What are you playing now?

Darque

Tonight me and my cousin tried connecting our poor Neverwinter Nights 2 copies for a game of co-op for the first time. After half an hour of cursing at routers and firewalls we got it to work perfectly. It looks like it might be fun although we didn't play anything tonight, we just tried out the controls, the camera modes and different commands.

One thing though: how do you communicate in this game? I've read the manual and it says there are four ways of communicating. Ok, that's all good, but nothing happens when I click on the little L, W, D or S in the window. Isn't there supposed to be a small part of the screen where you can actually type in what you want to say? The only way for me to activate that little window is if I right click on my character and choose /t "My Own Character". Then the little window with the blinking cursor appears and I have to delete the /t-stuff and type in whatever I want to say. Seems kind of long winded to have to do that every time I want to talk.. Anyone have a better suggestion?

Edit: Damn, now I remember. You press ENTER, just like in World of Warcraft. Argh.

Edited by mkreku

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I got to the end of Runaway 2, only to discover that while it was indeed the end of the game, it was only halfway through the adventure. "To be continued" indeed, I'll show you where you you can shove your "to be continued"...

That's pretty bad. I haven't played Runaway 2 so I'm not sure it's on the same level, but I got pretty miffed back when I played Soul Reaver 1 and 2 and was getting the same stuff. "History abhores a paradox", right. Only a different way of saying 'To Be Continued' which annoyed a lot of fans back in the day.

Currently... In between games. Close to finishing The Bard's Tale (craptacular), playing Hordes of the Underdark (so so at this point, but already better than SoU), and the Icewind Dale series and Fable:TLC coming up.

Defiance finished up the Soul Reaver series nicely.
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Defiance finished up the Soul Reaver series nicely.

Gamewise it wasa bit repetitive but I enjoyed how they solved Turel's absence in the first Soul Reaver, though there's still that weird cameo by Moebius in the end of the game (he wasn't supposed to be there) and Janos Audron's pseudo transformation at the end. Those seem to open up some potential story material for future instalments, though with Amy Hening out of the team I'm not sure if there will be future games in the series or that loose ends will be tied up.

Passed all my games, when my modem went down for about a week, now I'm back to the *sigh* FPS's like CounterStrike: Source and Day of Defeat: Source, untill I acctually get out and go to the city to get some phat lewt from the stores there, yeah might consider getting a Wii Wii.

I got to the end of Runaway 2, only to discover that while it was indeed the end of the game, it was only halfway through the adventure. "To be continued" indeed, I'll show you where you you can shove your "to be continued"...

Ooh, I hate that! :( Syberia was like that - it didn't have the words 'to be continued', but it did stop right in the middle of the adventure.

Shan't be buying that, then. Until part three comes out, at least.

You know what you'd love, is Shenmue.

Got the Gold pack for Silent Storm as a gift so I'm about to load up Sentinels and give it a run through. I totally screwed myself over in my S^2 game. My soldiers were terrible and I was starting to run up against the

walking tank things that I can never remember the name of.

Got the Gold pack for Silent Storm as a gift so I'm about to load up Sentinels and give it a run through. I totally screwed myself over in my S^2 game. My soldiers were terrible and I was starting to run up against the

Panzerklein

centinexx.png

Panzerklein

Yeah! That's it! :()

Damn them! :blink:

You know what you'd love, is Shenmue.

*Heads over to Wikipedia*

Ooh, that looks interesting. Interesting characters, involving storyline, criticised by reviewers as slow-paced - these are all ticks in my book. Does Shenmue 2 have an unsatisfying, Kotor2-style 'cliffhanger' ending, or is it reasonably satisfying while leaving some unanswered questions for game three?

What's a SEGA Dreamcast?

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

I always quit when the Panzerkleins show up.  I wish I could pick up Sentinels, but I don't have the gold edition.

Me too. I love the game right up until that point. I have never made it past the first mission or two with the Panzerkleins. It's just not as much fun, and seems quite out of place in the whole scheme of the game.

Me and my cousin played our first co-op game of Neverwinter Nights 2 tonight. All went well on the technical side of things. But I don't know.. We had fun and all, but the whole thing felt so.. clumsy. We have barely any control of our characters and we kept running into each other. Whenever my rogue saw a trap, there was no way to instantly shout to my cousin to stop running so my sensing abilities were kind of wasted.

