for some people I guess there's no accounting for taste. :bat:

manthing2.jpg

SiN: Emergence

The game is absolutely insane on the higher difficulty levels... Real test for FPS fanatics.

I am also still playing the original SiN - it was a real shame this game came out at the same time as HL - it is well driven plot/action FPS. Emergence looks awesome. I just hope Ritual will be able to keep to its Episode instalment hope :?

SiN is dead dead dead dead dead. At least for Ritual. They're off making "casual" games, which I can only assume means they'll become a Wii developing house.

I love bearing bad news!

*edit - I didn't realize that the N in SiN is capitalized. Fx3d!

Edited by Pop

Possible, but I think unlikely. What reason would there be to scrap it? Finish the current project and then work on these so called "casual" games. It's one thing to scrap plans for future episodes after the first wasn't well received, another thing to scrap an in development game that for all they know could be the next big thing.

Depends on how far along they were in development. For all they know, the game could be the next big bust. If MumboJumbo wanted to shift focus to the "casual" games because they felt that there'd be greater potential for ROI, then in their minds it'd make sense to do so.

Surely Episode 2 was already in development. What reason would there be to scrap it, especially seeing as the required amount and time and investment to finish it would be less than one big game. This would allow them to quickly gain revenue, while minimizing the transition time to these casual games.

With the benefit of hindsight, since Episode 1 wasn't well received, it's probably a good thing for both parties involved that they didn't work on the one big game. Sure would be a kick in the teeth for MumboJumbo and Relic to lose money on that.

Surely Episode 2 was already in development.  What reason would there be to scrap it

It would require they keep their plans to shift focus a secret. Episode 2 was due around about now, and it may well have been in a near finished state, but it would be a pretty ****ty thing to do to release the next chapter when you know you aren't going to be doing any more.

Such news would likely get out anyway, which could hurt sales with people not wanting to support the product when they'll never get the other chapters, and ultimately that would make for a bad reputation.

What the hell is a casual game? Something I play for a few minutes while taking a poo?

This must be opposed to a formal game like um one that is in a tuxedo or something.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

It's another sad day for the capital of violent video games. First id starts making cell phone RPGs, now Ritual is acquired by a casual games company.

Basically we're left with 3D Realms.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

What the hell is a casual game?

Tetris.

developed by a Russian?

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Wisty... PLAY DEUS EX! The first one... not the :shudder: second one that got turned into XBox fodder.

Yep, just got JC from China back to see Dowd in Hell's Kitchen.

Then I started a quick game of the EU3 demo ... and I just woke up. :blink:"

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Surely Episode 2 was already in development.  What reason would there be to scrap it

It would require they keep their plans to shift focus a secret. Episode 2 was due around about now, and it may well have been in a near finished state, but it would be a pretty ****ty thing to do to release the next chapter when you know you aren't going to be doing any more.

Such news would likely get out anyway, which could hurt sales with people not wanting to support the product when they'll never get the other chapters, and ultimately that would make for a bad reputation.

I'm not sure. I'd still buy Episode 2 if it came out today.

I think G3 boredom got to me after the upteenth same-y town.

A handy thing to keep in mind as you are designing towns in your mod. You've been working on this module for a few years now. Must be getting pretty big now. :)

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

"R00fles! How long have you been doing this?"

Forever. Forget Duke Nuke 'Em. My mod(s) will be the new version of never ending on release. L0LLERZ!

"Still playing FoT: BoS off and on."

I liked it for what it was - an action game with b00bies!

"A handy thing to keep in mind as you are designing towns in your mod."

Aye, I try to make different areas actually different both in my never ending mods and pnp dming...

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.