What are you playing now?

Darque

BG2. Since I have the whole week off from work, lets see if I can complete the game in a week.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Zelda Twilight Princess On GameCube. Its fun, i like to so far, the controlling the wolf while fighting is a bit choppy i think. And i think they over did the lighting the blur but it does add style to the game, albeit a bit to much.

Always outnumbered, never out gunned!

Unreal Tournament 2004 Handle:Enlight_2.0

Myspace Website!

My rig

I've been playing more games on the Xbox 360. Need For Speed: Carbon, Tony Hawk: Project 8 and Gears of War. I don't know if I've been unlucky but all those games.. well, suck. Gears of War awed me with its impressive graphics at first, but after a few hours (and hundreds of the same enemy over and over, behind the same indestructible covers) I actually think the game sucks. It's like.. the Xbox 360 equivalent of the Playstation 2/Xbox game Black. Fantastic to look at and fun for a few hours, but oh so horribly shallow after another few hours. Game of the year MY ASS.

Need For Speed: Carbon didn't even look like an Xbox 360 game and it's so totally devoid of feeling I just wanted to cry. Play Burnout 3: Takedown instead. EA sucks.

Tony Hawk: Project 8 is not especially pretty and the animations for when you fall off your skateboard are pathetic. But it's at least very challenging and fun.. Unless you've never played a Tony Hawk game in your life before because I imagine it might be too difficult for a complete newbie.

Oh, and I've also dabbled with Metroid Prime: Hunters on the Nintendo DS Lite. It's actually quite good, even though the graphics remind me of Daggerfall's graphics.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Just finished Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess.  Very disappointing.

Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin next.

<3 <3 Portrait of Ruin.

Bored of it yet? I sure am. I think they need to try something new for the next Castlevania. The Metroid formula is already old.

Playing Resident Evil for the Gamecube. Game is VERY good. I wasn't expecting much beyond a face lift. They really ramped up the difficulty and the game is even more frightening then I remember... I'm struggling a lot just not dying and ammo is quiet scarce. :brows:

Playing Resident Evil for the Gamecube.  Game is VERY good.  I wasn't expecting much beyond a face lift.  They really ramped up the difficulty and the game is even more frightening then I remember...  I'm struggling a lot just not dying and ammo is quiet scarce. :brows:

:brows:

Not to mention they "really" screw with people who've played the original. :brows:

REmake is one of the best games ever. :D

The Gamecube remake suffers the same problem the original had. Too damn short.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

PoR is only my second Castlevania. DoS was my first. (Well, I kinda went through SotN first, got the first ending, got bored, but I didn't really give it much of a chance) I'm not tired of the formula yet, but I can understand the feeling after 10 yrs of Metroidvanias. The level design is fine for me, but people have been saying it's a bit underwhelming. The bosses (most important point for me) are somewhat hit and miss. Some of them are pretty awesome, but some are just kind of bland/cheap. Overall, though, I'm pretty much enjoying the game. I'm only at the second set of portraits, though.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Playing Resident Evil for the Gamecube.  Game is VERY good.  I wasn't expecting much beyond a face lift.  They really ramped up the difficulty and the game is even more frightening then I remember...  I'm struggling a lot just not dying and ammo is quiet scarce. :brows:

Not to mention they "really" screw with people who've played the original. :brows:

I don't remember a lot about the game since I haven't touched the original in quiet a while, but I was definitely expecting to know my way around the place. Good changes I would say though.

... I'm not alone when I say this game is hard right?

You should check out the other GBA titles Llyranor. Circle of the Moon is excellent.

SotN is my favorite. Larger castle(s) to explore with much more varied areas. Great music, lots of items, abilities and Secrets to discover. It also feels a lot more "open" then the newer games. Also doesn't have the needless and annoying anime crap these latest incarnations have. You should definitely revisit.

I don't remember a lot about the game since I haven't touched the original in quiet a while, but I was definitely expecting to know my way around the place. Good changes I would say though.

Well.... umm.... :brows:

Maybe it comes down to playstyle. :brows: what's giving you difficulty? :brows:

I found some portions of the game hard and other portions easy. Depends on what is going on and how much ammo I had. One thing I do like about the game is that after my roommate was playing the game 12 hours straight I set up a floor lamp in the dark hallway for him to bump into. He has poor night vision and well, he screamed.

:D

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Well.... umm.... :brows:

Maybe it comes down to playstyle. :brows: what's giving you difficulty? :)

Normal. I"m not wining or anything, I'm having a lot of fun. I just don't remember the classic RE games being this hard.

Jill can only takes one hit before being knocked into caution (so far, I've only fought zombie, super zombie, zombie dog and giant snake.). The second hit will probably knock her into orange caution, danger or it might just kill her. Third hit from normal zombies is definitely death. Handgun seems fairly underpowered compared to previews games. It does little almost nothing against zombies unless you empty a whole clip, the dogs don't flinch very often either and I imagine using it again other enemies is not a very good idea. Also, knocking down zombies seems like a fairly bad idea since it leads to a lot of backtracking since you don't want them coming back as super zombies. Shotgun seems like the best weapon, but ammo is so scarce...

