Dragonlance Glory of Istar

ramza

I know that most of you are busy with NWN2 but there are still a lot of good mods for the IE games. Glory of Istar is one of them. I just downloaded it and it is quite enjoyable and loyal to the Dragonlance setting's rules. The mod will eventually have 2 chapters but the first one has been released in the form of a demo.

Has anyone ever tried it? I just enjoy using again that old BG2 interface for new adventures. I just feel nostalgic... and the game is a bit hard since you start at level 1, and dont have many companions.

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

I have not played it. It seemed like an interesting mod to add to my BG2 mod collection but it seemed like the mod authors abandon it.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

well, we already have the first half of it, which IS better than NOTHING at all. I really like the way spellcasting has been handled (they use mana points now). You guys ought to take a look at it.

http://www.dragonlancetc.com/

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

I just noticed that the mod also implements the concept of regional reputation just as Sawyer planned to include in Jefferson. I would love to find this feature in TBH if Sawyer ever decides to make it.

Weird... noone has ever tried that mod? I am actually enjoying it quite a lot! There are many mini-quests and quite some roleplaying-options (for example, you can choose to side with some good-natured ogres and face the persecuting humans instead).

It may never be completed unfortunately. The site hasn't been updated for more than a year. :)