What are you playing now?

Darque

I truely hope not.

He captured lightning in a bottle with RE/REmake.

And got reaaaaaaaaaally lucky with RE4.

But every other game he touches tends to... not do very well or has serious production problems. <_<

Or if you have a 360, SotN will be released early next year via Xbox Live Arcade.

Yeah but, Bill Gates and all that laffo.

To be on-topic, I got Castlevania Portrait of Ruin this week. Awesome game. I got the preorder package which includes a soundtrack CD with tracks from apparently all previous Castlevania titles, an art book, a stylus, a gamecase, a poster. It's pretty neat. Though, aside from this, the only other title I've played was Dawn of Sorrow, so most of this is over my head.

Awesome :bat:

I am thinking of getting PoR as well though I've heard it isn't quite as good as DoS. But that preorder package sounds - and must look - great.

If you've got a good comp, I guess you could always get a NA version (which would probably be cheaper) and play it via Emulator.  :ph34r:

Funny thing, the third time I played the game from start to finish I used bleem! to play it on PC (the first and second were on the original PSX with a japanese and later PAL version) and it worked very well aside some minor graphical artifacts (caused, I believe, by my then older than Mick Jagger hardware in the form of a Voodoo 3 PCI card at 16 MB).

I just finished the first three parts of the John DeFoe series by Ben Croshaw, a series of adventure horror games made with AGS.

5 Days A Stranger - A cat burglar breaks into a supposedly deserted country mansion, only to find himself imprisoned along with four strangers by a mysterious force. A nice nasty horror game with some murders and gore, with the distinction of being the... er... sixth complete game I've made with AGS.

7 Days A Skeptic - The sequel to 5 Days A Stranger. Four hundred years into the future, the scoutship Mephistopheles and its crew of six discovers something it should have left alone.

Trilby's Notes - the third game in the John DeFoe series (eventually a quadrilogy), which expands the storyline and connects 5 Days and 7 Days. Master thief turned paranormal investigator Trilby follows the trail of John DeFoe's soul idol to a small hotel in Wales, where he discovers the dark history of the cursed wood.

All in all, I'd say the third is my favorite.

I just finished the first three parts of the John DeFoe series by Ben Croshaw, a series of adventure horror games made with AGS.

5 Days A Stranger - A cat burglar breaks into a supposedly deserted country mansion, only to find himself imprisoned along with four strangers by a mysterious force. A nice nasty horror game with some murders and gore, with the distinction of being the... er... sixth complete game I've made with AGS.

7 Days A Skeptic - The sequel to 5 Days A Stranger. Four hundred years into the future, the scoutship Mephistopheles and its crew of six discovers something it should have left alone.

Trilby's Notes - the third game in the John DeFoe series (eventually a quadrilogy), which expands the storyline and connects 5 Days and 7 Days. Master thief turned paranormal investigator Trilby follows the trail of John DeFoe's soul idol to a small hotel in Wales, where he discovers the dark history of the cursed wood.

All in all, I'd say the third is my favorite.

Someone should tell that guy that Quadrilogy isn't really the proper term, tetralogy refers to four related works. I've seen it used before in the media, and it's always bugged me. Taking the word trilogy and slapping a quad in place of the T is bad latin.

Shut up about that and play the games. ;)

Free point and click adventure games? Don't have to beat me over the head.

You can and that would be okay, but you don't have to.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Shut up about that and play the games. :)

I want to go on record saying thank you, Nartwak. I'm already on Trilby's Notes.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I'm playing the get ready to reformat the computer and do teh massive upgrade game. Not fun.

I'm right there with ya. Well, not the upgrade part, but this is the weekend to reformat and reinstall XP. This installation was a testament to XP's resiliency if I ever saw one--it's been through and coped with two motherboards, several video cards, two sound cards, and many many driver updates. It took somebody's stupid demo to bring it down, of all things; and I can't seem to undo whatever it did. Dontcha love how nobody seems to get what 'uninstall' means? It means 'I want ALL that crap off my system'!

At any rate, I suppose it was time. But the new OS is going on an empty partition first, and after Windows is finished updating and all my base proggies are installed, it's Acronis time. And then if I get stupid or my hard drive crashes, at least I don't have to start from square one ever again.

Every now and then I'll think to myself, "Hey, maybe Morrowind isn't that bad." Then I go and play it.

Turns out it really is that bad.

Edited by thepixiesrock

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

I've been playing a lot more Gears of War. In co-op. But not even that stops the game from becoming repetitive and boring after a while. Gears of War deserves a 10 for graphics (they're just.. awesome.. except the blood which just looks silly), but beyond that it just has to be the most over-hyped piece of software I've ever heard of. And what's up with the online games? 4 people at once?! Stop it, you're killing me with your massive advancements in technology!! Geez.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I've been playing a lot more Gears of War. In co-op. But not even that stops the game from becoming repetitive and boring after a while. Gears of War deserves a 10 for graphics (they're just.. awesome.. except the blood which just looks silly), but beyond that it just has to be the most over-hyped piece of software I've ever heard of. And what's up with the online games? 4 people at once?! Stop it, you're killing me with your massive advancements in technology!! Geez.

Yeah... next time your friend chainsaws a guy on coop look at him... the blood will actually splatter on the thin air to get the "drenched camera" effect.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.