What are you playing now?

Darque

I thought Splinter Cell was a FPS. I'll have to take a look at these. Thanks for the info! :lol:

Once I get tired of NWN2 and X3, I think HL2 and Splinter Cell will be next.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Get tired of X3? X3 is my new Morrowind! I got my player headquarters and I can't wait until I start building my own Split Destroyers!

At which point, I will conquer the galaxy, becoming supremely hated by all factions, earning the Kha'ak non-story start. That's right, you can play as a Kha'ak.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

It's the unwritten law of the Internet: if you ever say something is difficult, ten idiots are bound to immediately come in claim it's the easiest piece of crap they've ever played.

It lengthens their e-****.

(Case in point: ask Volourn how difficult the Bard's Tale series is for a 6 year old)

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

It's the unwritten law of the Internet: if you ever say something is difficult, ten idiots are bound to immediately come in claim it's the easiest piece of crap they've ever played.

It lengthens their e-****.

(Case in point: ask Volourn how difficult the Bard's Tale series is for a 6 year old)

... The Bards Tale Series really is solid.

RS_Silvestri_01.jpg

"I'm a programmer at a games company... REET GOOD!" - Me

I hate Ravenholm because it's spooky and creepy.  Things shouldn't be allowed to move that fast.  Playing with the stuff Father Grigori left behind is good times though.

I think it's nearly the best part of the game. I liked it enough to invest time on the Ravenholm mod, which is about as long as half of the original game. It also has a spooky forest part that features dense fog and endlessly respawning fast zombies. :D God, that place was so very annoying. The boss for the chapter was superb though.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I didn't really like Ravenholm.. but that's because it was so damn spooky!! so in all fairness I would have to say it was one of the better parts of the game.. as I could barely play through it (I really hate, as in I'm really scared of, zombies)

Fortune favors the bald.

Those jumping bastards freaks me out every time.

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

I both love and hate Ravenholm. I look forward to it as much as I dread it.

Good:

- Atmosphere is awesome, especially with sound up and lights off or low and I'm the only one in the house.

- Zombies all say things like "oh my god, help me!", but in reverse, and they sound like they're really in pain when I set them on fire. :)

- Saw blades, tanks of gas, modified engine block choppers, crushing cars, and gas fires are loads of fun.

- Father Grigori is an enjoyable character.

- I get the shotgun in this area (in an unmodded, legit game)

- The corpse being electrocuted on the fence is good stuff.

- Fast Zombies attacking from far away; haven't ever been this scared in a computer game, and reminds me of old Creature Features on Saturday afternoons.

- I just get out of Ravenholm, am greeted with a cityscape, and start a relaxing run down the railroad track. Then, out of nowhere, a final fast zombie flies at me from atop a railcar. Awesome! :joy:

Bad:

- The endlessly spawning fast headcrabs at the bottom of the Ravenholm mine shaft (on the way out) are over the top. They appear out of thin air and immediately run for me. This ruins an otherwise perfect visit to Ravenholm. After the first time playing, I now simply activate the noclip cheat and pass to the other side of the fence. No point in wasting ammo on creatures I can't kill.

Bad:

- The endlessly spawning fast headcrabs at the bottom of the Ravenholm mine shaft (on the way out) are over the top. They appear out of thin air and immediately run for me. This ruins an otherwise perfect visit to Ravenholm. After the first time playing, I now simply activate the noclip cheat and pass to the other side of the fence. No point in wasting ammo on creatures I can't kill.

Are you sure they endlessly respawn? I could have sworn I killed them all. I know there are a lot of them, but I had a lot of pistol ammo I was never going to use on anything else. I sat up on one of the support beams in the vertical shafts and just took potshots at them as they wandered into areas of light.

Those fast zombies always seem to appear right behind me. No matter which way I face they somehow always manage to come up behind me, except during one area later in Ravenholm. >_<

Edited by Deraldin

It may be a scripted trigger that causes them to respawn until you leave the area. In my case I was on the floor/ground and no matter where I went they would respawn from two or three fixed locations and come charging at me. I even stood there and killed a hundred or more just to see if they'd stop after awhile. Nope. They finally seemed to stop spawning when I left the floor and was about to cross over the chainlink fence/boundary blocking the way to the exit.

The same thing happens with cops and soldiers in different places. They spawn like crazy until you move to a different zone, though the zone's boundaries are usually always invisible or non-obvious.

I know it's a vehicle used to give the illusion of greater numbers than would be feasible for performance reasons, but I don't like it because it's not realistic. At least the original HL had a reason for spawning repeatedly (troop ships/warping in from Xen) with accompanying events. In HL2 they just appear out of thin air.

Can't say that I've noticed any areas with crazy spawning bad guys. It's possible that I haven't hit them yet, or maybe it's just that I never stick around long enough to find out. >_<

I just finished trekking up the coast. There is something about popping antlions with the shotgun from the safety of a thumper that is just immensely satisfying. Especially after they kept flipping my buggy. :angry:

Currently about to get back to the NWN2 game I was playing before Christmas, and probably a restart of Oblivion.

I was playing Viva Pinata on the XB360 over Christmas, but my bf has the 360 at the moment so >_<

"Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Albert Einstein