My Jefferson folder

ramza

Hey everyone!

I decided to share this since some people seem to have kept a little of interest in this project. I hope that Sawyer will make a NWN2 module out of it some day.

Just a question for Josh (you don't have to answer it, that is): can you please give us a short description of some of the story's characters (you can find their pictures in the Character folder)? I am just curious...

Cheers.

Here's DA link :cool:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=B9IUZWB3

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

T_Jefferson_by_Charles_Willson_Peale_1791_2.jpg

He's hot for Jefferson! :rolleyes:

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

What is it about Jefferson that makes you want it so badly?

I was just angry of being deprived of a CRPG that promised to be as good as BG2. That is reason enough I think. It is up to Sawyer to finish this project or not. However I won't be upset if he doesn't complete it. There will be more quality CRPGs in the future, so I will be focusing my attention on them instead. All this time, I just wanted to convince Obsidian not to abandon this project. As to the purpose of this thread, I just wanted to share the stuff I had on my pc, nothing more.

cheers.

Edited by ramza

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

I was just angry of being deprived of a CRPG that promised to be as good as BG2.

I was hoping for something a bit more specific.

It was being made by BIS... that's another good reason, no? :rolleyes:"

I figured that it'd be something more tangible. Something specific to the game. I mean, if it's just BIS making it, do you see the IWD games, as well as Lionheart, as being of the same level as BG2?

If it's just the ideas and concepts and general design that a company like BIS and Obsidian makes, couldn't it essentially be any game? Essentially, whatever their next original game is, is essentially "Jefferson" since I'm guessing they'd like it to be as fun as BG2, as well as the fact that it's being made by the BIS gang at Obsidian?

Well of course, as I have said before, the game's features (regional reputation and such), characters, setting and story seemed very promising. Who would say no to another quality CRPG that promised to be at the same level (or even a higher one) as the IE games?

Well that is something at least. I'll admit I didn't follow the development of Jefferson (nor Van Buren) too closely, so I'm not really familiar with the characters/setting/story.

I'm sure no one would say no to a quality CRPG that promised to be at the same level as the IE games. I'm not sure why it seems only Jefferson seemed to aspire to that level. It's just that you historically have been fascinated with Jefferson, based almost purely on the promise alone.

I think that Obsidian is capable of making an RPG that I enjoy more than BG2 (or PST). And I don't see why they can't use ideas (such as regional reputation) in other games. If they are good ideas that would have worked in Jefferson, they'll probably work in other games as well.

I saw some of this things for the first time in my life, but after seeing it i can tell you that i'm really looking forward for any kind of Black Hound's resurection :) It would also be nice to see one day the engine with docs released for three on the internet, Is it possible J.E.? :huh:

All download slots assigned to your country (Yugoslavia) are currently in use.

Bah. This country hasn't been called Yugoslavia for some 5 years or more.

Edited by Sammael

There are no doors in Jefferson that are "special game locked" doors. There are no characters in that game that you can kill that will result in the game ending prematurely.

I saw some of this things for the first time in my life, but after seeing it i can tell you that i'm really looking forward for any kind of Black Hound's resurection :) It would also be nice to see one day the engine with docs released for three on the internet, Is it possible J.E.? :x

The engine is pretty difficult to work with from an art perspective. I can say that although the Jefferson/Van Buren engine could produce some very nicely-lit areas (for its time), the NWN2 toolset/engine is far easier to work with for level building. The workflow is much swifter and it is a lot easier to rapidly iterate through level geometry changes. In TBH, building White Ford took us months and the exterior maps had to be divided into three chunks. Last night as an experiment I roughly laid out the same village on a single map in about an hour. I was able to maintain similar spatial relationships and building sizes with the exact same number of houses, "special" buildings, and better rolling terrain.

Outside of its toolset flexibility and the very solid foundation of its RPG game logic, there's little of great merit to the "old" engine. Certainly its graphical capabilities are very outdated and the art pipeline is absolutely terrible.