In America, we are electing our Congressmen

Pop

Oooh, it's a pitched battle between the Repuglicans and the Spendocrats, but it looks like the House of Representatives may fall to the Dems as predicted, although the Senate looks out of reach.

Looks good for the dems so far. Got Ohio, kept New Jersey, got Pennsylvania. That **** Santorum is most likely out of a job.

More as it develops!

lol 2 young to vote!

Get out of the thread, cretin! :bat:

Just to put things in perspective, many of the dems that are winning are conservative by dem standards. This is the way it must be if the Dems are to gain anything. We may be seeing a new paradigm. Gay marriage bans have a 21-0 record and I wouldn't be surprised if the state ballot initiatives voted on today bring the record to 29-0.

The battle between dem Jim Webb and republican George "Macaca" Allen looks to be leaning towards Allen (Virginia is red all the way through) but it's tight.

Looks like the dems got Rhode Island, too.

Edited by Pop

Had to vote a straight Dem ticket.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

Had to vote a straight Dem ticket.

Nothing wrong with that. Some people prefer to vote on the merits of individual candidates' positions, but you have to remember that when you vote in a Republican or a Democrat, no matter what they say to the contrary, you are in fact promoting their party platform. That's how this works.

Looks like both the Dems and Reps lost to Lieberman in Connecticut. It's darkly ironic. The Dems abandoned him in favor of a more pure idealogue and the floor was wiped with their ass.

Anarchy in the USA!

I have not voted nor would I vote for those backstabbing, propaganda spewing muppets.

Well, you know what they say. No vote at all is a vote for the incumbent party :bat: so functionally, you're a Republican.

HOW DOES IT FEEL?

Edited by Pop

"Looks like both the Dems and Reps lost to Lieberman in Connecticut."

YES! IN YOUR FACE DEMS!

You betrayed one of your own, and now you are put in YOUR place!!!

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

South Dakota abortion ban just died. Looks like these giants bleed :bat:

Perry wins governorship of Texas over popular dark horse Kinky Friedman.

I'm thinking maybe I should have made this thread about Britney Spears' divorce. Maybe then people would pay attention.

*edit - scratch that, abortion ban not totally dead, but with a a quarter of the precincts reporting in it's 56 / 44 in favor of repeal. Let's hope it stays that good, eh?

Edited by Pop

So lets see, this year I got to choose between a Republican Party who could not lead a drunk to a bar, or a band of raving communists who took over the Democratic Party in 2000. Ugh! I voted republican top to bottom but felt like I needed to take a shower afterwards. Once again choosing the lesser of two evils.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Anarchy in the USA!

if you're being serious, you're more of an idiot then I had ever imagined.

Go rent a movie like Black Hawk Down. That's Anarchy. I'm 14 and I can figure this stuff out.

Nothing says "Anarchy in the USA!" like a half-assed attempt at it.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

Speaking as an Australian, where voting is compulsory for those over 18, the American system is weird.... :crazy: and in my ill informed opinion it doesn't sound very democratic to use machines that can brake down, or that primitive punch card system. There are also the rallies where nutters wave flags saying "i Luv Thingy" , and the people of questionable character that travel around knocking on doors to get you to vote for a person that is of equally questionable character...

Edited by Purgatorio

S.A.S.I.S.P.G.M.D.G.S.M.B.

Speaking as an Australian, where voting is compulsory for those over 18, the American system is weird.... :crazy: and in my ill informed opinion it doesn't sound very democratic to use machines that can brake down, or that primitive punch card system. There are also the rallies where nutters wave flags saying "i Luv Thingy" , and the people of questionable character that travel around knocking on doors to get you to vote for a person that is of equally questionable character...

I may not be American, but I resent that. I was one of those people during our last provincial election here. I'm not of "questionable character." :'(

It counted towards my community service hours for school. :)

Knocking on peoples doors for a few hours/day(-_-) > watching over a bunch of young punk kids(:p) at a school fair.

Imperative voting doesn't fit in with the American concept of rights. I'm not even sure I want people to vote if they're not going to make an effort to understand what it is they're voting for, and I'm not sure compelling them to will make much difference.

Tight tight tight race. Dems have assuredly won the House of Representatives. The Senate stands at 49-48 favoring the Republicans, but 2 out of the last 3 states are leaning Democratic. If we get those 2, then it's going to be 50-50, but that's no win for the Dems, since **** Cheney is going to be the deciding voter.

Feels good, though. Hopefully we can at least move towards turning this damnable country around :)

I slept all day so I missed out on voting. Dammit. Working overnights suck. :)

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

welll... two things caught my attention. My the local congressman was linked to the bribery scandal and thus this area has become a MASSIVE fight for the seat. So my phone has been ringing off the hook for political ads and such. Anyway One of the adds starts out listing what has come out that happened in the whole corruption thing about the congress men then states taht if you want to "join the fight" you go to "dolittlefacts.org" or somthing (dolittle being the congressman, ahh the irony of that name...). And the effect is completly ruined at the end as his opponent comes on and promptly says "I endorse this message" even though up to that point it seemed like the ENTIRE message was put up by "concerned citizens"

The other thing thats odd is that there are general party ads by the republicans that are runnign. Basically it's somthing along the lines of "you like these six things? well vote republican and you can see them enforced... oh yeah I'm now going to knock everything off this here desk in the backround just for the hell of it!" Strikes me as if they are COMPLETLY desperate at that point if they run party ads rather than paying for candidates ads.

Poles closed and the multimillionare of a governer in cali held his seat but it looks like the dems have taken the house.

Edit: dolittle won... how long he stays there is up in the air if half of what is said about him is true.

Edited by Calax

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Sweden's largest newspaper has a poll on how the swedish people would vote:

75% would vote for the democrats.

10% would vote for the republicans.

15% wouldn't vote at all/would vote blank.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

This state (California) really has a love/hate relationship with fiscal responsibility.  I can't believe we voted down three tax-reliant props and passed so many bond-reliant props that we will be paying back ~$70 billion over the next 30 years.

Sweet.

Obsidian should relocate to Iowa. :D

We don't have those problems here. The Demos have the house and senate and the governorship. YEEEEEEEEEEE-AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAW!

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

Another good reason to move to Iowa, or at least out of California.

This state (California) really has a love/hate relationship with fiscal responsibility.  I can't believe we voted down three tax-reliant props and passed so many bond-reliant props that we will be paying back ~$70 billion over the next 30 years.

Sweet.

Obsidian should relocate to Iowa. :D

We don't have those problems here. The Demos have the house and senate and the governorship. YEEEEEEEEEEE-AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAW!

Obsidian should relocate to Vancouver :ermm: That way I can apply for a QA position.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg