So how buggy is NWN2?

Atreides

Hmm, like every game that comes out on the PC, you have a few folks who absolutely can't play it, a few folks who can play it perfectly, and a majority of folks who run into a bug here and there. But so far the vast majority do not seem to have any gamestopping bugs, and that's about all you can ask for with the way technology is today.

Hmm, like every game that comes out on the PC, you have a few folks who absolutely can't play it, a few folks who can play it perfectly, and a majority of folks who run into a bug here and there.  But so far the vast majority do not seem to have any gamestopping bugs, and that's about all you can ask for with the way technology is today.

This statement certainly isn't true if you were only counting bioware forum feedback. There is one thread of satisified players, and 3 threads of dissatisfied players nearly foaming at the mouth about game stopping bugs and that always ambiguously phrased lack of "wow factor".

I have a decent system and still find this game unplayable ,even with the 1.01 patch.

Edited by Guest
soulthiefsig5fl0.jpg

like, more bugs than toee, or bloodlines, or ultima 9 or any of the BGs, or NWN1, or the IWDs or pool of radiance 2 (oh.my.gawd) buggy?  yeah, right.

taks

Hahaha. I think we can include Ultima 9 as one of those games that doesn't fit Hurlshot's definition. Everyone had problems with that game :p

Fortunately, if you registered your game, they sent you a remastered CD with all of the patches on it.

Depends on the person. Some complain about the camera but for me its not buggy at all. Its a little wonky because zoom speed is too slow and sometimes the camera changes (i.e. when you're under a bridge or an arch), but this happened in NWN1 as well, isnt frequent for me, etc.

I've encountered virtually no bugs and I'm nearly done with the game. What's more, I"m playing on 1.00. The only bug that I even noticed was Blacklake crashing at a particular moment, but I discovered that was because I Used the console to have too many party members.

It's not like my system is great either, I"m barely minimum but with medium settings (looks good) I get good fps outdoors and laggy but sorta ok indoors. Performance and bug wise I have no complaints, whereas some will say this is a beta.

What bugs there are will probably be squished over the course of time. Obsidian and Atari seem to be very dedicated to this game so far.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

NWN2 is not even near the level of bugs that haunted Bloodlines or ToEE for that matter, stating anything else as an empirical truth is a flat out lie. It's very inconsistent though, meaning that some some systems experience nothing and others have game-stopping bugs, crashes and terrible performance.

From my experience, it seems like people who own the Geforce 6xxx and 7xxx-series are having a great time with it, and Ati-users are left out in the dark.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

i think they have to be dedicated. D&D crpgs have taken a bit of pummeling in the past few years. not with _every_ game mind you, but POR2 and ToEE stand out as massive failures in one way or another and IWD2 didn't sell like gang-busters. NWN1 obviously did well, and their expansions did fair. this is the follow-up they need to make sales.

you're right alan, everyone had issues with U9. any time a company has to send out a remastered CD, there's something wrong. of course, if you were following development of the game you'd know why that was...

taks

comrade taks... just because.

From my experience, it seems like people who own the Geforce 6xxx and 7xxx-series are having a great time with it, and Ati-users are left out in the dark.

*Has an ATI Radeon 9600 Pro* I don't have any problems beyond the fact that it really isn't all that great of a card anymore. Although I seem to be one of those magical people that almost never seem to have any problems with bugs. ^_^

I got a x1900 GT and its running great.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

There is nothing to this game except the critical path. You cannot enter any of the houses. You cannot attack anyone at all except those marked hostile by the game. The areas have only one route through them that you must follow and there are  almost no optional places to visit. You cant even decide who you want in your party, characters are forced on to you by the game.

Is this true? If so, I find that a bit disappointing and reminiscent of linear action-RPG's in terms of world interaction. Course, if done right, it doesn't neccesarily mean a non-fun RPG experience (for me). Well, I shall find out soon enough.

As long as I don't end up with any game-stopper bugs, the rest of the commonly listed glitches I've seen doesn't sound too bad to me. The way I play games I probably (hopefully) won't even notice. :cool:

Nice to read about what others are experiencing tho..stuff I can keep an eye out for.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Well the part about characters being forced on you is not completely true. You can choose who you want to some extent but there are always characters being forced into your party whether you like it or not. Often you have to boot out characters you want to make space for those required. You also cannot play through the game solo. Youre always stuck with someone or the other almost continously.

Well the part about characters being forced on you is not completely true. You can choose who you want to some extent but there are always characters being forced into your party whether you like it or not. Often you have to boot out characters you want to make space for those required. You also cannot play through the game solo. Youre always stuck with someone or the other almost continously.

Can you have them die and play solo that way, by just dragging their unrevived "corpse" around? Or does the game do something to prevent that?

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Can you have them die and play solo that way, by just dragging their unrevived "corpse" around? Or does the game do something to prevent that?

Dead characters will auto-rez outside of combat. :thumbsup:

I've suffered from some fairly common bugs, like the cutscene bug and "sit-on-your-hands" party AI, but my game is running pretty good at mid resolution and high settings ( - shadows) not amazingly well, but even if I knock down the textures and AA the game still runs choppy. Better to have it good-looking and functional than shoddy-looking and... functional.

It's very odd how rigs that by all reason should slay this game are turning out bad performances, while a fairly econ rig like mine is doing pretty well. Hopefully this will all be straightened out in time.

Most of the time the characters are required for story purposes. Such as one character knows a back way in to a stronghold and will lead you there. Without him, you have no idea where to go. They aren't just randomly forced on you, its mostly just situations where if you wanted to go alone, then you wouldn't get very far.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Most of the time the characters are required for story purposes. Such as one character knows a back way in to a stronghold and will lead you there. Without him, you have no idea where to go. They aren't just randomly forced on you, its mostly just situations where if you wanted to go alone, then you wouldn't get very far.

So they are NOT randomly forced on you? They are forced on you PLANNED? :dancing:

I like the NPC-s in the game, really, but I do understand why some people would like to go solo, or leave behind certain dwa....people. Or even to kill them. Or not even to let them join at the start. It's like a holiday what was forced on you (wake up at 4 go via taxi to the plane, and go to tibet) maybe you will have fun there, but its still forced on you and that's sure annoying/angering.

Let's say I am an elven bard, CE or CN. Now why the hell should I let the insulting dwarf go with me?

Can I kill him behind the corner? Nooo! Can I Throw him into a well? Nooo! Can he atleast sing correctly? What!? A dwarf? And what about burning his beard? Nada.

And what If I create a Monk dwarf? Well, I didn't find any extra dialogue regarding this with him yet. <_<

I guess I will play a CE next time and just kill anyone becouse of frustration. >_< ...oh, I can't do that? What? Immortal peasants? Dammit! :'(

IB1OsQq.png