Beating Kreia

YEAH, so I am having alot of trouble beating Kreia.

I am a lvl 25 weapon master, I wield two blue lightsabers with the best crystals.

I am stuck, the sith lord on the ravager was a pushover against me, but kreia somehow, I can't beat her I have tried many times

Edited by saladin281

Or could try contention for lightsaber if you prefer saber style with less penalties. Kreia is hard simply due to having much health. Some tactics she uses might be death field (used to drain your life for recovering her health). Cast force immunity to protect against it. LS or DS? Force enlightenment works well. More so for force crush.

Or just activate hyper adrenal stims for strength and dex against her. Energy resistance helps as well.

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

If you run far enough away you should go out of combat mode, then you will be able to load up on stims medpacks and support powers, make sure you are using the right Saber style or channeling technique. Then go for Kriea not the light-saber they should only get a few hits before she loses control of them.

S.A.S.I.S.P.G.M.D.G.S.M.B.

If it's the lightsabers you're having trouble with, try running away with force speed. You can either lose them in the pillars or string them out; when you've got one by itself, attack it until it's dead or the others show up. Then run off again. Whatever you do, don't hang around near Traya; having her use force powers while the lightsabers attack you is not fun.

If character has enough force points, could try advanced using throw lightsaber against Kreia after outrunning her floating sabers. Kriea can't really attack after floating sabers are activated (wrists are gone). It is just a bit slow, though. Still find master speed and power attacks or flurry easier.

Edited by vaxen83

Deep from within...

朱宣澧

Why do people insist that the endgame fight with Kreia and the three lightsabers is difficult?

If you play on normal difficulty then there are no difficult fights in the game.

Just upgrade your lightsaber with good consistent damage upgrades, that is have an upgrade which gives +5 damage than +1-12.

Try using an expert fencing emitter and fight her using Makashi.

Use one of the maximised combat styles, though that isn't necessary.

I have beaten her using the basic level special attacks.

Maximized flurry or critical strike will most likely work the best, though power attack is equally good.

Have you got your special "yourname" crystal upgraded?

If you are having trouble, use Force enlightenment with Master speed, Master Valor and Force Armor.

They will all activate with Force enlightenment, effectively making you temporarily nearly a half god.

If you do not have all those Force powers just Master speed will suffice.

If you are having trouble, use energy shields, preferably a verpine prototype shield and Master Battle Meditation if you have it.

Don't use any Force powers against her since she will most likely resist it.

Use a good upgradable light armour robe or Jedi robes such as the Zeison Sha or Jal Shey.

Upgrades which are good to use are are:

Energy shielding, Biorestorative underlay or strengthening underlay.

Try to have many strength upgrading items.

I just recently finished the whole game using only melee weapons, no lightsaber and I managed to kill both Sion and Kreia using only my hands and disruption gloves.

This is not an indication to my skill, IE I have none, but an indication on how easy the game is.

I am a no-skill n00b, you can all do it easily since you are most likely a lot more intelligent and more skilled than me.

May the Force be with you.

Edited by Chinnan the fool

Barab Ore Ingot and Pontite crystal if using two single sabers will be able to make battle with Kreia much faster as additional damage crystals apart from using suitable saber forms against her. Also don't really mind using Plague effect against her to slow her down. Old lady tends to run quite fast, especially when Master Speed has not been activated on Exile character.

Deep from within...

朱宣澧

So, any success?

Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

There was. Hardly ever had problems with Kreia at all. Just lead lightsabers around Trayus Core and trap them inbetween the pillars of the level. By the way, with combat feats, power attack was probably extremely effective against Kreia. Especially for character using Weaponmaster or Marauder prestige as Kreia was continually knocked over almost every time hit was critical (Before the three floating sabers).

Deep from within...

