Anime recommendations

Zoma

I've seen it. It wasn't half bad, although I'm not that much of a Bilal fan.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I've seen it. It wasn't half bad, although I'm not that much of a Bilal fan.

Hunh - I had not made the Bilal connexion - thanks! The splicing of animation and real shots was actually the best part - it blurred much more than the FF for me. I would enjoy seeing him do more stuff like this.

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

I'll do an analysis on the morning, ok? Right now, I think it's enough to say that it's a great anime, it's only con being the vague ending.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Not sure if I mentioned this but:

Dual! Mix Tenchi with Evangelion without the heady psycosis of the latter.

It's harem but who cares? it's funny as heck.

Also MSG 0080 is good

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Last Exile is class. It's going to be pretty confusing unless you watch the unedited DVD version because a lot of the crucial explanations may be cut out. Or watch it with someone who has so questions can be answered.

Nowadays people seem to be watching Naruto, Bleach and Death Note.

Spreading beauty with my katana.

I don't know what Last exile you were watching but your wrong. btw its good. And berserk is pretty bad in my opinion. Its like afro samurai (which i do like) but ****ty animation, more useless over the top blood splatter, interacial negress love, literally 100 men vs 1 and massive blood loss and ****ty battle sequences and monsters and derranged old men who touch young children. Not to mention the last episode is like mad rape time. It basically just goes to show you how crazy japanese people are.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

I'll do an analysis on the morning, ok? Right now, I think it's enough to say that it's a great anime, it's only con being the vague ending.

I wouldn't even call it vague, more like terrible IMHO. The series start out great only to turn to crap in the last five or so episodes. Shame really but it seems that a lot of anime series have the same problem, starting out great storywise only to fall apart in the end.

And berserk is pretty bad in my opinion.  Its like afro samurai (which i do like) but ****ty animation, more useless over the top blood splatter, interacial negress love, literally 100 men vs 1 and massive blood loss and ****ty battle sequences and monsters and derranged old men who touch young children.  Not to mention the last episode is like mad rape time.  It basically just goes to show you how crazy japanese people are.

So I finally finished all 25 episodes of the series. The emotional and sexually charged ending (if you can call that an ending) kind of left me hanging.

I don't know why you had any problem with interracial negress love though (I didn't even realize that the girl was Afro; just thought she was born a bit to the darkside.)

Anyways, after watching the whole show, I would still recommend it to anyone who's tired of male protagonists who're either whiny babies or tough guy wannabes. Be warned that this show is probably older than you so comparing to today's anime, its animations are like prehistoric.

It's better to read the Berserk manga than watch the half-finished anime. The story wasn't supposed to end with the

rape

scene at all. Not to mention, the manga is pretty great.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

Well, actually the manga isn't finished yet, IIRC.

kirottu said:

And berserk is pretty bad in my opinion.  Its like afro samurai (which i do like) but ****ty animation, more useless over the top blood splatter, interacial negress love, literally 100 men vs 1 and massive blood loss and ****ty battle sequences and monsters and derranged old men who touch young children.  Not to mention the last episode is like mad rape time.  It basically just goes to show you how crazy japanese people are.

(snip)I don't know why you had any problem with interracial negress love though (I didn't even realize that the girl was Afro; just thought she was born a bit to the darkside.)

Actually, Caska is supposed to be the equivalent of Indian heritage in the world of Berserk IIRC. Besides, what's wrong with some interracial lovin'? Afraid of tainting your precious genepool theslug, or what?

Well, actually the manga isn't finished yet, IIRC.

You are correct. The manga isn't finished (which sucks :( ) and it's better than the anime.

Still can't believe nobody here mentioned Slam Dunk. Guess basketball just isn't that popular outside of Asia... Well, if you are into football/soccer, perhaps Captain Tsubasa might be more interesting. It's another old but very popular series. (It's a kiddie anime though.)

Edited by julianw

"nobody here mentioned Slam Dunk"

http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?sh...ndpost&p=732686

:(

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:

^Wow. You were either bored out of your mind or have superhuman memory... Either way I am impressed. :*

Berserk... I still haven't seen what happens after Griffith becomes a demon. Assuming something does happen... probably should do a search but I doubt I would be able to get them here, cheaply.

Here is a link to the manga: http://groups.msn.com/BerserkManga/volumes.msnw?Page=3.

Edited by julianw

Lol I was just kidding. I was going to say rape not love but i didnt want to ruin it for anyone going to watch the show.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

^Wow. You were either bored out of your mind or have superhuman memory... Either way I am impressed. ;)

Berserk... I still haven't seen what happens after Griffith becomes a demon. Assuming something does happen... probably should do a search but I doubt I would be able to get them here, cheaply.

Here is a link to the manga: http://groups.msn.com/BerserkManga/volumes.msnw?Page=3.

Sufficient to say is that the Berserk anime only touches on the beginning of the manga story and cuts off as the real action is about to begin. I can only hope that Berserk will get another chance as Hellsing got, as I said earlier in this thread.

I just found a video of one of the craziest, badass characters out there:

. I am tempted to watch the whole series, should i or should i not?

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy