Nvidia GeForce 8800GTX (DX10)

LadyCrimson

I had a Geforce 7800 for a while, but I couldn't stand the constant problems with the drivers. Every time I was trying to show a movie on my TV it gave me problems. It distorted the picture, sometimes not showing a picture at all and often it required a restart of the computer, but it never said so. I just happened to notice that I'd set all the parameters correctly and the damn thing still refused to work. But the next time I turned on the computer it was ok. For a while.

The damn card used to change the colours too! Sometimes everything even remotely movie-like turned all black. Streaming movies from Gamespot, downloaded game trailers in Quicktime format, everything. Then it was a struggle trying to balance the colour degrees. GOD I HATED THOSE DRIVERS! They were incompatible with a few games too, but I can't remember which right now. I just remember trying out one of my older games and it was impossible to play because of the artefacts.

I've sold that card now and I'm currently using a Sapphire Radeon X1950XTX instead. The only problem I've had with ATI's drivers was that they recommended that you'd install .NET 1.1 when you installed Catalyst Control Center. I accidentally installed .NET 2.0 instead because I thought 2.0 meant that 1.1 was included in the package. Apparently it wasn't.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Yeah the 8800 drivers were pretty crappish, but I think I finally found stability with the latest version.

And how can a 7600 do two thirty inch monitors?

Well, he's not playing Half-Life 2, he's using one JUST for online poker (albeit five hands at once), and then has a game (typically the copy of NwN2 I bought him for his birthday) running in a window that takes up the other screen ... but they are both running at native resolution (2500 x 1600 or whatever it is).

I don't know what he's doing to play the game, but I can only conclude he's not got all the juice on.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT