Get 5 NPCs in your party (NWN2)

ramza

I just found a cool cheat at gamefaqs:

Debug Mode Codes

While playing, hit ~ to bring up the console. Then type in "DebugMode 1" without the quotes. You may then use the following codes. (Note that all codes are cAsE sEnSiTiVe.)

rs ga_party_limit(6)

Raises the amount of party members you may have at once to 6. Default is 3 in Act 1 and 4 in Acts 2 and 3.

It may interesting to have more party members just in terms of party interaction. However, i wonder if the game will crach or get stuck if we use that cheat... Can someone try it?

The more the merrier!

:ermm:

(just wanted to use that one)

Edited by ramza

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

Awesome stuff. I think I'l only try it after I finish it once, though.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

The console is pretty sweet when it comes to milking the game of the most content.

givefeat 45

and my Sorceror can take Eldritch Knight without having to take the XP punishment and spell progression of having a level of fighter :ermm:)

(Im playing a Tiefling so the level of punishment from ECL+1 AND XP penalty would have made my build nearly unplayable)

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

The console is pretty sweet when it comes to milking the game of the most content.

givefeat 45

and my Sorceror can take Eldritch Knight without having to take the XP punishment and spell progression of having a level of fighter  :ermm:)

(Im playing a Tiefling so the level of punishment from ECL+1 AND XP penalty would have made my build nearly unplayable)

I remember in NWN1 that taking levels in PrC had no incidence on the XP penalty: the latter only mattered for base classes.

I don't know if it's the same in NWN2.

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

The more in the group the better. You can have a mini army. I will give it a try after I play legit. No console commands by me unless it is to by pass a bug that is not fixed by a patch.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

The party limit count in the game slowly increases by default anyways, so meh.

does this mean that you can get 5 NPCs in your team? And does that happen late in the game?

givefeat 45

and my Sorceror can take Eldritch Knight without having to take the XP punishment and spell progression of having a level of fighter  :aiee:)

I remember in NWN1 that taking levels in PrC had no incidence on the XP penalty: the latter only mattered for base classes.

I don't know if it's the same in NWN2.

The problem is that I would need to take 1 level of Fighter on my 6 levels of Sorceror to be able to take Eldritch Knight. Since you get XP penalty if your two base classes are more than one level apart, I couldnt do a Sorc 6/Fighter 1/Ek build.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

The party limit count in the game slowly increases by default anyways, so meh.

does this mean that you can get 5 NPCs in your team? And does that happen late in the game?

I don't know if there's a part where you get 5, but I know there's parts where you get 4. And while I don't know if there's a part where you get specifically FIVE, there are parts where you get everyone.

Taking into effect some other areas, I have had up to 8 other people in my party, not including summoned creatures, in my party (9 if you count the PC).

Keep in mind that raising it earlier will make the game even easier.

Edited by alanschu

I can always raise the difficulty level...

Not above maximum though. Just keep it in mind. I find the difficulty decreases exponentially with each additional character to boot, but meh.

Though you would probably get more party interactions.

If you want to try it though, give it a whirl yourself.

Edited by alanschu

While I certainly like the idea of making the most of intra party dialogue / interaction during a single run through of the game, the fact that balance / difficulty will probably go right out the window, coupled with the combat xp penalty a larger party is likely to incur, makes me think it's not really worth it. Better to just play through the OC a few times, decking your party out with a different combo of NPCs each time.

Edited by legion

While I certainly like the idea of making the most of intra party dialogue / interaction during a single run through of the game, the fact that balance / difficulty will probably go right out the window, coupled with the combat xp penalty a larger party is likely to incur, makes me think it's not really worth it.  Better to just play through the OC a few times, decking your party out with a different combo of NPCs each time.

I'm pretty sure there's no xp penalty incurred for parties, as when you gain 30 xp for killing a bugbear, all characters gain 30 xp, whether they're in combat or not. Fight balance might certainly take a hit, though.

Maybe just jack it up to the highest difficulty. But then, mages take an inordinate beating in that mode. Just been trying it as

Qara

joined the crew.

I think I am still gonna use that cheat since I want full party interactivity just as in BG2. To balance things, I am gonna raise the difficulty setting to max and avoid having too many mages in my party (either the elf wizard or the warlock guy should be enough).

I'm pretty sure there's no xp penalty incurred for parties, as when you gain 30 xp for killing a bugbear, all characters gain 30 xp, whether they're in combat or not. Fight balance might certainly take a hit, though.

There's definitely something going on experience wise as the number of party members changes, but after doing a very limited bit of testing, it's not at all what I expected.

In my last play session, after being attacked outside the inn, I quickly decided to run back inside, save, then face the encounter with different party sizes to see if experience was affected at all. First, I went out with just Qara, and the two of us netted 11 xp per kill, which seemed pretty terrible since I'd been getting better xp in all my previous fights. So then, I reloaded and went out with a full complement of companions (6 in all, including myself), and not only did I have a much easier time with the encounter, but the xp per kill was bumped up to 19 as well.

More experience, less challenge, same great taste. Strange, no?

I'm not going to go into spoilers, but you can also get one free companion/npc (that doesn't count as the 3 you can choose for your party). I'm not sure how long you get to keep the NPC though. This is Act I.

To slightly add to that spoiler, that fixed NPC eventually becomes a free NPC slot (upping it to 4).

Please tell me it's

Deekin

! That. would. be. awesome.

Edited by jaguars4ever
manthing2.jpg

I'm not going to go into spoilers, but you can also get one free companion/npc (that doesn't count as the 3 you can choose for your party). I'm not sure how long you get to keep the NPC though. This is Act I.

To slightly add to that spoiler, that fixed NPC eventually becomes a free NPC slot (upping it to 4).

Please tell me it's

Deekin

! That. would. be. awesome.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

btw, I didn't fix up my golem last game time. Does he take up a space or not?

I don't know if there's a part where you get 5, but I know there's parts where you get 4.  And while I don't know if there's a part where you get specifically FIVE, there are parts where you get everyone.

There is at least one area where you can get five NPCs.

In Act III, when you seek out the druids, if you sent Bishop to scout for you he joins you there.

There are other areas where you only get two.

I didn't fix up the Golem either, but I'll suspect it'll take up a spot.

And jags, that NPC will help you in your adventures, but I will not say how :)

I can always to rely on alanschu to divulge the juicy details witout spoiling it. :D

But that Pop schmuck above you mentioned something about a

golem

. If that's the companion then that's kinda cool too. I'll always have fond memories of my HotU uber

golem

>_<

manthing2.jpg