In America, we are electing our Congressmen

Pop

I'm hardly the one who needs to relax here, withoutestes. :dancing: Anyway, I'm going to stop before this goes too far.

No doubt. You like it rough, like Ted Haggard I imagine.  ^_^

And I see you still like making pathetic attempts to provoke flame wars and coming up with comebacks a person with downs syndrome would laugh at! Keep it up, kid! Adios. :aiee:

Edited by Dark Moth

Given that you're hardly old enough to vote let alone drink a beer in your country, mr. editalot, I'll answer that insult with a good old LOOOOOOOOOOL! :dancing: :crazy: :joy:

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

My prediction:  If the democrats do win the senate, I predict that the GOP will offer Lieberman big incentives, like a plum committee chairmanship, to switch to Republican.  And Lieberman, who has already shown he has no party loyalty or respect for the primary process, will accept.  Instant reversion to republican control.

Personally, I don't think it was a good idea in the first place to distance themselves from him in the first place. The Dems IMO need moderates like him in order to sway the undecided or those near the middle of the spectrum. Instead I saw many of them switching to a more left of center strategy. Then again, one could say that's a good strategy because of the way many are disgusted with the way Republicans have handled the leadership in this country. Farther left = More appealing. (I must say, I'm not very happy either.)

BTW Lucius, I am old enough to vote. I did so yesterday. :dancing: LOL.

Edited by Dark Moth

Awww too bad it didn't matter, and didn't you leave already? You always make promises you can't keep! :dancing:

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

I'd rather spam this board to death than ever answer you in a PM Mothie. Know that :)

Oh and if anyone is interested in some homoerotic PM's just lemme know, he's supplying me plenty atm. ;)

DENMARK!

Here's hoping! I hope the Dems make the last 2 years of Bushie's reign hell.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

it is too bad that the "separation of powers" only technically applies to one branch over another. i don't know of another way to deal with the inevitable outcome of a (primarily) two-party system, however.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

CRY LITTLE GIRL CRY YOU CAN'T BRING THE **** BACK BWAHAHHAHAHAHA :aiee:

I'm sorry, is something funny? :-

I'm entitled to a little bit of schadenfreude. We've got an understanding: He compares homosexuality to bestiality and still gets some measure of power in Washington for a time, and I laugh at his children, weeping as their City of God flies away. :dancing:

Besides, it's not like he's going far or losing much. From what I hear, K Street has already picked him up. Not that he's got the behind-the-scenes power of, say, your James Dobsons and Tom Delays, nor would he have the punditry skills of Newt Gingrich, but he'll be around in some capacity. He's certainly not going to the poorhouse. His daughter certainly isn't losing a damned thing.

:dancing: That's him, I thought he looked familiar... and that makes it even better, he isn't just some random Republican conservative, using his family to provoke the pity of the gathering. Reminds me of the family first party, *shudder*

That doll is creepy.

S.A.S.I.S.P.G.M.D.G.S.M.B.

as long as the Dems don't try to bottle up executive nominations with procedural maneuvers, I think I can live with them in charge of both chambers...heck, it might even get this 2-term president the chance to use his VETO PEN, something that he has not yet used, if I recall correctly.

make no mistake, this was a referendum on the Iraq war....this is the same issue that lead to Tony Blair's demise.

i think the recent push to "christian conservative" morals hurt many that otherwise would have let the iraq mess slide, too. certainly iraq is the dominant player here, but had the GOP not been so pushy with religion on many issues (FL, gay rights "amendments", etc.) a lot of swing voters would not have swung the other way i'm guessing.

bush will be lucky if he gets anyone pushed through now. that's probably why rummy resigned, because they knew it was all over. actually, i hadn't considered this till now... hmmm.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

i think the recent push to "christian conservative" morals hurt many that otherwise would have let the iraq mess slide, too.  certainly iraq is the dominant player here, but had the GOP not been so pushy with religion on many issues (FL, gay rights "amendments", etc.) a lot of swing voters would not have swung the other way i'm guessing.

bush will be lucky if he gets anyone pushed through now.  that's probably why rummy resigned, because they knew it was all over.  actually, i hadn't considered this till now... hmmm.

taks

Maybe. Rumsfeld leaves, Republicans get to ship off their pariah, Democrats get to "work things out" with a new secretary of defense and preferrably, a new approach to policy. Everybody wins. But the ousting of Rumsfeld was bound to happen. The wheels were turning before the election.

The Rovian approach to partisan politics took a big hit this election. Archconservatives as candidates by and large didn't do very well (although Marilyn Musgrave did win out up here) conservative bills took some important defeats, but I wouldn't say they got trounced like the conservative politicians did. Even the far-left wing of the Dems lost out with Lamont. So it looks like playing to the middle is now back in vogue.