That's the only real part I'm having some trouble with.

One thing I do like about the game is that after my roommate was playing the game 12 hours straight I set up a floor lamp in the dark hallway for him to bump into. He has poor night vision and well, he screamed.

I've always wanted to do that to someone... I've never gotten the chance. :brows:

I've been playing more games on the Xbox 360. Need For Speed: Carbon, Tony Hawk: Project 8 and Gears of War. I don't know if I've been unlucky but all those games.. well, suck. Gears of War awed me with its impressive graphics at first, but after a few hours (and hundreds of the same enemy over and over, behind the same indestructible covers) I actually think the game sucks. It's like.. the Xbox 360 equivalent of the Playstation 2/Xbox game Black. Fantastic to look at and fun for a few hours, but oh so horribly shallow after another few hours. Game of the year MY ASS.

I agree with you. The most fun I've had with GoW was when my Brother-in-law came over and we played a bit of co-op. Maybe we should try to get together and play co-op, because I've found the single player campaign utterly boring on my own. The multiplayer also just doesn't pull me in like Battlefield games.

I've enjoyed Dead Rising a heck of a lot more, and Spliner Cell: Double Agent seems promising.

Currently playing Mr. Robot. Just releaseed by Moonpod a few days ago. Fun little game that involves running around avoiding evil robots, pushing blocks around to make stairways, finding hidden rooms and a little RPG battle system for the computer hacking minigame. :aiee:

Reminds me of head over heels.

RS_Silvestri_01.jpg

"I'm a programmer at a games company... REET GOOD!" - Me

I'm at my parents for Christmas, so am playing Chaos Overlords, and Steel Panthers, as freeware on their slighlty pokey PC.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

You should check out the other GBA titles Llyranor.  Circle of the Moon is excellent.

SotN is my favorite.  Larger castle(s) to explore with much more varied areas.  Great music, lots of items, abilities and Secrets to discover.  It also feels a lot more "open" then the newer games.  Also doesn't have the needless and annoying anime crap these latest incarnations have.  You should definitely revisit.

I might pick up SotN again when it's made available on Xbox Live Arcade early next year.

Hadescopy.jpg

I agree with you. The most fun I've had with GoW was when my Brother-in-law came over and we played a bit of co-op. Maybe we should try to get together and play co-op, because I've found the single player campaign utterly boring on my own. The multiplayer also just doesn't pull me in like Battlefield games.

I've enjoyed Dead Rising a heck of a lot more, and Spliner Cell: Double Agent seems promising.

Hahaha, I love GoW. But I *only* play it coop. In fact, all I've been playing on the 360 are coop games. Coop > all. GoW involving lots of yelling around > GoW. I also love Vegas coop. The 360 version of NHL 2007 is coming up soon as well.

As appealing as Dead Rising and Lost Planet and Eternal Sonata and Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey and Mass Effect and whatever other sp game is coming out, they're bargain bin at most.

Heck, we just picked up Halo2 for really cheap, and as 'ok' as the gameplay is, it's more enjoyable than what I've played of the DR/LP demo in virtue of coop alone.

Put in coop in DR/LP, and that's another story. In the meantime, I have enough sp games on my backlog to not bother with them.

Hadescopy.jpg

Diablo 2 (LoD) and Diablo - age old favorites, though now somewhat modified with things like infinite stashes, capped monster resistances, no experience loss at death, reasonable rune-drop odds, and much, much more. I get full ladder benefits while playing singleplayer, plus stuff you'll never find on B.net, like Tempered Items which have dark green descriptions and can only be created/upgraded in the Horadric Cube.

Good times. :blink:

Yes, so good I haven't done much else the last couple of weeks. Been hacking the DLLs too. Modified the hard-coded blocking formula so it increases if you pump dexterity, stays the same if you don't, and doesn't decrease when you level up, but only if you're playing a LoD character. Also (hopefully) allowing the Cow King to be killed repeatedly per difficulty; haven't gotten there yet with my new character so I don't know if that'll work yet, but it should. Been removing shadows from flames on various torches and braziers, as well. Seeing the game on a 21" screen is also interesting.

Diablo 1 isn't as easy to modify, but there's not much I wish to do to it other than perhaps fix a few glitches. I downloaded the DSF buglist and then added a few dozen more bugs that I'd noticed over the years.

All right, I think all the difficulties I was having was mainly had to do with just getting use to the game. It's been a long time since I played a game with tank controls or this kind of focus. The second part of the game was much more manageable and the return to the

Mansion

is going smoothly. I'm running circles around the

Hunters

and just having a generally easier time just surviving. I'm near the end and I'll be playing Resident Evil Zero next.