朱宣澧

Setting up all the mines that you have for a trap will help out. That is do it before you talk to her. Force Storm is a good power against those lightsabers.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Bah. The first time I faced her all I had was a lightsaber doing 45 ish damage, salvaged dark jedi master robes upgraded with the top regeneration underlay, several Arkanian prototype shields and the character armband, and the old witch didnt take much longer to wipe out than sion. The sabers were easy to kill too. I was only level 25.

Its simple:

Activate shield

Master flurry

Master flurry

Master flurry

Master flurry

Rinse and repeat.

Pain is all mankind is sure to experience.

Somewhere this is a person, who has suffered a thousand planets' pain. Who has suffered pain that would kill a mortal, and still keeps fighting on. The one who reduces our suffering by taking the brunt of it. He is our true saviour.

He is the son of thunder and consolation.

LvL doesn't matter, the people you fight scale to your lvl, so it won't change if you fight her at 15 or 25 or 145, you will have more HP and Force points and more powers and hit harder but so will she.

The force helps me poop better, and use lightsabers to cut my food that then turns into poop.

I forgot about that.

Pain is all mankind is sure to experience.

Somewhere this is a person, who has suffered a thousand planets' pain. Who has suffered pain that would kill a mortal, and still keeps fighting on. The one who reduces our suffering by taking the brunt of it. He is our true saviour.

He is the son of thunder and consolation.

• 2 weeks later...

WHAT ??? YOU CAN UPGRADE YOUR PERSONAL CRYSTAL ??? HOW ??????

Waah I never upgraded that one. :) Thought it would level automatically when I level ... ;)

I thought Energy Resistance and Force Immunity are standards ?!? I never leave home without those. Especially since everyone can "Plague" you if you don't have Force Immunity.

And 'Plague' is what I would use against Kreia. Even she can't resist it, as she has no Force Immunity up and I think she also has no Force Resistance.

By the way, I took "Force Breach" but NOBODY IN THE WHOLE GAME *EVER* BUFFS HIMSELF ??? :crazy:

Kreia was in fact really funny. When she went on low health, she tried to get hitpoints by casting lifedrain. Unfortunately for her I had Force Immunity up. Instead of trying to breach it or trying to wound me otherwise, she just kept trying to lifedrain me until she really was down first time ! LOL

Then she summoned these floating lightsabers and that was even more funny. Because I just ran around the whole construct and attacked Kreia from the other side(not wanting to spend my time with the lightsabers) - and the lightsabers tried to follow me, but lost sight of me, stationed themselves somewhere on the way I took and, being unable to see me, simply stayed put there and out of the way while I killed Kreia a second time.

Crappy AI, really. Strangely, its worse than KotoR1.

But killing Kreia took so long I wasn't really sad about it. Especially since I hardly ever hit her. Unequipping the immortality belt (-2 attack), equipping all Dex giving items, and changing from Power Attack (-3 attack) to normal attack helped a lot however. Then she was down quite fast.

And yeah, that first Darth is nothing short of a joke. Lasted about 2 times 2 or 3 rounds, and 2 dialogues.

Second Darth was a lot harder, needed like half a douzen lifepacks against him (needed some of those against Kreia, too), especially since I missed so often (should really have started switching equipment like against Kreia). But not really a form of stress when you have like 70 of those anyway, plus maxed Treat Injury.

WHAT ??? YOU CAN UPGRADE YOUR PERSONAL CRYSTAL ??? HOW ??????

After Exile character gains character levels, speak to Kreia each time and mention about the crystal. She will ask you to disjunction it from your lightsaber and you will find it refocused to match your alignment, which determines bonuses for stats you get. Maximum level for tuning crystal to get such bonuses is likely around level 42-44. Then again, if your character is between 24-28, it might be enough as game is not tough. Try to have it happen before Kreia leaves your party.

Deep from within...

朱宣澧

Well, Exile is basically utilising her own ability in retuning crystal for you so that you can battle her. As ironic as it may sound, it seems to work well.

Deep from within...

朱宣澧