Then there were the cut scenes.. No matter what you were doing, as soon as one of the players triggered a cut scene, it would take over both players. No matter if the other player was on the other side of the map or not. So basically my cousin would be fighting some lizardlings on one side of the map while I'm trying to get me some on the other, and suddenly his combat is interrupted by my pathetic attempts at flirting.

Combat.. what is there to do in combat? We tried to move around at first, but the enemies kept getting "Opportunity strikes" (or whatever they were called) on us. That basically forced us to stand still during combat. I tried to backstab my opponents (being a rogue and all) but apparently it's called Sneak attack and it's fully automatic. And I had no spells or combat skills either. So basically what combat ended up being was us clicking ONCE on an enemy and then just wait until it ended. As my cousin is a warlock, he at least had some Eldritch blast or something, but still.. There's no tactics involved and no twitch. So what is it? We were actually laughing about how similar it was to ProgressQuest!

We will probably continue our session tomorrow. I just wish there was more to do in this game. I'm hoping that new features will open up as I level up my character. I'm some guy with a horn (forgot the name of the race) and he levels REALLY slowly. He's like.. level 3 right now.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Me and my cousin played our first co-op game of Neverwinter Nights 2 tonight. All went well on the technical side of things. But I don't know.. We had fun and all, but the whole thing felt so.. clumsy. We have barely any control of our characters and we kept running into each other. Whenever my rogue saw a trap, there was no way to instantly shout to my cousin to stop running so my sensing abilities were kind of wasted.

Then there were the cut scenes.. No matter what you were doing, as soon as one of the players triggered a cut scene, it would take over both players. No matter if the other player was on the other side of the map or not. So basically my cousin would be fighting some lizardlings on one side of the map while I'm trying to get me some on the other, and suddenly his combat is interrupted by my pathetic attempts at flirting.

Combat.. what is there to do in combat? We tried to move around at first, but the enemies kept getting "Opportunity strikes" (or whatever they were called) on us. That basically forced us to stand still during combat. I tried to backstab my opponents (being a rogue and all) but apparently it's called Sneak attack and it's fully automatic. And I had no spells or combat skills either. So basically what combat ended up being was us clicking ONCE on an enemy and then just wait until it ended. As my cousin is a warlock, he at least had some Eldritch blast or something, but still.. There's no tactics involved and no twitch. So what is it? We were actually laughing about how similar it was to ProgressQuest!

Everything Black Isle fans have been waiting since TORN!

We will probably continue our session tomorrow. I just wish there was more to do in this game. I'm hoping that new features will open up as I level up my character. I'm some guy with a horn (forgot the name of the race) and he levels REALLY slowly. He's like.. level 3 right now.

It's what D&D plays like if you control only one character. Which is why I hate NWN1 so much.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

BIS and Interplay fans rulz.  >_<

Are we talking the same fans that wanted people to give Fallout: Enforcer a chance? Or the ones who giggled like schoolgirls at every Fallout 2 easter egg they came upon? Maybe the variety that said it was a good idea for Interplay to branch Fallout into consoles as it would save Van Buren? :aiee:

EDIT: funny how a certain variation of the word Interplay has been banned. I can only imagine the reason :lol:

Edited by Role-Player

Guest The Architect

Lately I've been playing The Godfather and FIFA 07' on the Xbox 360. :thumbsup:

Edited by The Architect

I'm some guy with a horn (forgot the name of the race) and he levels REALLY slowly. He's like.. level 3 right now.

Tiefling, I think. The same race that Annah was in PS:T. I played in Aasimar in my playthrough of NWN2, and because I skipped a lot of sidequests in the middle and end, was only halfway to 20 before the game ended. <_<

I hope none of those are spoilers. Though I guess saying that I actually liked NWN2 a fair deal is. This is my honest opinion, and I'll probably get chewed out for it (and I'm sure some of these whippersnappers who have never seen me post before will point and go HAHAHAHAHAH N00B!) but I actually like linear stories more than these newfangled free-form games. Seeing how Linear stories can get blood pumping through veins, and more complex than stories that have to make a billion gazillion checks before Old Lord Bakersfield informs you that you already allied with the Hobgoblin Hordes, slayed the Noble Princess Magnifica, and won the breakdancing contest. He then sneers in contempt and tells you to plow his fields anyway.

I digress.

I'm on my second runthrough of NWN2, but I can't decide what to play. My first runthrough was the joyful Aasimar Bard 5/Red Dragon Disciple 10/Neverwinter Nine 4. Who was dangerously close to lawful good.

Fnord.